TG Appliance Group Inc.

TG Appliance Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Management had poor training so didn’t learn very well. As well was told that I would be getting a higher position in the future and even told that on dead times there was no work to be done but to listen for the phones. After 3 month probation and providing benefits they let me go as to “not being a good fit” and didn’t give any further explanation for it.
The company is good to work for, the staff are friendly and helpful, and there is a lot of opportunity to learn about different areas of the company to improve and advance in the company.
working here was as exciting as watching paint dry. Boring personalities, zero expression, very inconsiderate attitudes, stuck up, not friendly, unhelpful, judgmental, not diverse enough, no room for growth. I’d rather face a wall and have a conversation than speak with my team.
Very very rude.

Not only were we given no direction but all of the other departments were so slow paced that literally nothing could ever get done properly.

I think that the culture is totally off and the working environment is not enjoyable whatsoever
This job was the worst job I’ve ever held, with the culture being especially awful. It was very toxic, people were snooty, cold, with a very strange atmosphere in there that’s for sure.
The job itself was mindless and boring, so that’s probably why it didn’t work out for me well but kept the other co workers of mine busy .I prefer to be stimulated and have challenging work.

This place is so bad I dreaded coming in to work to be around these grumpy faces.

There is no room for growth and when you show interest to move on to a new department, they hire from the outside. Later on I found out it was because my job was hard to fill so they didn’t want to retrain someone.

The thing that stands out to me the most is the toxic work environment of unfriendly and strange people. Culture gets a -0 and everything else gets a 1.
I worked in a store where bullying and harassment were a daily norm. If you didn’t conform to the bully’s ways you would become a target. Human Resources and upper Management were aware and chose to do nothing about it. After 11 years of service they terminated me with no explanation I had had a clean work record with no discipline and stellar reviews. Because I wouldn’t sit back and watch others be picked on I was let go. Unless you have no morals and very thick skin, I would steer clear.
Good luck to you if you accept a position.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Terrible work stations. Fake horrible people for the most part
I would have to say that TG Appliance culture when it comes to diversity is very limited. It is run by predominantly white management; who do not appreciate the diverse employees they have. You can feel and see how they interact with people of different backgrounds, they are second class and that type of behaviour is unacceptable. I wouldn’t recommend working there only because of the cultural within the company. The job itself isn’t hard, very repetitive to be doing that kind of position for years. The pay is ridiculously low especially for the amount of work you are doing. I think upper management need to take cultural sensitivity classes, to be able to interact with their coworkers. If they are not interested they should not hire people of different backgrounds.
Pros
Lunches, good workers
Cons
Pay, culture, no fair treatment
I really enjoyed working at TG and learned how to operate a forklift/clamp. I also made some good friends working there. It was a relatively fun place to work as no two days were exactly the same so you never knew what to expect.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
salary raises are non existent
TASCO was a place i love to work, it was a little laid back but at least the job was done. Me i would of never of left cause they were treating me good there. i have no complaint with TG Appliance Group.

i would reapply there anyday!
I was hired for a position to assist with month-end tasks and NOT for making collection calls. Let's face it I have 7 years of experience in this field why would I accept a position where 90% of my time is spent contacting clients to collect outstanding payments or accept a job that will make me feel like an “office administrator” where I schedule service calls for HVAC issues. Really?? The company did their due diligence in contacting my references and even asked to see my Certified General Accountant marks yet this is by far my most degrading position given the nature and most importantly their unprofessionalism in lying to me during both interviews and when I resigned saying "it was only temporarily" If anyone ever applies for a position with this company please be cautious on the magnitude of the situation you will face once accepting a position in the Finance department. This has been the worst 2 months coming into work and having to deal with a job that is a complete demotion to my career and level of experience. In addition, I was told to provide any feedback as an outsider to any process improvements. I did just that and was told that “this is the way we operate”. How degrading of a comment for a new employee is that? Who will want to put their best efforts in getting the job done if it will go unnoticed.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Small desks, poor air circulation in building
My employment at TG Appliance (Tasco) has immensely helped me develop my personal and professional skills and I’m excited about using these skills in my next career opportunity.