Texcan Employee Reviews

A well structured organization.
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2018
They encouraged learning and upward movement for any employee that wishes it. Shortly after I was hired my group was given the opportunity to learn new skills (forklift driving, database operation) and new jobs were advertised internally.
4 December 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. At Texcan, we strive to ensure that our employees have growth and development opportunities. We also strongly believe in promoting from within – the results of this approach can be seen in the career paths of some of our long tenured employees.

Please read before you proceed
worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2018
Typical day is no communication. Everything is a secret. Management will talk to you only if they feel you are privy to the information or want to tell you what to do. They never have time to discuss real issues and feel as though everyone gets treated the same. Sexism does exist here.

If you start here you will be in the same position forever. No room for advancement at all. They call themselves a team but there is definitely division between all positions. Its a everyman for themselves kind of place.

I liked my job but the management made me hate it. It's time for a change TEXCAN and your upper management needs t step in. They wonder why people are dropping like flies......internal review
19 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As part of our commitment to improvement, we have shared your thoughts with management.

Management Will Destroy You
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2018
The management here will ruin your self worth. Never worked in such a degrading, biased, belittling work environment.
Decent pay - but not worth the bs from management.
18 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate hearing from you as we are focused on finding opportunities to better engage with our employees. Your comments have been shared with management as part of our commitment to improvement.

Manager needs to relax
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2018
Good company other than management. They what you to be a telemarketer for them. Pointless paperwork. If you know your job, you shouldn't have domeone questioning you every 20 minutes. Let people breathe..
Pros
Salary/Commission
Cons
The stress they put on you.
13 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are committed to improving. As such, we have shared your comments with others.

What a great place to challenge yourself
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Texcan brampton24 May 2018
Commission is great people are fantastic and the support staff are fantastic to deal with. The staff is professional and well informed! Lots of upside!! If you want to work for it unfortunately the contract position ran its course.
Pros
Great environment and earning potential
Cons
Takes about 2 years to start making 6 figures in sales if you put the effort in.
13 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us.

Good Company to Work For
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2017
The Company was fairly typical work experience good shifts opportunity for advancement and good work life balance Many workers leave after a few months is the only downside
14 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you are enjoying your work with us. As part of our commitment to improvement, we have shared your comments with others.

Texcan
Choice, Customer Service Representative/Admin (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2017
The position I have is very enjoyable. Although I do feel like this companies moral needs some work. Various employees have left as the environment and opportunity to advance is not good.
Team Environment
Cable Cutter / Shipper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
Typical day at Texcan would consist of hundreds of customer orders and meeting deadlines everyday. Dusty environment, but a good team to work with which makes work extremely easy and enjoyable.

Management is always on top of things, as well safety is the biggest consideration at Texcan. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to learn about the different types of cables/wires and cable connectors electricians use for building.
Pros
Free Lunches/Dinners, company events, christmas dinners, 50/50 draws
Cons
Dusty, noisy, long hours sometimes required
No loyalty and no job security
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 December 2016
Alot of micromanaging and no support they dont appreciate anyone who works for them and have lost alot of good people from being shady and underhanded
Poorly ran
Shipper/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
Texcan expected you to care about work and only work. There was little room for advancement. after supervisor there is no where that I could go. Safety was present, but never changed any thing for the better. Sometimes you would miss your breaks. overall i do not recommend working for this company.
Worked as a temp winding wire
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 September 2016
I worked there for a bit the workers are cool and chill. The Warehouse Manager is weirdo he is just as weird vibe and the place just used me for a few weeks and laid me off. I don't recommend this place. The sales people are bunch of idiots.
Pros
Cons
The place is courpted more than the U.S
Fun working as shipper
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2016
Texcan its been so great to me from management team to everyone in the floor and specially shipping office I love it ,,,just be layoff
External Sales Representative
External Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  montreal. Qc1 February 2016
Planning and forecasting sales budgets for the territories of the Province of Quebec
Search for new customers
Customers visits, with and without suppliers
Recommendations for product lines acquisitions based on customer needs
Customer service
Meet sales targets
was a good places to work
CABLE ROLLER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 September 2015
great personal , managers and co-workers. too bad I got LAYED OFF IN MAY. loved the job and people there. friendly staff. learned how to put cable on reels.
good management, free lunch at end of month, good workers from all over the world
wire cutter/ forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton alberta6 July 2015
I really enjoyed working for Texcan and would recommend this work place to anyone. I got to work with people from all different cultures and learned lots of things about their countries and life styles. At the end of every month we was given a free lunch for our hard work. They was very thought full about employees family's by giving them free tickets once a year to a CFL game and also a 100$ gift card for Christmas to a local grocery store. They also take part in a corporate challenge events every summer.
Pros
free lunches, a monthly bonus, good management, excellent pay
Cons
turn over rate with employees( lots of people didn't stay long)
Good outings. Staff bbq's
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 June 2015
Good days driving forklifts. Learned many skills for shipper/receiver position. The management was great. Good co workers. Overall this was a great place to make friends and enjoy work.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
N/a
Texcan Cable Company
Laborer/Warehouse Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2015
A Typical day at work here is dealing with Different types of cable and dealing with Customers. I Learned organization is everything. unfortunately this company lacks that majorly so most of the time easy jobs turn difficult. it didn't hold me back just made me pay more attention and ultimately that made me smarter. the job really wasn't hard to me. other than dealing with thick types of cable some types of cable were as thick as a human head. the most enjoyable part about that job was being a receptionist.
Pros
free lunch once a month + bonuses
Cons
not that buzy
exellent place to grow up and good money
picker (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta canada26 June 2014
its one of the best workplace ever its a good salary good benefits
Cons
its in the west end so if u leave in the south east really expensive for gas or transport
place was very hecktic
Warehouse supervisor/cable cutter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2014
Cutting cable all day and it was alright salary wasnt the best and the co-workers werent thevbest but made the most of it.
Pros
forklift ticket
Cons
management was not good operations manager didnt know what was going on
I enjoyed working at Texcan Cables in assisting the sales representatives find new sales leads
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 November 2013
I had a really great experience working at Texcan Cables and was sorry to see it end when it did. I was the sales lead generator for Texcan as well as other companies that worked closely with Texcan.
I had a lot of variety in the type of work I did as an Inside Sales Consultant
Pros
Better one hour lunch break
Cons
None that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texcan. Our community is ready to answer.