Teppen Corporation

Teppen Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Featured review
Teppen Corporation selected this as a representative review
Great co-workers, and manager
It was a privilege to work around a group of smart people. During my time at Teppen corporation, Co-workers were very supportive. The team was always willing to help each out even during their time off. The manager was easy going and always willing to train/invest on people that are willing to learn/grow with the company.
Reliable Summer Factory Work
Teppen takes on many student workers in the summer because of increasing production demands. The interview is easy and the staff in the office is generally friendly - they want to hire you. It gets busy in there though - small place! They will place you at one of their two automotive manufacturing companies (a few factories in town and you occasionally get moved around). While it is "temp work," you're basically guaranteed 40+ hours/week, which is great as a student, especially if overtime is available. They have you come a half hour early on your first day to get taken around the factory - it's a lot to take in right away but they say it's mainly for safety and you get where you need to be. Have not had that experience with other temp agencies. - usually just get told where to go. Sometimes the workplace mandates 6 day work weeks and there's not much you can do about that, however I found Teppen to be accommodating if you're upfront, honest and provide notice for any circumstance. If you're a punctual and a reliable worker, you'll stay in their good books. Both factories have rotational shift work so you have to get used to rotating and it's not always consistent. That can be frustrating but if you really need a particular shift, they will try to accommodate. One good thing was during a shutdown period at one factory, they moved me to another - kept me working which was good as I only have so many weeks in the summer. Both factories have general labour type jobs - some are more physically demanding than others but get used to standing for the whole shift and repeatedly - more...
Pros
Reliable summer work, decent pay, cooperative management
Cons
Inconsistent rotational shift, last-minute scheduling
Worked as a Quality Supervisor. I must say the work culture is amazing and management is very co-operative. Great people to work with and gain experience as a leader. I got really good opportunity to explore my self and got good position in Meridian through Teppen Corp.
Dont waste your time and energy with these crooks
They take a lot of money off of your paycheck, and are not up front about anything. Say you will get hiredfull time and get pay increases, but it never actually happens. They just screw you around tell you anything you want to hear bunch of liars very shady company.
suprised their not under some kind of investigation to be honest
Great staffing agency!!!
Teppen is a great place to work, the company is filled with friendly and helpful staff. I was able to find a full time job with them very quickly out of school. Since Teppen is a small office the communication between supervisors and office staff is excellent, everyone is always on the same page. I am a hard worker who is dedicated to doing a good job, and this was recognized by the supervisors. I would recommend anyone looking for a full time job to apply with this company!
Not great but alright.
Pay is good especially around the holidays.
Mostly the work is super easy and enjoyable with a good group to work and talk with.

Would recommend but not long term not a company with much potential growth.
Selfish Hiring Agency
They take a lot of money off of your paycheck, and are not up front about anything. Say you will get hired full time fast, but actually you will have to work at least 4 months before even beginning the probation period. Very shady company.
best place to work
best place to work, friendly staff and will help you in every possible way.i am still working for them and hopefully will go longer. i will highly recommend this place.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Teppen Corporation?
Teppen is the best.
Teppen is one of the best companies I work with. This company run a well organized business. Its a privilege for me to work with Teppen like company. Want to thanks Teppen for their co-operation and everything.
Not a bad place to work
If you need a job in production environment , go for it .
The pay is decent and there is an opportunity to get hired by Meridian or Vari Form as well.
They make a lot you dont
Their clients continually intend to keep a workforce of 40% or more temps your odds of getting full time job offer in a timely manner are slim to none. Your job is to remind the full timers at the client site how disposable they are.
Managers are bullies don't trust them. They are always hiring and its not because they have more clients or growing demand for new workers the turnover is atrocious.
Good management, awesome co-workers, lots of work.
I work with a smart group of individuals that are all equally outgoing and supportive for anyone that works with us.

Lots of hours available for myself and my co workers.

Strong communication of events within the office.

Overall great place to work with my team
Teppen
Teppen operated within a professional manner,and provided good services to myself . HR gave me good support when I had medical issues giving me time off to fully recuperate,and get back to my former position. .
Bad
Constant threats on your job as your only a temp. They make you work 6 days/week. Tell you, your on rotational shifts then stick you on midnights. Horriable company to work for
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Mandatory overtime
Creating great work environment
Gained great experience which is very helpful for my future. Guaranteed Self sophistication. Great experience and its a pleasure working with Teppen.
Great team to work when you work with the agency.
Teppen team are helpful specially in regards their training towards the WHMIS. However the catch is when you’re working for the real company their treatment is unfair. Let’s say to move up is BS, I work the hardest despite my mental issues but still produce that number but at the end HR told me to walk away.
Pros
Pizza on Saturday
Great place to work !
Can't say anything bad. This is a temp agency but you are treated very well and have consistent work as long as you show up to work, are on time everyday, and work hard. I actually got hired on at meridian before someone else that was there longer simply because I was on time for work and they no-showed their shifts often or called in 5 mins before shift. Teppen helped me get hired on full time with Meridian. Teppen is basically a way to get your foot in the door at automotive companies in strathroy. They give you a probationary period of about 3 months before you get hired on permanently at one of the companies they hire for. It was difficult to adjust to rotating shifts at first, but i got used to it. Overall would recommend this staffing agency to everyone!
Pros
Competitive pay, nice people that care
bad childish people running this companie
if you have a problem they will hang up on you in the midle of the phone call and go outof there way to harass you even if you do nothing wrong very sad for 2 people who do nothing exsept sit on there fat you no what and get a percent of every one who works hard there
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast Employment
If you qualify to work fo rthis company you'll be hired and working very quickly, sometimes within a day or two of originally applying for the job. The staff is very pleasent and always eager to get you working! just be ready to be expendable and keep your opinions to yourself at the facilities, remember, your just a temp!
Pros
fast good paying work
Cons
hard to progress into full-time work, people who are full time impede your development and potential.
bunch of crooks
will never work for teppen again in my life they are a bunch of crooks pay u 15 an hour and pocke the extra 4 dollars for being a bunch of lazy dogs.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good management, hours and starting wage
At Teppen I got a lot of hours at a good wage which helped me save up a good amount of money for school. They have very nice management who is there to answer any questions you may have. Through my work I learned how to weld, inspect welds and work hands on with robots at Vari-form. The hardest part of the job for me was getting used to the shift work going between day shifts, afternoon shifts and overnight shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job was welding, I had never had any experience with this and through the help of my process leader and co-workers I got good teachings on the basics of both mig and flux core welding.
Pros
Good wage and hours, and friendly accommodating management
Cons
Short notice on scheduling, typically given out the Thursday or Friday of the week before the week of the schedule