Tepperman's Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 April 2019
The management is too sales focused, even when you are exceeding the sales targets. The hours are very long, there is very little to no work life balance.
Pros
Discounts
What a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 April 2019
As most of the other reviews have said, this is a terrible place to work. Credit department is reminiscent of high school. Full of drama and cliques. Even the manager is involved; she actually instigates most of it.
They want you to sell credit protection in a super sneaky way so most customers don't even realize it's been added to their contract.
The company motto was "Drink the Kool Aid". Wait...what? You heard right! FYI there is cyanide in the Kool Aid. Don't drink it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Drama, cliques
Productive and family focused place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 December 2018
A supportive and engaging place to work. Staff are encouraged to follow ideas and develop. .A family culture. Team environment. Focused on community and encourage to go beyond the limits to engage staff. pleasant place to work
job
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 November 2018
it was a good place to work, staff is very friendly and helpful with any questions i asked. i have monthl reviews to see if i needed help with anythoing
Pros
it was job experience
Cons
kind of a difficult position
Worst management in the world...
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 November 2018
I'm a formal employee and I worked there for almost 3 months in the Windsor location. They treat you like dirt, they try to help you but it leads to fighting with them. They make you think that they are always right. When you have a boss like Pra***n he trys to prove to you he is better then you. STAY AWAY...
Pros
Good hours
finance finance finance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 June 2018
Managers do not care about the staff. They only care about financing sales. Sales team is expected to sell the financing but don't get paid for it. And like the other reviewer said, there are no customers at this store.
dying a slow death
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 June 2018
Staff and managers at the Kitchener location are very nice to work with. The problem is that this store is dead. There are no customers. Sales people are all leaving. Not worth the effort. Go to The Brick instead.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no customers = no commission
Free lunches
Financial Collector (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2018
This company is very well balanced. Is very flexible with individuals schedules. Are very open to new suggestions and input even if it may be negative feedback or opinions.
Pros
Free lunches
Nice place to work
Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 December 2017
I really enjoy my job at Teppermans. I love my Tepperman's work family. You get recognized for the work you do and the managers are very supportive...
Pros
Dicounts on product
Cons
Could have angry customer
Don't waste your time!
Another number (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 April 2017
This company is awful to work for. When you first get hired you're welcomed and then all of a sudden you're belittled by management, and other staff. How they treat people is not right, including customers.
The pay is ridiculous for how you get treated. There is managers for all the different departments and it's funny how when a problem arises with a difficult customer not one of them wants to deal with it, and it get passes on to people who are working for minimum wage. This place is a HUGE joke.
Pros
Discounts on some furniture... that turns out broken in a month!
Cons
Horrible managament, low pay
Bullies
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 March 2017
No wonder the position is always open every month cause it's a horrible company to work with. Not even worth the money and mangement picks their favourites and can care less about the others.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Management lack empathy
CA (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 February 2017
Do not work at this location for the management lack empathy for employees. They push the protection plan so they can get their monthly bonuses. They tell you to offer this to all customers as an option but when your customers declined it you are the one to blame and told your not doing your job right . They treat their employees like kindergarten children and when you are faced with an issue they will tell you what you want to here but in the end nothing is resolved. Poor pay for the amount of work and knowledge that you are required to do
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management pay
Big shock! The job ad is posted every single month!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 December 2016
I got into Teppermans after two interviews and was lead on to believe this is the best place to work at. Boy was I mistaken!
To inform anyone getting into this position, you only get a 5 minute "break" (they don't even call them breaks they call them "time outs". What a joke!) and a half an hour unpaid lunch. Don't expect anymore breaks during the day. So if you have any digestive problems guess that means you're pretty much screwed.

On top of that the managers are a joke. Look at other Indeed reviews and you will find the exact same thing. I was being bullied and when I took my manager aside she told me to: "Just get over it!". Also she accused me of not taking my job seriously because I "stopped wearing makeup". No you did not read that wrong. The manager stopped my training and pulled me aside to say she didn't think I was taking the job seriously because I stopped wearing makeup.

What a joke! Big shock to no one the Customer Service Representative job post keeps becoming advertised every month. It gives you an idea of the turn over rate in that position.

The coworkers are very cliquey and rude. I guess they're great if you fit in, but if you don't they treat you like trash. And if they start making your life at work miserable don't expect your manager to care.

My thoughts? If you're desperate for a job and in desperate need of money, don't even turn to them. It's a miserable place to work and their misery loves company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, only one break during shift, coworkers
Not what they represent themselves to be!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2016
The Tepperman family, is fantastic, but need to give their heads a shake when it comes to their managers.

Managers rude, aggressive and poorly trained. Do not know basic HR protocol. Managers who gossip and look for every opportunity to put employees down. Would not ever recommend to anyone that I care about!
Pros
Pay & benefits ok. Great customers.
Cons
Aggressive managers, poor training, horrible environement
Great Place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 June 2016
Teppermans is a great place to work, friendly coworkers, flexible hours, flexible training based on what the employee needs
Pros
great people, flexible hours
Cons
sometimes angry customers
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2016
I learned all about financing and credit. I loved working here. The people were absolutely amazing. We sell protection on all of our contracts and the customers who agree to have it and end up having a misfortune, come in to see what can be done, and it is a great feeling being able to tell someone who has not had the best of luck that we will be paying off there contract in full and it is not something they have to worry about. That is the best part of my job. The hardest thing was learning when to do certain things and what needed to be done. A typical day at work involves speaking with many different customers about making payments, financing and what to do if they have not paid their contracts off in the interest free period.
Pros
The monthly contests
Cons
Sometimes we have unhappy customers
Constant disrespect from depts, Supervisor has poor management skills, Verbally abusive coworkers
Collector (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 March 2016
Before working there I was under the impression Teppermans was an awesome company. Only after actually working there in the Collections Dept I realized how little that dept and those employees were cared about. Poor training as well. Teppermans has great products, Owners and the Credit Manager is awesome but the environment and attitude between depts is pretty terrible.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible with time off
Cons
Training is poor, Miscommunication between depts
Awesome place to work! Motivating environment with great values.
Office (Former Employee) –  Windsor30 April 2015
I absolutely loved working at Tepperman's. On their offer letter they promise that Tepperman’s will always be a place where you will be able to work energetically and it will always be a place where you will be challenged to keep learning how to get better at what you do. These are so true. The environment at Tepperman's is that they want you to improve and keep learning so that you can achieve your goals. The support and knowledge is incredible. I also can't believe that the President of the company knew me by name and would stop and talk to me about how I was doing whenever he got the chance. The Executive's effort to treat their employees and customers like family is very respectable and they are one of few companies who highly value this. When you work here you do truly feel like family and that what you do matters. You feel part of a team that is trying to reach a common goal. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Great Benefits, Pension Plan, Great Working Hours, Awesome Employee Discounts
Friendly place to work
Receptionist, Credit Assistant, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2014
Tepperman's is a great place to work - wonderful employees. Its a great atmosphere with good pay. The only downfall is management - there is often a lack of communication between them - and over the last couple years I have seen many come and go. If Teppermans fixes this issue, they will be golden!
Poisoned Work Environment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 March 2014
- Poorly managed store
- Negligence of workplace violence and harassment (Bill 168)
- No disciplinary action enforced
- Disregard to personal health issues, even with a doctor's note provided
- As stated above it is a poisoned work environment
- Very physically demanding as you are required to build, load and unload products without the help of a coworker

As a former dedicated employee this is a terrible store to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tepperman's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8