Tervita Employee Reviews

whats up with tervita
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC3 March 2018
company used to care. but now they dont, they dont care for your safety and they will straight up tell you how bad of a person you are. they dont treat anyone equally, they punish you for refusing unsafe work. they wont give you a raise in 5 years. they like too assume youre perfect while they are not, and if you mess up being perfect you will pay for it. hurt your back? to bad go do heavy lifting. bad knee? too bad.
Pros
used to be able to study
Cons
horrible bosses that are getting worse
Manitoba operations a bunch of hill billys
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Manitoba10 February 2018
Such a great company out west but a complete disaster in Manitoba. Hope that head office finds out what management there are getting away with...KARMA
Pros
Decent pay and benifits
Cons
Managament
hated it
Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB7 January 2018
terrible management in the stony plain repair shop, supervisor has no people skills and uses and abuses his employees for his benefit. Forcing long and exhausted hours upon employees, would not recommend working there
Pros
benefits are outstanding
Cons
management and treatment
Good working enivronment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alberta27 December 2017
Is a good working environment, with lots of great talented people. Is a place where you can continue to learn and grow your skills. Company has seen lots of changes.
fast pace, productive place to work
Administrator/Hazardous Waste Receiver (Current Employee) –  Beaverlodge, AB12 December 2017
dispatching and paperwork receiving from drivers. Need to be organized and able to handle a full work load. I enjoy all the employees I work with.
We have social committee parties
Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2017
Working at Tervita I have learned a lot about Safety within the work place and on different sites, I had help out with the 2013 flood in Calgary which was a lot of long hours but rewarding helping Calgary and High river residences get back in there homes.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Some people dont get enough training
Environmental Remediation
Skilled Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 September 2017
Clear residential ponds of silt and sand, to bring pond back to original grade. Prepare ponds for excavation by pumping out water. Prepare dump trucks for loading of slit. Clean up debris around pond.
Enjoyable company to work for
Regional Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 September 2017
My job required me to complete all safety requirements for our clients. My position was the regional safety advisor which made my self the only safety for Tervita for 13 sites.
Strategic and Project Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
Good package of benefits. A lot of people were laid-off but a few months later they hire new people. Different culture from where I was there. New organization.
Downsizing
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary and various areas27 July 2017
Down sized due to economics and restructuring with in the company. My team that I worked with worked well together each brought different strengths to the group.
Pros
Good people to work with
Great Paying job, Employee culture is lacking
Operator (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SK26 June 2017
I will preface this by saying I was only there a month before I was unceremoniously let go. The cooperation as a whole is a great place to work, pay is some of the best in the industry and the benefits are unbeatable. The management isn't in tough with the operators and the day- to -day goings on in the plant as they should be. Employees are often feeling threatened by job loss for the smallest reasons and they tent to undercut and talk about each other behind backs more than other places I've worked. All this being said I recommend the company and would go back to work for them if given the chance.
not a bad place to work
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB2 May 2017
good work atmosphere i liked all of working with all of my fellow employees fast paced at times it was difficult to reach timelines it was fun interacting with the boys at break time
Pros
good co workers
Cons
not much room for advancement
big company
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
big company, not too well managed from the office side, field worker to office communication not there across different offices, too much overhead. hehe
great employees
TRANSPORTATION / OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 March 2017
employees were great but upper management lack experience in business and people skills, they keep doing cut backs until they were unable to sustain their current clientell
Pros
good workers
Cons
upper management
Advantageous, fun loving environment.
Billing and EDI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2017
Excellent work environment.
A place i cant wait to go to every morning.
Good management, working hard to keep all staff united and committed
The hardest part of the job is when we have to meet clients' need
The most enjoyable part of the job is having lunch, pot luck, playing games and volunteering outside the company.
Pros
lots of training and lunch
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2017
It's a good environment with management that communicates with its subordinates. The environment could be more social but we are there to work so that is not a big deal.
After 6 months of new owners, started downhill slide.
Supervisor, Truck Driver, Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 January 2017
Was great company until it went corporate.
New management interfering, not really knowing the business.
Not a friendly place to work in any more though co-workers still great.
Hardest part was watching your back when management (new supervisor and up) were around.
Best part was working with team mates.
Pros
pay good. earned before going corporate.
Cons
management and very long summer hours. no family time.
Facility technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 January 2017
Great hours and growth opportunities.
Drum and Bulk waste management.
Operating a fork lift.
Work with PPE.
Mostly outside.
Must be able to lift 50lb.
Benefits
I work with good people.
Landfill Operator, Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB29 December 2016
The people and the shift is what I have come to enjoy the most. The job it self is great, but with the recent down turn in oil/gas the company doesn't seem to be stable. The many cuts to benefits and hours has made moral low.
Interesting work, Great team
Shop Laborer in July (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
Working for Tervita as a shop labourer allowed me to work with different trades, and complete different tasks on a daily basis. Job shadowing Heavy-Duty Mechanics being a welder helper, as well as operating equipment in the yard kept the job interesting. Not having the choice to work overtime was unfortunate because of the salary, but all in all a good working environment.
Pros
Great team, new challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tervita. Our community is ready to answer.