Terrapure Environmental

Terrapure Environmental Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Don't work at Lottridge St. in Hamilton
I worked at the Lottridge St. location in Hamilton. It was recently purchased by Terrapure. It is a horribly toxic place. My main issue is that I am a DZ driver and a Tech. I got a job doing both roles but I made less than if I was just a driver... which makes no sense at all. Don't bother trying to grow in the company because they will do whatever they can to pay you less. Also, prepare to be gaslighted a lot.
No comment
Very little room for advancement and management will never go up for bat for you. The wages are very poor for the amount of work that is expected from you. No rewards, and no loyalty your just a body.
Poor management
Incompetent management, old broken down equipment, low paying compared to other jobs in the trade. You can never find the tools that you need because theyre either lost of someome stole them. Only good part of working here was the co workers
company runs a nice tight ship,
Working at Terrapure has it's ups and downs, the management is very well know ledged they will help you if they can, if they cant they will find the answer. Terrapure has real good core of guys and girls that are always willing to assist in anyway if needed.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
needs more morel boosting within the organization
very shitie place to work
the worst place i worked at in the 50yrs in the work force.could run a drunk day in a beer bar . management treated there worker like dirt . they may have 2000 worker over the country but the same feeling is the same very toxic work place at every place i know this from working in many of them magement eather don,t know or don.t care about the workers that make the suit and tiers look good .they talk about saftey but dont,t folow throught in the work place run with old and woren out eque. .it,s not a good place to work at .under payed over worked .that is the reason the turn over at the Debert is so high
Préposé balance
Logistique de camions, vérification de papiers de douanes
Bad environment
Horrible workplace. work place harassment and intimidation of employees. I did not like the way employees were treated and harassed. Maybe other branches are good but that branch specifically was toxic. fired people anyhow. high turnover of employees
Poor Management
Terrapure is probably the most mismanaged industrial service company I have ever worked for. After almost 5 years with Terrapure I can honestly say they have no clue how to compete in this fast paced industry. Contractors don’t get paid, workers are under paid and given broken and worn out equipment. While supervisors drive around getting their groceries in 4x4 trucks, field workers have no vehicles to get to job sites.
Great Potential fro Growth
Committed to Safety.

Strong Corporate support.

Real Experts in the industry.

Committed to meeting the needs of their customers in a challenging economic environment.
fun
Provided a pleasant work environment, variety of patients and always willing to assist when needed. Always answered questions readily with no delay or being made to feel the questions were not warranted
manque de respect a tous les niveaux
entreprise non-structurer, pas de ligne directrice, les employés et cadres ne sont pas respecter, la sécurité est très très faible, aucun plan d'urgence
Pros
aucun
Cons
pas d’écoute et aucun respect pour les gens direction hypocrite
Best job i have had. Love it
Amazing and well established company dynamic industrial services bought out by terrapure. Shop moving too fort erie. Best job iv had. Good pay, great hours all year long, a tad bit slow in winter for new guys with low seniority but thats expected. Growth oppurtunities. Management are all very good people and all co workers are great people willing too teach in a kind, patient and respectful manner.
Terrapure
Worked for them on and off for 4 years pay is better then most companies but it’s the environmental business and can be unpredictable. Nobody pushes you to do your job as long as it gets done safely.
Excellent salary, debatable management
During the hiring interview I told them (months in advance) that a specific day I wouldn't be able to work. Once hired, I put it in the system they use. I reminded my boss weeks in advance. Was still scheduled, and denied leave.

Will likely judge you more on "do I like you" rather than work speed/safety/ethics.

The only good thing is the salary, but that's really the minimum considering the wonky schedules available and the respiratory full face mask you have to wear at all times on the site.
Productive and fun place to work. Great staff.
Typical day at work was good, low stress, great coworkers. Immediate supervisor was great to work for. The overall experience was starting to become too corporate though.
I loved my Terrapure family
I was very fortunate to work with such a great team in Lloydminster Alberta. The company I originally started working for was acquired by Terrapure and we transitioned into our new roles with more than adequate support from Terrapure. Managers were all very approachable in any situation, and it truly was an enjoyable working environment.
Chipper
There was heavy lifting, jack hammering, and general cleaning. Working at heights, confined spaces and man watch duties. Long hours but good pay and overtime on the weekends.
Pros
Money
Cons
Dangerous
Yark dégeulasse
Extrêmement toxique. Équipement de protection individuel complètement inadéquat pour ce travail. Mentalité très retardé. Si tu veux apporter des solutions aux nombreux problèmes de l'entreprise; et bien ton opinion sert absolument à rien et ils ne t'écouteront pas. Il ne faut pas avoir aucun respect pour ce genre d'entreprise qui ne fait que polluer notre environnement à très grande échelle.
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Toxique et pas seulement pour les employés
Good
Good company to work for . Good work life balance and good management. Good benefits and vacations. Management is very helpful. Great facilities and peers.
I would stay away
I interviewed with Terrapure and was told I would hear back from my two interviewers within a week, but they never got back to me and ignored my emails.
Employers who can't be bothered to get back to those who take the time to meet with them are obviously not very good at what they do and not someone I would want to work for.
Too hot to work in the summer time
This place requires you to work in a warehouse type facility all year round in all seasons and temperatures. Easy work on nights if you can adjust to the schedule. Decent pay but not enough if you wanna raise a family and have a comfortable lifestyle especially since you're working with chemicals . You never know what you might find.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terrapure Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5