Teppermans

Teppermans Employee Reviews

Exceptional family environment

A great example of a family owned and operated, succesful business. The management truly cares about the people and they really do give you the tools to succeed as long as you use them!

Its a good balance of physical work. Afternoon shifts include opening up customer product and inspecting for imperfections, staging items for drivers, picking product etc. Days are unloading inbound freight and putting it away. Good people and decent salary and benefits.

Horrible Organization

This place has no set training in place and its so fast paced you're all over learning things on the fly. Then they throw you on the phones an hope for the best!

Sucks big time working there.

Management made me leave ,,,they bullied me to the point of never wanting to see that place again,HR is not there for you at all even when you have proof

Keeps going down

Watch your back from front office to co-workers. Everyone gossips and it starts right in the front office. Late shifts that your promised will change but never do. Management passes the buck and doesn’t want to help the customer when they have and issue. Be warned

Not a good environment

Very stressful. Management is very unfair, a lot of nepotism. They treat you like family at first until you report any concerns. They only look at your mistakes not the good. Do not waste your time with this place.

Pros

Cons

Toxic environment

Okay for part time while in school

It was a good job in the beginning for someone who was in school but then it turned into a really dreadful job going nowhere with only being paid minimum wage.

Toxic management takes advantage of good people

The people at the bottom are what make you want to keep working there, but the treatment from the people at the top forces you to leave for your own sanity I witnessed a high amount of turnover in mid-level management and below during my time there, I t’s the biggest indicator that the problem originates from the top and doesn’t get fixed.

Pros

Discount on furniture and appliances

Cons

Almost everything else.

Not a fun place to work

No base set amount to be made. If you don't make minimum wage they top you up and when you make over minimum wage they scale it back. Hard to get time off

Pros

fund raisers

Cons

long hours with out communication with others

Great place to work, excellent management

It's a great environment to learn and to grow as an individual. The management is incredible and is very flexible. Incredible and helpful co-workers. Great environment to be a part of.

Pros

Great environment, great experience, great management

Fun place to work at

Great atmosphere in the Warehouse along with the people, good music, fun times and amazing training. Team work is key and it makes for one of the best places I have ever worked

fun place

every day you get to meet new people, see the regular customers and you can have fun with the customers. some times you get to know them on a personal level. there have been a few times when youre able to make a customer very happy with news for them about insurance.

productive and fun work environment

you're always interacting with all the sales staff and working together. you are always recognized for all the hard work you do. and you also get awarded for your exceptional achievements

Pros

You are recognized for your work

Cons

Lots of work to be done, not very good employee morale.

I worked the Christmas season hoping to get to full-time after 3 months. It worked the 3:30 pm to 12 midnight shift opening furniture and other home furnishings to stage the loads for truck drivers. The lead hand seemed more in charge than the supervisors and lead to a lot of conflict dude to union standards.

Driver/Deliveries

My duties included unpacking ,checking, loading, delivering, moving, furniture appliances etc.I drove both 3 and 5 ton trucks.Moving heavy furniture and appliances throught tight hallways and stairs was a challenge but kept me physically fit.I enjoyed driving my co-workers and dealing with the public.

Driver-deliveries

I drove 3 and 5 ton trucks to do deliveries around Windsor and EessexCounty.I have great people skills with both co-workers and the public.

enjoyable work area

hard long hours lifting everything but the kitchen sink up weird angle and into spaces were you would think that it wouldn't fit but we would make it fit just right to get the item inside the clients home

Pros

as many breaks as you wanted

Cons

heavy objects, long hours

Decent job, poor company.

The company often forgets to treat their employees with respect, they have no room for advancement, and offer very poor salary. If you are not a sales person, you are treated like garbage and continually are stepped on. They care very very little about safety, or happiness, of their employees. The only upsides are some great coworkers, but also some bad ones, along with one part of the management team as she tries to help but is routinely undermined by another member of the management team as he is all about dollars.

Pros

hours are good, not a bad job itself

Cons

lack of safety, company disregards recommendations to save money.

Great Salary, Excellent benefits

Teppermans has proven to be beneficial to both my growth and development as a leader. It's a great place to work. You always keep busy and are challenged on a consistent basis.

The position was fun

I enjoyed spending time with customers, the team was great to work with. Working on commission was something that was new. However, the drive to make money was something I really enjoyed. Knowing it was on me and no one else was a thrill.

Pros

Customers

Steady work with good atmosphere

My job at Teppermans is to collect payments on accounts or prepare financing options for customers. I've learned a lot about how credit works (application, approval, referrals etc) and how to deal with a wide spectrum of customers.Management and co workers are great, always trying to work together and everyone has a solid relationship with each other.The hardest part of this job is handling people with poor credit, and having to break bad news.The most enjoyable part is that you see people buying new homes and filling them up, and the people I work with.

Pros

very flexible.

Cons

not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teppermans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement
  • Teppermans
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?