The Acquisition Group
Happiness score is 75 out of 100

The Acquisition Group Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB41 reviews

Nice and good team work place to be

I have to resume for training everyday before going out to the field to make sales as this helps us to be abreast changes in prices of our brands products. Managers and team assistance is available as you work.The hardest part of the job is door knocking to makes sales.

Pros

Bonuses for extra work and team celebrations.

Best experience I've had working in sales/marketing!

I've been working at TAG for almost two years and this is by far the best experience I've had working in sales and marketing. This organization genuinely cares about its people. The entire vibe of the company is absolutely incredible - such a supportive work environment, you're always learning new skills/enhancing current skills, your team members actually want you to succeed vs being so competitive that you're pitted against each other. Truly a great place to work and grow as a professional - highly recommend applying if you want to up your sales and marketing experience/get your foot in the door in the sales field!

Pros

Great earning potential, So many opportunities to learn/ lead/ grow - professionally and personally), Learn so many transferrable skills from top industry leaders (i.e sales skills, negotiating skills, analytical thinking, customer relationship management, etc), AMAZING culture/fun team activities, events

Cons

It's worth mentioning that sales-focused roles aren't always going to be a walk in the park, sometimes you have a bad week/work long hours but that's part of working in this industry!, There are many benefits to this career path, you just need to be willing to work for it!

Great Place to Grow

It is really nice to feel supported to grow and achieve my dreams with a team that I can truly call not only friends, but family. The sky is the limit here!

Great people! Lovely Culture!! Freedom to succeed.

No one reads positive reviews because we all feel its some staff just being forced to do it or some other shady situation. I decided to type this review because it will be unfair if I could help just one person and did not try. I have been in the Sales and Marketing industry for 11 years now, worked for a couple of big name brands, made above average money but gained nothing else. I have been with The Acquisition Group for 22 months, been involved with 4 different sales campaigns and risen to a Manager level (3 levels from entry level) running my own office. Was it easy? No! Was it worth it? Definately!! Since I have been here no one has been hired after me to be my manager. This company does not buy or borrow senior managers, they build LEADERS. If you are looking for a clock watching 9-5 job, this is not for you. If you are looking for GROWTH, or an OPPORTUNITY to show your worth, then i don't know why you are not here. Great People! Amazing Culture!! Freedom to succeed!!!.

Pros

Be your own Boss!!

Cons

Hardwork! Hardwork!! Hardwork!!!

Supportive work Environemnt

You will find the better version of you by being part of TAG! Everyone has an amazing positive personality and supportive nature. The senior leadership are people you are proud of and they inspire you to work smarter to achieve your goals!

Great company to work in

You cant find a better company to work in if you are a sales person. No cap on commission is one of the biggest reason for that. Great management, Great coworkers, Great senior leadership. Welcoming environment, no racism like some other companies.

Pros

Weekly activities, recognition on the job

Cons

no cons

Amazing growth structure

Been with the company for a few years now. What attracted me to the company is the transparent growth structure. I was looking for a place to grow my career, and never found a place with such a clear path as do X and get Y. Not an easy role but If your willing to put in the work there is no glass ceiling on your advancement.

Pros

Growth structure

Supportive work Environemnt

Great work environment with personal & professional growth! I have been with the company for 4 months and I can see a huge professional growth of myself!

Fun and supportive place to learn and grow

My office is like a home away from home, with a fantastic culture and great relationships with my co-workers. I have an awesome team, that pushes me to grow and improve daily, while still being supportive and encouraging. My job requires a mind broad enough for multi tasking and forethought, but focused enough to pay attention to minute detail, quick thinking and problem solving.

Pros

Support, Great relationships, Bonuses

Cons

N/a

Lack of clarity

The company looks fake as they dont have any clear idea for what they are hiring and ask you to be with them in the field for the entire day without getting paid. there is no facility of washrooms while your in field and they ask you to just walk around the city and ask for funds while walking in. total waste of time i would recommed dont even apply.

Pros

no adavantages

Cons

unpaid training's for long hours

Strong sense of Team and shared success. You know. You are valued.

Working for TAG was an amazing experience I will never discount credit to. Most of the department leads were supportive and personable. The department I was on was a smaller team and my only complaints were that the team lead seemed to play favorites. If you fall out of favor or standout from the preferred personality type, you may find the boss no longer likes you. Then regardless of your work performance, that person will find a reason to get rid of you.

