Terra Greenhouses Ltd Employee Review

View all Terra Greenhouses Ltd reviews

Seasonal Worker - Terrible Place to Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON19 June 2019
So far my employment in terra has been very disappointing. When I was hired as a seasonal cashier, I was promised full time hours until the end of summer, and unfortunately that has not been the case. By the end of May, mine and almost everyone’s shifts in my department were cut down to 10-20 hours a week. In many other departments, the seasonal workers who were promised full time summer hours, were being laid off entirely. I later found out that terra does this every year in order to hire enough student for the month of May.
I also found this unfair because Terra requires you to purchase a $35 uniform shirt, and expensive (on average $100) steel toe shoes.
Management is also unorganized there. As a cashier I have had to stay 2 hours past close on multiple occasions due to the disorganization of my mangers and the stores polices. Also, I have come to realize that corporate has little consideration towards there employees. Many problems throughout the store that employees have complained about for many years have yet to be fixed. Management is aware of these problems, but would rather try and make the store “look good” than to take employees into consideration.
Overall, Terra has been one of the worst jobs I have had so far, and I will not be working there again next summer.

Other Terra Greenhouses Ltd Employee Reviews

Do yourself a favour and look eleswhere for a job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON14 July 2019
A terrible place to work! The store manager has absolutely no consideration for her employees. They will hire you for one job and expect you to do another. They will tell you what hours you will be working and then change them without any notice. The store manager has no people skills whatsoever and should really consider working somewhere where she doesnt have to deal with people
Very Shady Employer
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 July 2019
My Son was part of the group of "summer hires" let go at the end of May/early June. If this is a yearly tactic to cover off the May season, then shame of you! As indicated in other reviews, one must make an initial purchase of a Company shirt and, in our case, a pair of safety work boots, prior to first shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terra Greenhouses Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6