Tenneco

Tenneco Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
Was a great place to work over the years then a few changes in management set the course for the closure.
Cheaper pay to people outside of canada contributed but incompetent and weak people in the higher up positions in the company (owen sound) was a big part of the closure
Management does not care about students!!! only use them for pity work that management themselves do not want to do! Terrible pay compared to other internships. Management does very poor job updating students with news/events (i.e Coronavirus updates with the company). Management will also not bother learning your name.
Lastly, lots of favoritism involved here!! As management / process engineers will give good work to only one student (if he/she is their favorite) while they treat other students like trash!
Pros
Good Lunch Breaks
Cons
Kiss up to management on your first day to get decent work!
I liked working at tenneco for almost 3 and a half decades. I chose to move around and learn as much as I could. It paid off for knowledge and experience
I had a very industry-focused learning opportunity. I learned the most core part of the manufacturing industry. The duty can be heavy and intense, and the people there are very nice.
It is limited what I can say, due to the factory closing. Their pay was one of the top in the area for the line of work. It is a shame the quality standard plummeted when the announcement of the closing was released.
Great place to work. People you work with are very helpful. Great pay for what you do and benefits are good.Wouldn't recommend because it is closing in Owen Sound in 2020.
This was a terrific job! The culture was superb and the management was helpful and clear! I had my own office but also got to go out to the "floor" to actually see and help with production processes. I changed the operation of the floor by identifying and helping with robotics equipment programming glitches.
Pros
Happy group of workers. Respectful and collaborative.
Cons
no upward movement
Automotive company. Very Fast paced. Must meet tight deadlines. Safety, Quality are of the highest standards. Management is collaborative. Meet as a team. Problem solve as a team.
Pros
Rewarding job satisfaction
Cons
Long Hours during Program Launches
Had the chance to work on own ideas and always received support from engineering superior. Tough working with the plater mechanics who had been there for decades initially, but great guys to work with once you earn their respect.
Closing up operations due to inefficiencies and lack of good management. No leadership, poor communication, extremely poor follow up, Very authoritarian, and no respect for employees.
Would not work there anymore manager are rude and treat the employee's unfair Tenneco is garbage. I tell friends don't work there they don't show you how to run the different types of machinery in order to work in a safe and proper manner they just throw your on the machine and you have to learn on your own which is not good so in my opinion Tenneco is not a great place to work at.
Good people good money fast paced room for advancement shift bonus clean environment. Relaxed place to work. Short lunch and breaks good benefits. Work out shop on site.
5 year cycle that makes the employment uncertain. Contract based work from large automotive manufacturers. Can have excessive amounts of overtime every year.
I had great experience back in 2014. I wish them all the best. good place to work and resonable life/work balance life style.
Need to develop new products.
Was a great place to work. but it is closing down in the city of owen sound. To bad for all the people that work there and have to find new jobs. Good luck people!
This place has reverse rotation of shifts nights days afternoons, fantastic benefits but terrible management and even worse work life balance. Its hours are designed to mentally and emotionally break you down to the point you are easily controlled. Great no mind work if you can tolerate the constant abuse by management and co-workers who are dating or related to management.
Pros
Benefits pay
Cons
Everything else
Even with news of our facility closing we as a group continue to be the shining star of all Tenneco plants. The quality that this plant produces is 2nd to none with a PPM of 3.
Ive worked at Tenneco for almost 6yrs and enjoyed my time there very much. Most of the management was helpful and understanding. Would usually promote within
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Unpredictable scheduling if overtime
every day at work has it own requirement, but it was manageable, learn new welding techniques, around coworkers, management was very nice and polite each other and with workers, work environment safe and clean to work.
best part of job is always learning new things. fellow workers easy to get along with and helpful. Working midnight shift not the greatest but compensated well.
Pros
payed lunch break
Cons
midnights
great place to work with lots of friendly people
worked on robotics

worked on automatic welders

learned lots of mechanical tips from other tradesmen over the years