Tesco Employee Reviews

good workplace to develop skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2016
good co-worker relationships, good pay, good immediate supervisors. Supervisors are very approachable with any questions and concerns.....team work is nurtured.
Pros
mentorship by leads
A great place to work and a true meritocracy.
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 February 2016
A great place to work and a true meritocracy. Due to the size of the company there are real opportunities to work with a diverse group of business functions. Co-workers are always able to help and there is a good hard working spirit.
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 February 2016
Good and fun work , nice team and a great management.
I learned a lot of things such time management, supporting my self,
work with my team, respect the others, solving the problems, also i learned how i deal with the customer and how to satisfied them with great work.
and how we fallow the law and the instruction. and how to do a good work.
Great employer for my 13 year career
TOP DRIVE FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Global, Asia Pacific, Europe, Russia1 February 2016
Having joint custody of my two children ages 13 and 11 has made me realize the importance of supporting local economy and being close to the things we love them most, health and family.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons
Away from family to travel for work locations
Good work environment
Journeyman Electrician - industrial/manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2016
great company to work for, good co-workers, very helpful and friendly, good work environment. Proud to be a part of the collective
Excellent place to work at
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2016
Loved working at Tesco- Unfortunately down-sizing due to the economy resulted in layoffs. Management always treated me well and gave me the freedom to accomplish my tasks relatively unsupervised which fit well with my prior experience of owning my own business
Pros
good pay, ability to work unsupervised
Cons
oil industry driven business
Great job as Night worker
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Tralee, KY7 January 2016
- Always when I started work manager gived me instructions what must be done tonight,
- I learn how to work as teamwork and work fast but always stay focuse to.
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  scotland14 December 2015
I am lucky to be a part of the TESCO which is the biggest retail chain of EUROPE for few years as i was a student at U.K and during that period of time i was working at TESCO.

It was the first job of my life so that i can never forget it and i must admit that all managers of TESCO were very supportive and with helping nature.

once again I would love to meet you guys.

Miss u a lot.
Great culture of people first, training, and quality.
Materials Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2015
Great place to work. Training provided to entire staff. Excellent culture driven from top to bottom of organization. Focus of Lean and building quality reputation.
Excellent and safe work place.With team atmosphere.Forklift operation,shipping ,receiving
Shipper / Receiver/Lift Truck Operator/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2015
Early AM(4:30-5:30) daily forklift and warehouse equipment maintenance and safety checks.Unlock yard gates.Inspect incoming
deliveries and freight for correct amount and damages from previous afternoon shift .Put away in inventory with gun.Unload incoming trucks and couriers,load products.Put away ln inventory or deliver to manufacturing.At shift barring overtime clean warehouse and plug in all electric lifts .Nice to work there,with little supervision .Management was very supportive and appreciating of my work and diligence .Safety was first concern which made a comfortable place to be employed .Priority shipments coming in or shipped out were about the only red tape due to constant badgering from salesmen or manufacturing.
Overall the management ,supervisors and coworkers were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Lots of overtime, Trusting management with little supervision, Acknowledge accomplishments with awards and lunches, etc.
Cons
Sometimes to much demands repeatedly from different people.Other than that not much for cons.
Profitable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London EN24 September 2015
I was very busy and engaged, I worked in various different departments on several projects. I had the opportunity to lead and be creative, and take initiative on projects that taught others sales and marketing skills.
Fun place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 September 2015
A Typical day at work is laid back. You come in do what you have to do and see if there is any other thing to do. When work was slow we were allowed to go home early and when it was busy we all put in the time.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
not always busy
Great place and great people
Mechanical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2015
I loved working with this company in Calgary. They got everyone involved, was treated with kindness and respect. I was actually enjoyable to be there and looked forward to it everyday.
Pros
People, training, atmosphere
Cons
Average pay
at the start amazing however over the years declined
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2015
Long hours, not people focused. Team members unhappy. not recognizing team members that should be. no work life balance unless you did a general assistant job
Pros
working in the city
Cons
not a great enviroment
Enjoyed the atmosphere
Underbalanced Drilling Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2015
Worked rotational out of the city in remote locations, while in the shop picked up welding and schematic reading along with general fabrication.
Pros
Freedom to learn on your own
Intelectually challenging
Senior Administration-Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 June 2015
This was my first administrative position and I was very happy to be given the opportunity to learn and be in charge of my own hours and organization of my office and work flow. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Independant work
Cons
Not enough pay
Stocking Shelves, Customer Service
Customer service and stocking shelves (Former Employee) –  ballina, mayo, Ireland1 June 2015
A typical day involved working in the stock rooms, stocking shelves, and helping customers with their queries.
I enjoyed seeing how a large establishment works.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D27 April 2015
Customer orientated; put customer first, strive to maintain satisfaction and serve them with pride. Ability to answer questions in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
Process incoming calls in a professional manner and relay messages.
Follows all company policies and processes, adhere to Health and Safety routines.
Supportes management and colleagues by helping in other departments, when needed.
Changes in Management
QHSES Coordinator Tubular Services/Top Drive (Former Employee) –  GP, Red Deer, Edmonton, Hinton, Fort Nelson27 March 2015
I left this company due management changes occurring to frequently.
I have several different bosses in a short period of time.
Tesco
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2015
Went into work made sure all the pick tickets were printed off, receiving, shipping was set up for the day.. Did the safety meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K