Terra Greenhouses Ltd Employee Review

View all Terra Greenhouses Ltd reviews

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON25 January 2017
Selling plants mostly. I learned to communicate effectively with customers. Managers are friendly and helpful. The workplace culture is lighthearted and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the overtime is 2 or more hours. Best part of the job are the people there.
Pros
Great people
Cons

Other Terra Greenhouses Ltd Employee Reviews

Very Shady Employer
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 July 2019
My Son was part of the group of "summer hires" let go at the end of May/early June. If this is a yearly tactic to cover off the May season, then shame of you! As indicated in other reviews, one must make an initial purchase of a Company shirt and, in our case, a pair of safety work boots, prior to first shift.
Seasonal Worker - Terrible Place to Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON19 June 2019
So far my employment in terra has been very disappointing. When I was hired as a seasonal cashier, I was promised full time hours until the end of summer, and unfortunately that has not been the case. By the end of May, mine and almost everyone’s shifts in my department were cut down to 10-20 hours a week. In many other departments, the seasonal workers who were promised full time summer hours, were being laid off entirely. I later found out that terra does this every year in order to hire enough student for the month of May.
I also found this unfair because Terra requires you to purchase a $35 uniform shirt, and expensive (on average $100) steel toe shoes.
Management is also unorganized there. As a cashier I have had to stay 2 hours past close on multiple occasions due to the disorganization of my mangers and the stores polices. Also, I have come to realize that corporate has little consideration towards there employees. Many problems throughout the store that employees have complained about for many years have yet to be fixed. Management is aware of these problems, but would rather try and make the store “look good” than to take employees into consideration.
Overall, Terra has been one of the worst jobs I have had so far, and I will not be working there again next summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terra Greenhouses Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7