The Alex Employee Reviews

not ethnically diverse
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  calgary22 October 2018
Some of the programs and serves that they offer are great. However, this company is very mismanaged and is not conducive to people of colour. For instance, HOMEBASE is well not integrated, the employees are mostly all white with little knowledge on cultural sensitivity. The management their might state that they understand and support inclusion and diversity on the surface, however, they are not inclusive. They are also more willing to go an extra mile for their white clients vs, indigenous and racialized clients. If you are a person of colour and looking for a job there or working there. IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO KEEP TO YOURSELF, HAVE YOUR MOUTH SHUT, AND HAVE AWESOME SUPERFICIAL CONVERSATIONS, otherwise you will be targetted!!!
Pros
great jokes
Cons
very racist enviroment
I loved every day there,!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary's15 September 2017
The job is very satisfying! Fast paced must be very resorceful.
Interdepartment team. Make life time of friends. Clients are very vulnerable. Usually the last place they can go
Pros
Flexible and understanding staff
Good Place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
Good Place to work- laid back, fun and great people. Definitely recommend to others to work here. Great environment- it's nice to look forward to coming to work everyday
Amazing organization to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2015
I am a mental health nurse and 10 yr veteran with the Canadian Forces. I accepted a position with the pathways program of the Alex in Aug 2014 and to be perfectly honest, this has been a dream job for me. Salary is below average compared to Alberta Health but the work / life balance, the team work and comradery among the interdisciplinary teams, and the validation as a health care professional has been amazing. Working a a member of an ACT team has brought new depths to my practice and I love the community setting, no more scrubs, no backstabbing from peers, no Union b.s. And no evenings, no weekends, and no more 12hr shifts.

I love working here and it was well worth the $8,000 pay cut I took to take this position.
Pros
Work life balance, team unity
Cons
below average wages