The 401 Group of Companies

The 401 Group of Companies Pay & benefits reviews

Canada238 reviews

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Exciting and energizing workplace with great development prospects!

I enjoy working for 401Auto. The culture is energizing and both the management and staff provide great support in terms of career development. I can say with great pride that I work for 401Auto!

Pros

Compensation Clean office spaces Great management

Cons

No cons

Misogyny and terrible unqualified leads (1internet lead per day if your lucky)

Wow what can I say. This is the most misogynistic atmosphere I've ever been in. From day one the GM didn't even know I was coming in and sat me in front on a computer for a week learning online. They had no office for me. Typical sales people manipulating. The leads are garbage and nobody makes anywhere close to $150,000 here. Nobody except maybe the top 2-3 sales people (which have benefits of different leads) and maybe the manager. You have to rely on other sales people to teach you and they want half of your comish if you take the help they offer. Stay away at all costs- London location

Pros

Nobody breathing down your neck

Cons

misogyny, no training, sales people steal deals

3 April 2022
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We'd like to have a follow up conversation if you're still an employee as suggested by your review. Please don't hesitate to reach out to hr@401auto.ca

Insights into The 401 Group of Companies

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Absolute Fantastic place to work

After searching for a year for the perfect sales job. I finally found it. Can't say enough about the atmosphere and the people everyone is always willing to help and the pay is great too

Pros

Great hours, pay structure, atmosphere, and they buy lunch a lot

Cons

Mm can't think of any really

Amazing place to work at. Great team, helping out clients, amazing work environment. Dynamic and energetic place. Definitely recommend

I love the job. Work environment is amazing. A lot of windows which allows sunlight to pass through. Co-workers are amazing, receptionists are the best. Great team to work with. Not only that, you get to help out clients and getting well payed to do so. Definitely recommend.

Pros

Saturday free coffee/breakfast Waterbottles Coffee machine Gift cards Activities

Cons

Long hours A lot of responsability

Excellent work environment.

Helpful work environment.Work life balance.Great benefits.Management helpful.Hard work pays off - you get paid well for the amount of work you put it.

I wish I could give this company 10 stars

The entire management team including the executives are insanely supportive, the owners would give you their shirt off their back if they could. It is a fast growing company that challenges you everyday to be better than you were the previous day. It's felt like home ever since I started day 1, having a closed door meeting with the owner to talk to me about the company values and the culture! They also have catered lunches everyday that you can purchase for a fraction of the price that you would pay at a restaurant, this company cares

Pros

Free Coffee, crazy compensation, friendly team members, supportive staff, a lot of fun to come to work everyday

Cons

I wish I had a faster computer

28 November 2021
Thank you for the 5 star review. Although we take pride in providing great technology, we wish we could give you a faster computer too so you could close more deals! :)

Great work environment with great talents

Excellent place to work. Supportive management and great colleagues make it a joy going to work.Lots of opportunities for advancement and above-average benefits package.Good pay structure and incentives.

Great employees very bad management

Wouldn’t recommend working there, make you do above your job title but never give you a raise if what your experience is worth. Fire you without cause and doesn’t matter how long you’ve worked there for. If they do not like you, you are fired 3 months to the day your hired for “no cause”.

Great place to work!

I joined the 401 Auto Group in May 2020 as the Front Desk Reception. I applied for the position as I had experience in the admin field from a previous job, that I was just recently laid off from due to COVID. Although I did not have any background schooling in that field, the sales manager for the location took a chance on me and I am forever grateful. I was welcomed with such grace, and connected with everyone instantly. Everyone at the dealership was super helpful, and my training period went very smoothly. I am constantly being praised for good work, and always told that I am the glue that keeps the dealership together. With every job, comes challenges but having the proper management to help you through really makes all the difference. I am very happy to be an employee of this company, and will be looking to explore further opportunity and growth with the company in the future.

Pros

Being apart of a family, great staff!

amazing company

This is a dynamic and exciting company to work for. They provide their staff with the tools to make the best income possible in the car business. i highly recommend if given the opportunity that you jump at the chance to work for 401 Auto!!

Pros

Pay

Cons

The hours can be long; but well worth it

Excellent Company to help folks get into Auto Financing

Excellent Lead Portal 40-50 Leads Per Month Several Lenders on board Prime and Non Prime Repeat Customers Credit Program to teach customers Referral Program Rewarding customers for sending in a new customer Benefits after 3 months

Pros

Unlimited Earning Potential

Cons

Some Long hours Cell 24/7

Great Company with plenty of opportunities

I've worked at 401 Auto Rv Canada for nearly 2 year. The job is extremely fun and fast paced. You will meet lots of great people everyday and have quality interactions. The staff is great to work with and always a fun time. This is a performance based business, if you produce you can make great money. I've far exceeded my comfort zone working here and had many doors open to me. This is a great place to work and establish a career in sales!

Pros

Great atmosphere, amazing compensation based on performance

Cons

Hours may depend on appointments booked

5 Stars - never looked back!

The idea that you can wake up and be excited to go into work should be enough for you to apply here. I can hardly call it "work" when you actually enjoy what you do. There's tons of benefits to being a part of Canada's fastest growing dealer group. Surprisingly, one of those benefits is how large this company is and still keeps a family environment, where everyone looks out for each other. The atmosphere, the support, the inventory, the pay, ALL of it is above and beyond what any other group can offer! You won't regret joining this powerhouse of a dealer group!!

