Teppen Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work, easy money - just show up and do what your told
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON7 August 2018
The job is easy to learn. I had a lot of chances with Teppen and they were still able to help me. The pay is good for the work. If you have special schedule, they are able to accomodate and work around it by putting me on a different schedule. Teppen provided me with the opportunity to showcase my skills and abilities to obtain to reach my goals. I was hired on with Vari-Form within a month and a half. Teppen supervisors were very accommodating, flexible, and understanding.
Bad supervisors
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Strathroy-Caradoc, ON30 July 2018
I worked there for 2 months at strathroy. Unfortunately The vehicle I used to travel hit another car and I had no other rides to go work that day. I tried to call the supervisor 10 times and he didnt pick the call. He then called me after an hour and was fuming because I didnt informed him that I am taking off. I tried to call him like freakin 10 times its not my fault that he could t take the call at that time. I am also workin as a supervisor and this was my 2nd job and I do know how a good supervisor react or solve this issue. But my supervisor his name I dont want to tell here he was such an unproffesional person who didnt even tell me that he not gonna give me any shifts in the future but I was waiting for him to put the shift for 2 weeks. This was only for me and it was pure discrimination that my another friend who took off the same day is still working there .
Horrible
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON28 June 2018
They say they're acomidating, but if you need any time off they yell and freak out. You have "personal leave" Days by the labour board if you use any of them your job is at risk. I'd suggest if you foresee yourself getting sick, your kids getting sick, or any appointments that would cause you to miss work I would not work here. You also have no job security and they will let you go with like no notice. You have to work mandatory weekends and your pretty much blamed for everything and if you stand up for yourself they get mad at you. They constantly make veiled threats at your job and are very rude.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything else
production worker
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON29 May 2018
I donn't recomend it to anyone, at all.I don't trust them. they never tell you the truth or they care for you and for your need, people care for their benefit only.
Good workplace
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Strathroy-Caradoc, ON27 January 2017
The management is beyond accommodating! Very positive and helpful. If I was to suggest any temp agency to work for, I would recommend Teppen!
Your Escape From Temp Work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON11 April 2016
The Agency:
Try to comply with their requests (including on-demand/short notice) and you could be their go-to person when they need to replace someone who either quit or was ill. The idea is to swiftly exit your temp position and enter a ‘permanent’ position at the factory. For many who have lost their jobs due to severance/awful economy from 2007-201Xs and beyond, you know that the word ‘permanent’ has totally lost its meaning. Landing a ‘permanent’ position means you’ll also leave behind the ‘after 44 hours’ overtime policy. It’s a relief to earn overtime after 40 hours of work. Most temp agencies I’ve seen during exhaustive job searches rarely offer overtime after 40 hours of work – the gold temp standard for overtime is almost always after 44 hours. At Christmas, the temp agency gave us – its staff – various quantities of gift cards depending on the degree of work you gave them.

The Work:
Factory work is repetitive, and can be arduous but especially very boring. You will want to eat well/sleep well with shift work since it is a stressful endeavour for the body. At certain peak times of the year especially, but essentially on short notice, you may be asked to work extra hours. Be prepared to have extra food – RTEs (granola bars/slow-perishable foods) in your bag, since you don’t want to eat the junk from the vending machines. You’ll save money preparing/bringing your own food, plus, sometimes the vending machine food is stale, not to mention severely lacking in nutritional value. You’ll be looking out for yourself because obviously you won’t have a guardian
  more... there.

The Factory:
It is a very industrial atmosphere – lots of smoke from the DCMs and lots of chemicals in the CNCs. It can be very dangerous too, so you really have to be careful in your work area; keep it clean and tidy. For some reason, I just love to keep hitting my elbow on the bins. Since there are no cameras – except for maybe the DCMs, they keep a relentless close watch on people; this can be extremely annoying/irritating. For the factory (client), you’ll also want to comply with their demands/requests. One former co-worker would have been hired after only five months had he not refused their demand/request to clean. During slow periods, the boss will have you cleaning various areas of the plant. The factory gave us a meal at Christmas and in the summer. Factory work is not for everyone – it is an utterly impersonal atmosphere. Certainly, there’s no religious cross on the building, but many bring their heart and soul to the job.

Hiring:
It doesn’t really matter how fast and hard you work since the factory operates at one speed – the speed of demand for its products. The place is an army of workers, machinery and resources. One worker does not make a difference since there are replacements for the replacements and training is perpetual. To give you my $0.02, the first temps to get hired are: quick learners who are universally/instantly likeable; one was hired after only four months. If you are a slow learner who does not integrate so well in a new environment, eventually, you will most likely be hired if you provide a solid effort, don’t miss work, follow their instructions, and comply with their demands/requests. There are people who goofed off, took long breaks, but always did their jobs – it took them longer to be hired but they eventually got in after following the plant protocol.
Pros
You have a full-time job!
Cons
You need a ‘permanent’ job with benefits!
poor work enviroment and very litte room for advancment
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON7 May 2015
The boss tries to throw you under the buss and make everything your fault. Cant see any benefits working for Teppen. They constantly lie to their employees and say they will help you get hired full time. I've been there for 3 years and they hire people with months exp over me. There is no set way they do things and 0 stability.
visual inpector
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON16 November 2014
Visually checks part for completion.
die cast environment
It's a temp/hiring service.
NOVA STEEL Employee (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 September 2014
Not much really too say. It's like any other temp/hiring service. Only difference was it was a little more fair then others. They never asked me to submit doctors notes when I was sick, but that's mostly because when I was sick I still when in and was sent home to rest. They found work for me faster then other placement agencies anyway.
Pros
Give you a placment you fast.
Cons
It's only temp work unless you impress someone at your placment in your first week.
Good Money for dirty work
Production Associate at Vari-form (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON2 June 2014
Management is good if you like over time otherwise dont except to be looked at. Advancement in company is easy if you like having no social life and working long hours. Long hours standing and very dirty. Most people are very friendly to your face.
Productive, hard labor, great pay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON13 April 2014
A long hard day, very productive , Co-workers were friendly,
The hardest part would be when the machines would break down and take hours to fix, the most enjoyable part was when machines were working great and the lines went threw without any troubles.
Pros
great pay
Cons
allergic to the hydraulic fluids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teppen Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Teppen Corporation Reviews by Location