TENNIS CANADA

TENNIS CANADA Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Excellent place to work
Lot of events happens through out the year, but the best of is the Rogers Cup. Excitement form the Rogers Cup tournament keeps you excited all year around.
Great Culture
The Operations department at Tennis Canada were a close-knit group who made me feel welcomed right away. I became extremely close with all my coworkers that summer and it made the job so much more enjoyable.
Salaire
Très agréable mes pas assez $$$$$$$$$ pour tout ce on fais
Worst job of my career
I worked at TC for two draining years. All I can say is beware. The fun activities and "team bonding" experiences aren't worth the trash pay you receive. Oh and management is a joke. That place is a revolving door.
A great experience
It was a very short time of period, because it was only for the Rogers Cup tournament, but I certainly learned a lot and had the chance to help others which is always a satisfying feeling.
Productive & Fun
Working along side a group of people who are hard working and passionate. The supervisor/management were very helpful when needed. Work does get tough on rainy days.
an AMAZING place to volunteer
the best place to volunteer, keep active and share bright moments with fellow staff.
Pros
complimentary tickets
Laid-back support
Helping staff with IT needs. Setup the WIFI infra for tournaments. Friendly people and great management. Location is near many restaurants and public transit.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TENNIS CANADA?
Fun and Exciting Enviroment
The fun and fast pace environment at Tennis Canada is what creates so much excitement and feeling of being a part of something great when looking back at all the hard work that goes into creating the environment for the fans that come and visit.
Intoxicating environment
There is a clear hierarchy at this workplace. The hours are long and the management acts very superior. There is a lot of ignorance among departments and certain individuals are expected to work abnormal hours each week without being compensated. Benefits are weak and time off is virtually non-existent unless you are in a management position.
Pros
Working at Rogers Cup
Cons
Exhausting hours
Old Boys Network
Only friends advance their career here. Doesn't matter if you produce more or work longer/ harder. If you are a buddy of someone, that is the most important.
They pretend like they have an open door policy- but only if your ideas match theirs.
Pros
food- sometimes
Cons
Long hours, no recognition, not open to new ideas
Cool place to work, got to see tennis matches
Worked in a summer and got to watch some of the tennis matches up close which was nice. It was stressful preparing for the tournament but during tournament it was not bad. Had to stay long hours during tournament and lots of walking around since its a big facility. The people were nice.
Un ambiance de travail incroyable
Mon implication dans l'organisation fût l'une des plus enrichissantes
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
Plage horaire chargée
Productive and fun workplace
If you're interested in sports, especially tennis. This is a great place to work at. Got to see professional tennis players as we ensured the site for them
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working in the sun
Good for students
Good for students, management is friendly. Pay is okay for summer work. Days can be a little long (10 hours) but you're not reallytalking to anyone and can take frequent breaks when weather is extremely bad.
Sports Federation
Event Branch of non profit Sports Federation. Improving sport development over decades with supplemented revenues from successful Event Management for Canadian Open Tennis Championships
Productive and fun workplace
Tennis Canada is a non-profit company that is the main organizer behind the Rogers Cup tennis tournament in Montreal.
communications intern
Awesome coworkers and fun environment. I was an intern for the Rogers Cup tournament. It was a busy time to work there but it was fun.
Kept Me Busy
I would say for a whole entire week of the job because thats how long it was, it kept me really busy. That was the most enjoyable about the job and I would say the hardest part was the hot sun beating down on me. Co-workers were very friendly and I really like that work.
Productive and great way to meet new people
Tennis Canada as a whole is a friendly environment. A typical day at work would be keeping the grounds clean and making sure there was no overflowing garbage anywhere. I learned how to keep my working environment clean and how to cooperate even better with my coworkers. Coworkers are great and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is working through the hot days. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is seeing the players pass by you.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
hot weather
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TENNIS CANADA. Our community is ready to answer.
TENNIS CANADA Reviews by Location