Pros

The teams are supportive of one another's successes

Cons

For sure a favorites game in at least one department

Door to door was not for me, but they try to get you to where you need to be

All of the people that I worked with were great. Everyone was friendly and easy to get along with, especially my supervisor. They let you know in advance what you'd be doing and they were willing to offer any help that you may have needed. Expectations were made clear. My trainer was also awesome, and always willing to help me out when I needed it. The people I worked with were easily the best part of the job. Unfortunately for me, doing door to door sales was just not a fit for me. It required strong interpersonal skills (which I have) but my biggest issue is that going door to door had way too much potential for conflict, and of course the job was somewhat competitive. I was guaranteed a base salary of $400/week plus all the commission I would earn on top of that, so the more sales you make, the more money you earn, but it wasn't so competitive that everyone was backstabbing each other to earn more. Overall, if you like trying to make that sale, this would be the perfect place for you. If you're not so sure, but you want to try and get into sales, it might be tough at first, but you'll probably be able to do it well. I didn't have any issues when I was there.

14 April 2020
Thank you for such a thorough and honest review of your experience with us. We completely understand that sometimes a direct sales role can be challenging and may not be the best fit for everyone. Nevertheless, we are so happy to hear your leader provided you with continuous guidance and encouragement and that you had a supportive and fun-loving team to rely on. At The Acquisition Group, we actively work to create an uplifting and positive team culture, in which all of our team members can work together to grow and succeed. We appreciate the time you took to provide us with feedback and truly value your insight. We encourage you to watch for other opportunities in the company, as we have a wide variety of different roles outside of sales and would love for you to apply. Kindest regards, The Acquisition Group

Excellent

This is a good opportunity where you can grow and make $$$ from doing it. Work Ethic - 100% Motivated - 100% Discipline - 100% You can learn new skills if you come in with the right mindset. Learn everything about sales! For people that are looking for a change in their life.

Best company for career growth

I joined the Acquisition Group approx 2 years ago and the support I have received form my team members and leadership team can not be put in to words. They are always there for guidance and encouragement. I have been able to grow within the company as the senior leadership team pays attention to their team members strengths and help them grown in to becoming better daily. You also get to travel 2-3 times a year to meet with all teams and celebrate the company success together.

I have been working at the Acquisition group for more than 6 months. My coworkers are very friendly and we always support each other. Sometimes you have to travel or work late but it's worthy as there are many opportunities to grow.

Fantastic vertical and horizontal growth!

Even if you have no experience you are provided more than enough training in order to succeed. The Acquisition Group is a type of company that INVEST's in you. I have only been with the company for 8 months. But I have received so much support from both my team and Sr. Leadership.

Pros

Great culture, cares about the client.

Cons

You need to be proactive in seeking out help, If you can't take the initiative or have trouble problem solving on the spot this job is not for you

Friendly colleagues

The help of the management and the training they provide gives you the opportunity to grow and advance in the business. Fun place to work, the culture is great, it helps you build up your social skills. Though you get paid based on your performance, fully commission and some bonuses

Personal development and growth

Was my first sales role thought me communication skills, management experience, and provided me tools to set myself up for all future endeavors. Overall 10 out of 10

Terrible place to work

Worked for 5 weeks and was paid pennies compared to what I was told I was going to get paid. Ended up loosing money by working there when adding in how much I spent on gas.

12 July 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are disappointed to hear that our competitive compensation structure did not align with your expectations.We would like to look into your compensation to ensure that you have received all compensation you are entitled to, and identify why it was lower than expected. Please contact us at HR@theacquisitiongroup.com. We are here to help. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We look forward to hearing from you. The Acquisition Group

Perfect for a salesman, worth a shot

Not everybody is cut out to be a salesman, the only way to find out is to try it. If you are successful then you can be fairly well of and make a place for yourself at this company. Give it the first 2 weeks, you will get a feel for if this job is right for you.

Pros

plenty of training opportunities and chances to practice skills

Cons

Long hours, Commission only, saturdays expected to work to fit in

30 April 2019
Thank you for your valuable feedback.Our culture of learning and development is in place to help our team be successful in their careers with us and beyond. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed these training opportunities. Our compensation structure isn't for everyone, but we aim to recognize and reward the hard work and success of our amazing team. We appreciate you taking time to share with us.The Acquisition Group

Productive, friendly and fun environment

Some days are harder and longer than others but everyone is there to help and boost your moral and keep you going. I've never been in such a team-building environment before but this one felt like a second family. Hardest thing was trying to keep or get quotas but everyone is really nice and encouraging with tips and advice.

19 March 2019
We appreciate your feedback!The culture at The Acquisition Group is one of growth and enthusiasm, and we are so glad that you are feeling encouraged by your teammates. Managers constantly look for new training opportunities to develop the skills that will set our team up to hit and exceed sales quotas. We encourage you to share any other insight from your time with us with HR@theacquisitiongroup.com so that we can continue to provide the best sales support and training possible.Thank you for taking time to share your review with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Acquisition Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement