Tepperman's

Tepperman's Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Learnt alot while employed. Work/life balance was not met. Was required to work weekends while being full time. No raise once promoted to full time. Supportive staff.
7 January 2020
We can understand that a retail schedule is not a good fit for everyone's lifestyle. Being a family owned business, we offer competitive paid vacation and we regularly remain closed during public and statutory holidays so employees can spend time with their families but it can still be tough at times. We're really happy to hear that you found your team supportive and that your role offered you plenty of learning opportunities!
From the start I was told about the family culture with this place, it’s all a huge lie. One manger will tell you one thing in the first interview then the second manager you have an interview with is completely the opposite. The Ancaster store may look nice and everyone there may look happy. Don’t fall for the lies, it’s all a show, I have no idea how they have managed to stay in business this long by being this way. I wouldn’t work for them even if they gave away bars of gold as a welcome gift. Don’t waste your time, they will interview you and if they don’t like you or you don’t fit the qualifications you’ll get a rejection email from their workday system more than a week later. It’s hard to respect a business that doesn’t have the decency to call you and say you weren’t selected.
Cons
Rude management, unprofessional behaviours
If you enjoy having an unfair work load, being bullied by management/staff and having an employer that chooses when to follow disciplinary actions properly then this is the place for you. Very poor communication between management and employees which often leads to the employee being punished or belittled. Union representation is biased based on what shift you work. So if you are looking to have a stress filled horrible time, this is the place for you .
Pros
Pay and benefits after 90
Cons
Poor treatment
9 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you have had such a challenging experience here at Tepperman's. Our goal for all of our employees is to create a long-lasting employee experience where you have the opportunity to continually learn and succeed. We'd be happy to hear how you think we'd be able to improve, especially in the warehouse. Please feel free to reach out to hr@teppermans.com.
Chatham store is a great place to work at! I love the atmosphere here and get along great with other employees and management!
Compared to other places I've worked I was surprised how great my managers are and they are approachable with any problems I may have. Would recommend Tepperman's to other friends or family looking for work!
There are more than 10 people in my department and all of them work as a team, we all help each other and make sure we all handle the same relevant information. I have learned better to work as a team and rely in one another in order to complete all task required.
endless meetings
shady closed door management plotting

your sales can always be better, never good enough

watch out for the doctor with his online degree

horrible culture
24 February 2020
Thank you for your input. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. Our Employee experience is extremely important to us, with family as one of our core values, we're always striving to make Tepperman's a great place to work for both our management and employee teams. Our leaders are always committed to practicing an open door policy and welcome new ideas. If you have suggestions for us please touch base at hr@teppermans.com
Enjoyed working at Tepperman's. Wonderful work atmosphere. Opportunity for advancement and family based culture. Management is supportive and engaging. Work was stimulating and offered the opportunity to expand and develop skills.
24 February 2020
Thank you so much for your input! We're glad to hear that you feel challenged and supported to develop in your role!
just to be myself and have fun in the end its just more networking to get to the next job you will want to have or use in the future try and find a jib that fits you
7 January 2020
We're so glad to hear that your position is providing you with skills you'll use in your future career!
7 January 2020
We're so glad to hear that your position was providing you with skills for your future career aspirations!
I am glad I got the opportunity to work with Tepperman's. They appreciate and recognize potential and is a great place to work if you are an ambitious person! Great people and wonderful work culture.. I enjoy working here!
25 November 2019
We're so glad to hear that you're happy to be a part of our Teppermans family! It wouldn't be complete without team members like you.
I enjoy working at tepperman's.
It is a place where they strive for best staff morale, they continue to go above and beyond in terms of marketing, driving sales and ensuring that sales associates are able to pitch the best deals to customers. They care about customer satisfaction a lot and will handle issues from head office to ensure that customer and sales are both happy.
27 November 2019
Thanks for your feedback. We work hard to ensure a positive employee experience and are glad you feel the same way!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tepperman's?
I've enjoyed my time at Tepperman's. It's a Family business that has been established for a long time and the owner clearly has a passion for his employees. The one thing that was made clear from day one, is that it will be a busy place to work and that you will never be bored. I came to this company with that in mind and so the workload is exactly what I expected. Retail, in general, is a hard industry to work in due to having to work on the majority of weekends as well as variable hours during the week, but Teppermans pays well compared to any competitors and they are constantly trying to make the experience better. There is always room for improvement, but I trust that my Managers are taking all the efforts that they control to make positive change. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to gain experience in the retail industry.
27 November 2019
Thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you feel challenged and fulfilled in your role.
They treated me like family at first. I do not know what happened through the years working here, but they seemed to have gotten to a point where you are just a number. Management only cares about themselves. I would not even work here to start me out in the world. They are out for themselves only.
25 November 2019
Thank you for your input. Our Employee experience is extremely important to us. As we continue to grow, family still remains one of our core values. As we evolve and add locations we're always striving to maintain our family element. If you have suggestions for us please touch base at hr@teppermans.com
Their business is run by a number of crooks, not to mention that those are the ones who own this company that always rip off government and the people in the community. Their business philosophies are to capitalize on the pains and sufferings of others. They even don't come close to understanding what business is all about in the lands of civilized people. Don't buy anything from them and don't work for them.
28 November 2019
We're truly disheartened to hear your feedback. We work tirelessly to make business decisions with our core values in mind - trust, respect, innovation, teamwork, passion and family. Our Company focuses on innovation as a strategic initiative and welcome new ideas. If you have an idea to help us better our business, please reach out to share with us at hr@teppermans.com
While the wage was decent working here. I found out very quickly that management was very corrupt. The general manager to be specific. He was very unprofessional and an absolute bully. I was bullied by him on multiple occasions and took it to myself to go and complain to HR and it turned out later that the head of HR and the general manager are very good friends. My complain was dismissed despite at least 6 other employees were interviewed by HR to see if my complaint was true and all of them sided with me on the fact. Very shady business, I doubt it will be running for any longer.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Corrupt general manager
28 November 2019
Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working with us. Our leaders and human resources team members are always committed to investigating every complaint to ensure the safety of all team members. Please feel free to reach out to us to discuss this matter further hr@teppermans.com
please be aware that this job does not pay hourly you get 3-4% of your sales, if you dont sell you don't get paid. they did say if you don't have a good week they would give you some funds but the following week if you did good they would take the funds back. quote "if you are the breadwinner in the house this is nt the job for you" also " you will need to save for the down time months as we aren't always busy" i'm not sure about you but this does not sound like a stable job and with the negative comments i've seen i wouldn't be risking the chance.

3% of $30,000 = $900
29 November 2019
Thanks for your feedback. It sounds like there was some confusion regarding our comissioned sales structure. We'd love to discuss it with you, feel free to reach out to us at hr@teppermans.com
The management is too sales focused, even when you are exceeding the sales targets. The hours are very long, there is very little to no work life balance.
Pros
Discounts
29 November 2019
We can understand that a retail schedule is not a good fit for everyone. Being a family owned business, we offer competitive paid vacation and we regularly remain closed during public and statutory holidays so employees can spend time with their families but it can still be tough at times. We're so glad to see that you felt our staff purchase program was a positive element of your employment! We're proud of our product offerings and get satisfaction in being able to provide it to our team members at a discounted rate!
As most of the other reviews have said, this is a terrible place to work. Credit department is reminiscent of high school. Full of drama and cliques. Even the manager is involved; she actually instigates most of it.
They want you to sell credit protection in a super sneaky way so most customers don't even realize it's been added to their contract.

The company motto was "Drink the Kool Aid". Wait...what? You heard right! FYI there is cyanide in the Kool Aid. Don't drink it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Drama, cliques
3 December 2019
Thank you for your candid feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had such a challenging experience. Our culture is very important to us as it drives our business forward. We continue to invest in our culture by providing additional training for our Customer Service teams and continually make adjustments to our onboarding program. Your feedback helps us continue to improve! Don't hesitate to touch base with us at hr@teppermans.com
When I first got the call that I was wanted for an interview with Tepperman’s, I was so excited, and filled with confidence when they decided to do all of my interviews into one. There was the opportunity for a decent wage, great hours, benefits and perks.

Management seems friendly and inviting, and make promises of understanding the learning curve and lots of help in training, as well as a general leniency when it comes to some rules.

The facts are:

Management is unprofessional and disorganized. They tell you it’s optional to link your work email to your cell phone, but it’s apparently mandatory. While I was home sick and had been texting one of the managers the whole time about whether I’d be into work or not, he never thought to tell me the MANDATORY meeting scheduled for the next day had been cancelled, and I paid to cab myself to work for this mandatory meeting I understood was still going on because I didn’t link my work email to my cell phone. Bringing your work home is mandatory, just to set the record straight for any future applicants.

The training is absolutely bare minimum. You’re supposed to be given a desk so you can practice using the system in the training environment at your own desk and have a place to get credentials and all set up. You’re lended a tablet and given no workspace until the minute before they want you completely independent on the phones. That is, after two weeks of minimal classroom time and mostly listening to phone calls, barely any follow up on procedures in the system. Terribly organized, lack of training plan, lack
 - more...
Pros
Good hours, decent wages, benefits and employee discounts.
Cons
Unprofessional management, bare minimum training
15 November 2019
Thank you for your candid feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had such a challenging on-boarding experience. This past calendar year we've gone to extensive lengths to invest in additional training for our Customer Service teams and have made adjustments to our on-boarding program. Your feedback helps us continue to improve!
A supportive and engaging place to work. Staff are encouraged to follow ideas and develop. .A family culture. Team environment. Focused on community and encourage to go beyond the limits to engage staff. pleasant place to work
25 November 2019
it was a good place to work, staff is very friendly and helpful with any questions i asked. i have monthl reviews to see if i needed help with anythoing
Pros
it was job experience
Cons
kind of a difficult position
3 December 2019
Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear you were challenged in your role and had a positive experience. Your comments seemed positive overalll but if there's something additional you'd like to offer feedback on regarding your rating please feel free to reach out! hr@teppermans.com
I'm a formal employee and I worked there for almost 3 months in the Windsor location. They treat you like dirt, they try to help you but it leads to fighting with them. They make you think that they are always right. When you have a boss like Pra***n he trys to prove to you he is better then you. STAY AWAY...
Pros
Good hours
22 November 2019
Your feedback continues to help us improve. Thank you for your insight. Our employee experience at the Contact Centre is extremely important to us. We'd love to discuss your concerns with you further, please feel free to reach out to us at hr@teppermans.com