The 401 Group of Companies
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

The 401 Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada238 reviews

dealershipfinanceautomotivesalesucceedcarivecareer

I would definitely recommend this place for employment. Everyone here is incredibly friendly, they’re all encouraging and find ways to help and support you in whichever way they can.Management is incredibly approachable and helpful.A family like atmosphere, nothing that i can complain of

Pros

decent income, lots to learn and upgrade your skills

Cons

trying to find one

Energizing work environment that enables you to consistently learn and succeed

Since my first day at 401 Auto, I was able to immediately learn copious amounts of new information that would be beneficial to me in my new role. The management and staff are extremely supportive and offer a helping hand whenever needed. It is a great environment to be involved in that allows you to work hard and utilize your skillset.

Pros

Free coffee

Insights into The 401 Group of Companies

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Disappointing

I worked as a finance manger for this company for almost 4 years. I was a dedicated employee and always looked out for the best interest of the company and ensured others success as well as my own. They promoted a sales person from another location to general manger of the location I worked at. He was young which wasn't the problem. His lack of communication and people skills had us left which multiple customer complaints. Questionable and improper training to new hires as well. When brought up concerns to upper management was let go for NO CAUSE. The Typical reason this company fires people.

Pros

Decent income

Cons

hours, management

Great place to achieve your goal.

It’s an lifetime opportunity to work for this company. From the very first day I had the feeling that I made a good choice to work for this company. I’m happy that I’m getting closer each and every day towards my goal. Thank you 401 group of companies.

Don't waste your time

My coworkers were great and I enjoyed what I was doing. I was hired and had a start date on a Wednesday. I get there at the set time and had to wait for almost an hour for the manager to come greet me. I then filled in some paperwork and thats it. No orientation like was scheduled. Never get shown how to clock into the computerized system. Get to work right away. Told by the coworkers that they are glad I was there as they really needed the help due to staffing. Things go fine that day and for the rest of the week. Friday comes and the manager comes to see me at 4PM telling me there was a "communication error within the company" and that they'd be letting me go for no fault and that they'd be "going a different direction". Basically I wasted 3 days. I told the people I worked with what had just happened for them to be disappointed they have to cover what I was doing again plus their own jobs, they also mentioned that communication errors within the company were common. I will never spend money with this company at any of their locations and I suggest you don't waste your time with them.

Pros

Cons

no job security

Fast pace and fun learning environment

With 401Auto you will learn about everything from sales to time management and financing.Everything is fast paced but can be learned at your own speed while making money and having fun.

Great place to work.

Great HR and management team to make life easy. The company sets things up so success is simplified. Would recommend to anyone looking at building their sales and finance experience.

Love this company

Been working for 401 Auto for about year now.Absolutely love it so far. Feels like a family, pays very well if you put in the work. Can't complain at all to be honest!

Easygoing atmosphere that keeps you learning

I definitely would recommend this place for employment. Not only is everyone incredibly friendly, but they’re all encouraging and find ways to help and support you in whichever way they can. Management is incredibly approachable and helpful. Basically fits the “team work makes the dream work” motto! Highly recommend applying for a position within this company due to the work atmosphere and the supportive staff :)

Stay away

I can't even express how horrible this dealership is. Very unorganized, no sense of direction, little to no leadership and no discipline whatsoever. The fact that several people within this organization have their heads so far up their a** makes it unbearable to work. Do not work for Sudbury Mitsubishi/401 Auto.

Pros

Some good employees

Cons

Lots

Great place to work and achieve your work related goals with Management helping you along the way.

Work out of London location and can only say great things about Management and Corporate Management, if you want to work hard and strive to be better ever day Management will work with you to achieve all your employment goals.

Fun and Welcoming Work Environment

Everyone at the company is fun and welcoming to any newcomers to the company. They are flexible and willing to help with any questions that their employees have. Great work environment, great management, and great potential for growth!

Great place to work with lots of room for professional growth

This is my first job selling cars and they hired me without any prior experience. Have definitely learned a lot during my time here and can’t wait to see what the future holds during my time at 401.

Good Place to Work - Long hours and Lower Pay

Most of the people you work with are great and there is always room to grow, which is great. You typically start a little above minimum wage and it's hard to move up from there in the same position.

Zero Integrity from the top on down

This company is run/owned by people that want you to slam clients in a vehicle or trailer loan. All in the name of making the biggest profit you can.Part of your license includes ethics. If you have ethics, don't work here. If you stand up for yourself, you'll be fired. If you're not prepared to answer your phone 24/7 or work 6 days a week, don't apply here.I'm pretty sure that some of their internal payroll activities could be challenged too. They'll deduct stuff from your pay or hold commissions, arbitrarily. HR are puppets to senior management.I could go on with specific examples of things they do. I've seen enough to write a book. Maybe I will....

Pros

Potential for a great income

Cons

Too many to list

Official response from The 401 Group of Companies

3 April 2022
Hello, Thank you for your review. If you'd like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reach out to us directly at HR@401auto.ca.

Your work will be recognized

This is a very fair environment, where your hard work and respect will be rewarded tenfold. There is a lot to learn and a lot to be doing, and everyone will help you because they want to see you succeed. Very apparent opportunities for growth, always seeing people excel, makes it easy to put in the work to get there yourself

Pros

Everyone wants to see you succeed!

Productive, growing, opportunity, family

I have been with 401 auto for well over 3 years and I believe its one of the best places i have had the opportunity to work, everyone is extremely helpful from upper management, lots of training is provided, everyone is willing to help you in order for you to succeed, lots of room to grow with the company as they are always promoting within which is fantastic for anyone who wants to this to be a career

Great group of people!

The team here, in all departments, are very friendly and willing to help. Management has high expectations, but with that, they are always willing to help in anyway needed to achieve the goals set out.Like all/most sales and commission based jobs, you get what you put in. This includes sometimes having to work late or even a couple hours on your off days...comes with the territory of auto sale. Can be very rewarding financially, justifying the extra time put in.

I love my career with 401 Auto RV Canada Inc.

Such a warm & welcoming environment. I tend to come early & stay late because of how much I enjoy being here. Super friendly staff, we work as a team!

Great team and supportive management

I work at the Cambridge location and the staff is very friendly and helpful and the management is very hands on with an open-door policy. I have worked at previous automotive dealerships and would definitely recommend 401 Auto Cambridge over my other employers. You are provided leads which is very helpful and lessens the stress of having to wait for walk-in customers. Managers ensure that new hires have ample training and continue to check in to provide help when needed. There is a lot of room for personal and professional growth if you have the drive to do so.

Good Place

Good career but you have to work. Competitive but in a good way. Room for advancement. Room to grow. Fast paced and constantly evolving. All around good place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The 401 Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement