TGP Employee Reviews

not bad
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB14 August 2017
Pretty good organization, good work life balance, but lots of stress meeting sale objectives when economy turns down. rural area so lots of whys to let off steam though,
Pros
Close to work
Cons
Hard finding staff
Horrible employer
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2017
The company is slowly going under. No one who works there ever wants to be there, they deny you benifits by never giving you enough hours to maintain it, and any time a worker leaves, they just push you into the gap to fill it and then go "why would we pay someone else, your doing great!" I work three different jobs in order to just keep up the day to day things in my two departments.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Grocery warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  High Level, AB11 October 2012
My work day starts at 6am, Mon, Wed,& Fri. We unload grocery pallets, work freight to shelves, this includes dairy, dry goods and frozen. We also answer to customer service calls, helping customers out with their purchases, carrying out jugs of water, gathering carts, clean ups, helping box orders for customers at the till or for customers faxed orders going out to nearby communities. I've learned how to order groceriesusing a telexon, or a PDA, how to drive a forklift, how to deal with a fast paced environment. I generally get along with coworkers, and they tend to look to me for directionsince I'm always able to keep myself busy. The hardest part of work is the constant employee turnover, always feeling like I'm being in teacher mode. I love love doing this type of work, I'm used to being on my feet constantly and used to working 8 hrs straight with just 2 - 15 min breaks needed. I like being around people, but not having to talk unless they need help or asking if they need help finding a product, as well as getting used to seeing familiar faces. As for management, although I do like them, I believe they can be a little more vocal & communicative to their staff, and each other as well.
Pros
having an early day
Cons
constant turnover of staff