Thai Express

Thai Express Employee Reviews

THAI EXPRESS is reputed place for food. I learned lots of things like how to deal with various types of customers. Moreover, I learned about multitasking.
I worked at a newly made Thai express and It was very good in the beginning, Some of the employees were amazing. Unfortunately it took a very toxic supervisor and favoritism to make someone quit. It started to just become a chore then enjoyable. Definitely not a place to work for growth because you will definitely not get it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Employees
J’ai vraiment aimer mon expérience, l’ambiance est juste parfaite. Les supérieurs sont amicaux, se qui donne envie de venir travailler chaque jour
Mon patron parlait un peu anglais et pas de français. Les autres employés parlaient mandarin majoritairement alors pas vraiment d'échanges entre collègues. Cela rend le tout très long. Bonne nourriture, produits frais.
Calm job when there is not a lot of costumer just make jure resto surent is clean and food area is clean . Pretty much all for this job people were nice and en
Was great while I was there but want something new in my life!! Pay could have been a little more but was not bad. Looking forward to engaging with new people at my new job!!!
What more can be said, it's minimum pay and that's it. Arrive at the restaurant, cook, clean everything, go back home. They knew I was a student so they made schedule accordingly.
difficult to maintain the work and life with so many multitasking activities required. however don't get to learn something new that helps to build your career or character.
I was working in thai express as part time job. 5 hours a day in a week. It was a Enjoyable work environment. I have food preparation, prepared soup, deal with complicated Customer and learned in Cashier Machine.
didn't like my experience here. Hours were taken away (told to go home when business slowed down). Didn't like the restaurant supervisor, who had her favorites. Also did not care for constant video monitoring of employees. Pay was fair and included tips.
If you are a person who enjoy cooking and you have no problems with putting the work in for a small pay rate, thats your job, you have a lot o tasks to perform daily and lots of responsibilities, plus its a very fast peace job.
My 2 employers both dads are very considerate. You will see how they treat nicely the employees. Giving incentives even before 3 months if you’re hardworking. Open listening to your concerns and suggestions and work as a team. During my pregnancy working them was a good teamwork too together with the manager. I never miss or stress out during pregnancy follow ups coz they completely understand coz they’re parents as well.
Good place to work. depends on the manager, productive, fairly paid, fast paced, less growth opportunity, good for side hustle, I recommend working there to anyone!
I worked full time in Bourbon street grill before, when I knew Thai Express was hiring, I just walked over and asked for the job! I got it right away and worked part time until November last year! I left because I need to go back to Malaysia without returning date, so I quit
Owner failed to pay many employees and did not send any t4s at the end of the year . Owner fled Canada with many charges and sold company to the previous owner .
Cons
worked almost every shift alone
Don't get me wrong, Thai express is a very good business that does very well in terms of sales but the one I worked at was severely understaffed and the working conditions weren't all that great. there were two chefs and three cashiers that worked there. there were only three people working during lunch rush but after that, one leaves and there are two left for the rest of the day. the pros of the job were the free food, and perhaps the occasional times when there are little to no customers and (for my case) long hours as I had to work the whole day (10 hour shift). in the course of my time as a cashier at this establishment, I learnt how to clean, manage transactions, purchase ingredients for the menu, and even cook! the cons are that the boss didn't hire people to clean the fans and sanitize the kitchens filled with hardened grease and oil every month or so and so the cashiers and line cooks do it. another thing to keep in mind is that the particular establishment was poorly managed and the boss was hardly around, the equipment was all second hand and most didn't even work. No cap, it was really low budget>
You normally start your shift by preping food and making sure that there are enough food to cook for the rest of the day, once you've done that you normally either prep more food or go to the front and be a chef assistant by passing food that need to be cooked to the chef. other tims you will be doing cashier work and when closing you either do dises or clean the store. It's a enviroment that requires teamwork.
busy and i learned how to managed my time and learned to deal with costumers and co-workers.managed the all around duties.most enjoyable part is we get along with co workers.
Pros
free food
Cons
entreprise sérieuse, les repas sont bons et accessibles !
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
L'odeur de friture
I learned a lot from this work experience such as how to deal with the conflicts and do multitasking. My supervisor is quite self-disciplined so I regarded her as a model. I would always have a passion for my work and be responsible for what I would do.
Good place, good people, people are fun to work with. They are open-minded and hard working. There's teamwork, harmony and peace in the working place.
  1. Employee reviews