Pros

Demo vehicles, pay structure, awesome management, tons of support, benefits, Massive inventory!

Cons

None!

Would not recommend

I had minimal training in the short time I was there. I felt I was expected to know the job before being trained. Paid minimum wage. Did not feel like a good environment to be in. No support from other staff.

Pros

Cons

No support, low wage, too high expectations, favourites

25 April 2021
Hello, We truly appreciate your feedback. We seek to provide an exceptional training experience for all new employees while maintaining a high level of customer service for our guests at our high-volume dealership. We wish you all the best with your future endeavours!

Good place to learn

I regret leaving here. My issue was - I was doing more driving for other people that I didn't get time to work on my own things. Also, everytime I helped someone, they said that I'd get $100 for helping (from employee - not company) I never saw a dime. I SHOULD have went to management and explained what was going on. MY issue not theirs.

Pros

Money and staff

Cons

Driving for other employees with zero compensation

Fantastic Opportunity after Being Home with My Kids For 4 Years.

This is my return into the work force after being home with my kids for my years. As a newly single mother they have made this transition very easy for me and I find I am able to have a very flexible schedule when needed. I have learned many new skills in this job and gained a new sense on confidence with people whether it's in person, over the phone or through email. The staff and upper management are great and are always in a positive upbeat mood which makes the job much more enjoyable. The benefits from the company are great and the job comes with many perks. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for all sorts of jobs. There are employees from all backgrounds which make work a diverse place to be. There is lots of room for growth and career advancement. I also feel we are rewarded very well for our good work, and when you put in the work and get results you are rewarded very well.

Pros

benefits, Work Perks, Friendly staff and management, flexible hours.

Cons

Have not had any myself.

Management value their employees and provide proper support to succeed

Great team environment where colleagues are more than willing to help. Managers are willing to put in the time to insure their staff members are successful. Very competitive compensation where you are in control of how much money you earn. I highly recommend 401 Auto RV.

9 December 2020
Hi! Thank you for your review. It is great to hear your leadership team is so supportive and uplifting. Thank you for working at the 401 Auto RV Group of Companies. We wish you continued success!

Fast paced environment, coworkers are excellent, boss's are very understanding

During the summer it is crazy, but it is totally worth working here because all the staff here are so helpful. We all just want to get the work done and ensure customer satisfaction

Pros

some times we get free lunch on Fridays

Cons

Long hours during the summer

9 December 2020
Hello, Thank you for your 5 star review. We love the warm weather and exceeding customers expectations with Auto & RV needs! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our team.

Great place and great people!

401 Auto is an excellent place to work at. Bonus structure is great. Office environment is very positive. The top management is very supportive and friendly.

Pros

Culture, pay, benefits

9 December 2020
Hi, Thank you for the 5 star review! We're thrilled that you find our organization a great place to work. We value hiring like minded people and appreciate you being a member of our team!

One of a kind opportunity!

Amazing workplace, everyone has a positive attitude, your GM and your coworkers will become family, the opportunity at 401auto is one of a kind, if you have a “can do” attitude you can literally achieve anything, if you are willing to put in the work, you can truly change your life! The compensation plan is generous therefore one of the best i’ve personally ever seen! The GM truly cares for his team, he will do everything to make sure you succeed and his unique mentoring will put you on the right path! Congratulation if you got yourself an interview! A lot of opportunities are coming way.

Pros

Positive Environment, Opportunities, Generous Pay

9 December 2020
Hello, thank you for your 5 star review. Love your "one of a kind opportunity" subject line. That is the type of culture we seek to create at the 401 Auto RV Group! Happy selling!

Amazing workplace culture! Management is superb. What you put in, really pays off

This is a job that gets me out of bed in the morning, and I think that's important. It's a work-hard play-hard environment which I love. The perfect balance of productivity while still having fun. Everyday is exciting and filled with laughter. This company is really about their people. They see your potential and invest in you so that you can be the best you can be. Finally a job where your efforts are recognized, taking initiative, coming in early, staying late, going above and beyond with your clients, it's all worth it. I've had jobs in the past where I exceeded expectations and put in the time and shouldered the workload of my colleagues and I was treated the same as someone who always called in sick or didn't carry their weight. Here, I feel like I'm on a team, everyone has a common goal, everyone wants to win. It's like a family, they don't let you fall or falter. If you need help, if you're struggling, someone's always got your back. Management is the best I've ever experienced. There's an great balance of support and trust. They continuously encourage you and take steps to help develop your skills. My manager motivates me like nobody's business. The feeling of someone in your corner rather than someone looking over your shoulder truly makes a difference. I've never felt more respected and reassured in the workplace. He puts in time with each and everyone of us, all while remembering every detail. They have an open door concept which promotes flowing communication and lets everyone feel heard. Owner knows everyone in every location by name, remembers important things -

Pros

Learn a lot, great workplace culture, excellent management, career growth

9 December 2020
Hello, Thank you for your 5 star review. We are glad you find the 401 Auto RV Group's Kanata location as an amazing workplace. We appreciate the kudos and appreciate your time to write a thoughtful review. Thank you again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The 401 Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement