Tesco Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Order Picker, Auditing Orders (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Always busy days at work. wonderful place to work until the oil industries tanked. lay offs were immediate and complete. Management was fine and pleasant .
Muy buena
Jefa de Cajeras. Mi (Former Employee) –  Surrey15 March 2018
Excelente trato y posibilidad de promoción dentro de la empresa.
fun place and gained a lot of experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton6 February 2018
friendly environment with amazing management employees beneficiary and on continuous training for better performance and safe environment with more employee benefits
Big Brand with big benefits
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glasgow1 February 2018
I started as a cashier but got promoted as the supervisor. The best part was the management who recognize you for even a small thing you do. Appreciate you and reward you.
A Company in Retail Business
Customer Serv (Former Employee) –  Greater London28 January 2018
A Company involved in retail business and spread all over United Kingdom. Is an excellent work place giving a good work and life balance and a good platform to Practice Customer service.
Was great company
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon,Surrey15 December 2017
Was great opportunity for staff and helpful management.
But the government policy was not fair with the company and the immigrants otherwise it was fair pay.
good place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2017
a typical day at work would be sitting behind a till and waiting for customers to check out and also walking around trying to see if you can help any customers with their choices.
Multicultural
Customer Service Officer - Sales/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Broadway, NS25 July 2017
In Tesco, you get to work with people from more than 200 countries in the world.
Support charities and support people in need.
I loved the part when we get to make our customers happy by smiling at them.
Productive and Fun
operator (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2017
Come to work. Swap before start work. Take machine with pallets of products. Give products to right cage. Management was very good. People are very friendly
good work environment
Receiving Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2017
Tesco Corporation seeks to improve the efficiencies of the drilling process by providing a range of rig mechanization products, tubular services, aftermarket services and innovative technologies to the upstream energy industry. Tesco has locations around the world and a history of experience in every major petroleum-producing region.
working on till, serving customer, checking stock
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  york tesco3 March 2017
its a superb grocery retailer company, fabilious enviroment, team working, right person in right place, overall its a very best company in all aspects
Cons
8 hours shift
ok place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 January 2017
bad managment they need to get things together and learn how to run things and they need to understand that people need days off
Slack management, slack staff
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Penzance UK31 October 2016
lazy, useless managers who will do above and beyond so they dont have to lift a finger

day revolved of coming in at night, filling the shelves of alcohol, sorting out weekly promotions
Maintenance technician
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Senica15 September 2016
My responsibilities :
Repairing mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards, performing maintenance of electrical systems (controlling, testing, commissioning, repairing technical equipment). Assisting in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conducting repairs when necessary, maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality, inspecting alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed, performing manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.), and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.).
Supportive staff
Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
Very safety conscious environment. Start the day with a tour, tool box talks and any reports due. I was the only full time safety person for a staff of over 150 front to back. There was a lot of paperwork and that is where I had the chance to coach other staff to accept responsibility. When you are visible and listen to people you gain respect.
Pros
Put to work my experience.
Cons
Micro Manager.
descent place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2016
good place to work...too bad oil and gas went under, but I felt comfortable there...I would go back I liked working there
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2016
I was very excited to see your vacancy for a Customer Service Representative. which I came to know through email from your company. I am a well qualified for this position. who would be an excellent choice for this slot.

I have an ability to grow with a job, handle responsibility and build positive relationships with work colleagues at all levels. My all past employers were very satisfied with my work rate, and I am confident that I can bring the same level of high performance to your company.

Beyond that which is already mentioned in my attached resume, I am someone who knows how to set goals and achieve them, and have a proven track record of being able to conceive, develop & execute strategies. I very much hope that you will look favourably upon my application by recognizing my enthusiasm, talents in the field of customer service representative and my future potential. I would like to further discuss the scope of this position, with your office in person, and would welcome the chance of a meeting. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.
Great Opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 May 2016
Great opportunity for anyone willing to put in a solid effort. Loads of global advancement and local advancement. Competitive wages and knowledgeable management to help with career advancements.
Pros
advancement
Cons
market downturns :(
Convenient work whilst completing my studies
Duty Manager (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NS23 May 2016
Flexible work to accommodated my busy study schedule. Great working environment. Everyone works together in a team to get the job done.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Shift work
work place with a challenging environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London9 May 2016
I start the day with all previous day check up (sales/shrink/cash loss) and make sure store operation is 100 % with availability for customers to staff availability ... have a quick team briefing on where we are and what need to be done to achieve our targets, and make sure the team has the training and equipment to do there job.. learnt the art of management and respect co workers ... i take the one team approach and treat everyone fair and equal and enjoy everything in my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K