THAMES VALLEY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Experience So Far
OCCASIONAL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Various27 May 2018
Wonderful experience working as a supply teacher with the Thames Valley District School Board so far. The staff I have met are geniunely kind and take the time to answer questions I have. I look forward to go to different schools on a daily basis.
Volunteer
Organizer/Coordinator (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 May 2018
I am a volunteer with the organization so I love it because I get to do so many different types of tasks. It is such a great environment. I find the staff so friendly.
Pros
different tasks
Cons
I'm only a volunteer
Great career
Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2018
Thames Valley has a ton of great schools and many initiatives. There is a lot of available continued learning in this career. It is a career that allows you to plan a significant portion of your job, within given boundaries.
Pros
Great career, benefits, salary
Cons
Government politics
Busy place
Administrative Secretary - Riverside P.S (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2018
Every day we hit the ground running! Never a dull moment and enjoy the opportunities that present themselves everyday! Hardest part of the job is getting the to do list to the to done list. Great bunch of students and families that I deal with.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 February 2018
I enjoy my job here for the benefits and summers off. There is little to no opportunity for advancement in my role and the union supporting EAs is not very strong.
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
pay is inadequate
Good Team Work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 January 2018
We work together as a team, supporting each other to offer the best Educational opportunities to our students.

Our school principals listen to teachers, supporting each of us to be successful in delivering the programs which meet the students' emotional, social, and academic needs.

Teaching staff and Educational Assistants are all dedicated in supporting each student to be successful in school.
Pros
Supported environment
professionalism at its finest
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2018
worked closely with an amazing grade 2/3 teacher
tutored children individually to complete certain academic aspects
learned so much from the teacher about how to deal with behavioural children
Thames Valley District School Board was a great place to work.
Primary Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 October 2017
Teaching full time was a wonderful profession but given the option to retire, I took it. I love being retired but am looking forward to rewarding part time employment.
lunch supervisor
Lunch hour Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 July 2017
great place to work. I enojoyed going in daily and they are very understanding and diverse. They follow all protocols an procedures effectively. I would refer this organization to anymore if you have the chance to work here do it.
Safe, inclusive
Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 March 2017
Typical day at work: check mail, teach 3 classes, do lesson planning and marking during prep period. Sometimes prep period included covering other teacher's classes. Attend after school meetings, including interviews with parents. Bring home hours of work each night.

Hardest part of job would be teaching up to three courses during one class period.

Most enjoyable part of job was being in the classroom with students who were eager to learn and succeed.

It is a safe, inclusive working environment. I received support from faculty and staff.
Rewarding
Noon-Hour Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Summers Corners, ON19 October 2016
Working as a noon hour supervisor was enjoyable. I would spend 20 minutes inside helping children with their lunches and then spend 40 minutes outside watching the play and interact with their firends.
Great Company
Trillium/Guidance Secretary (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 October 2016
Great Company. Enjoy my job. Excellent opportunity for advancement. I like getting to know the students and watching them grow and learn from year to year.
A fun and sometimes challenging place to work.
Lunch Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2016
For the most part, this was an enjoyable job. Staff was always willing to assist when problems with students arose.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with uncooperative students who were disrespectful toward myself and my co-workers.

Some students were a joy to interact with, telling me jokes and sharing funny stories about themselves or their siblings.
Pros
Interaction with staff and students
Cons
Standing outside on cold winter days
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2016
Thames Valley is a great school board to work for, promoting inclusion for all students and education. Love working for Thames Valley.
occasional teacher
Occasional Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2016
Great employer, gained a lot of experience and contacts in the teaching community. I loved the interview set up, it was very unique and thoughtful.
Large school board with many opportunities to learn
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON23 November 2015
School board that is about staying on track and meeting targets. Many opportunities to do workshops and other educational experiences to enhance the employees ability to do the job. Lots of red tape and politics for many things within the company that can make advancement very difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with many different people (colleagues and clients alike) and learning how to accommodate and problem solve.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Many very opinionated employees (lack of cohesion)
Systems Operating Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 October 2015
Great place to work, great benefits, friendly staff. Every place has its Pro's and Con's and no place is perfect the sooner you learn this the better off everyone will be.
Supply Teacher
Elementary School Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  thames valley10 July 2015
You are expected to:
- On your first visit to a school, you are required to produce your ID
- Arrive in good time for your placement with time to prepare
- Familiarise yourself with the school and key members of staff
- If covering for a form tutor, take the morning register
- Provide break-time supervision if required
- Complete any necessary marking for the class
- Leave the classroom in a tidy state
- Provide a brief commentary on the day – the work covered, pupil effort, any problems etc. for the returning teacher.
Pros
educating children
Cons
behaviour issues
Enjoy working with children
Part Time Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  London ontario20 May 2015
Being an EA is great. I am able to be a positive role model as well to support the students with their complex needs. Love being able to support them with different techniques. Being able to help the students improve their behaviours and academics puts a smile on my face !
Ea
Temporary Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 February 2015
I worked one on one with children with special needs in a classroom helping them complete academic success and make every day as wonderful as it can be.