Tennant Company Employee Reviews

I enjoy working for the company and look forward to going back
electrical technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN17 April 2018
I work for the company for 2 years and recently got laid off look forward to returning to company when business picks back up or moving out of state to another location to continue my work with the Tennant company
My 2 cents worth
Nonexempt employee (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN9 April 2018
Working as a production employee has changed dramatically in the past decade or so. Training for newbies is almost nill, yet demand on expertise has never been greater. Feels like Data Analytics has mostly replaced common sense. No longer how well, just how much.

In my opinion getting the cheapest labor force has taken precedence over developing a strong, efficient family of workers.
Complete reversal of the first 140 years of Tennant.

The most recent management is working hard, with great skill to correct the errors of previous management but it feels like too little, too late.

High quality employees are routinely leaving, searching for better employment. Something fairly new to Tennant's history.

Sadly, This once proud, highly sought out employment, has become a pass through job for many. Best for those looking to gain experience and build a resume.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Mostly everything else...
One of the best companies I have ever worked for.
North American Architectural Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN8 April 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Tennant is a first class company they stand behind all their products. The people who work for Tennant are of the highest ethics and character.
Relaxed
Payroll Specialist/T&E Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN2 April 2018
Tennant is an okay company to work for. They offer good benefits no advancement very relaxed. This is all I have to say there is nothing more to say about Tennant.
Good Job, Too Many Hours
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX30 March 2018
Tennant was a good company to work for and supported the Tech's pretty well. The rural area I covered was just too large for one man to cover and the workload was too large. The 60 - 70 hour weeks just got to be too much after about 6 months. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company if the position was in a city with a population of half a million or more.
Pros
Good Support for Field Tech's
Cons
Cons are Region Specific
Clicky no chance for advancement
Warm body (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN22 March 2018
Worked there for many years . Took the classes applied for jobs yet bypassed for less qualities but buddies with management people. If you like snitches over heating, catty backstabbing behavior, followed by watching worthless people get Pat's on the back and special treatment because they are friends with management oh and let's not forget not 401k match then this is the place for you. God speed
Alright
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI15 March 2018
This is a quick work place to work for. You have to complete so many machines a day with your team members on the assembly lines. They are very picky on what they do and dont let pass the line.
Not recommend
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY16 February 2018
Management plays favorites and will give their favorite employees advancement before an employee with more experience and better work ethic. I worked very hard for this company and was looked over every time for other employees that didn't do half the work I did.
not fun at all
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN16 February 2018
my manager was a person that picked and choose the people that he liked and wanted to help with problems, I lived in motels all week when was told just sometimes.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN29 January 2018
You take about 70 calls a day. They have an AWESOME training program for new customer service reps. You have access to all the thing you need. Tec support is available by phone and there are wonderful tec docs on line.
Een fijne werkomgeving
Magazijnmedewerker (Current Employee) –  Uden16 January 2018
Tennant Company is een prettig bedrijf om bij te werken. Fijne collega's en er is genoeg afwisseling in het werk.
Hard to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN4 January 2018
Hard to get time off. High turn overs. Bad leadership. You can never advance. I tried 3 times and I didn't get the position and it wasn't because of my performance. They will use you if you are good until you can't take it it more. They will never advance you.
Cons
Bad occurrence policy
Great Company
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI 4942421 December 2017
Great company to work for. Collaborative environment. Work is rewarding and management appreciates your efforts. Hardest part for me is the drive (very long) and the most enjoyable is improving company metrics
Pros
Environment
New hires and temps
Welder (Current Employee) –  Lilac Drive6 December 2017
I'm in welding and they seem to hire a lot of weld school and in experienced welders.These people tend to think they know everything and they don,t.They are hired because they can be paid a much lower rate.Also some of the older people that have been there for yrs aren't getting raises and aren't moving up but other people with less knowledge are.Not enough rules are in writing.Health ins.is too expensive!
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Lazy people
Field Admin
Field Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN17 November 2017
I am a contractor with Tennant and it is a nice place to work. However hard to get full-time permanent roles depending on department. HR doesn't respond in a timely fashion
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
HR slow are hiring contrators
Focus on People and Lean Initiatives
PFEP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI29 October 2017
Tennant is focused on becoming lean company. People are a priority. Focused on career advancement. Focused on quality to the customer and company metrics.
Pros
company picnics
Cons
healthcare
Productive place with friendly enviroment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN16 October 2017
The other employee's in your department were happy to help as long as it was in their knowledge of what it is that needed to be fixed. The management was great they made sure you had the required documents/prints so that the correct jobs would go out.
Innovative company looking to transform
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 October 2017
Solid work environment. Work and life balance suitable. Many opportunities to move around the organization. Challenging work environment. Good management.
Okay
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI1 October 2017
It was an okay job but not made for a lot of women. The work was heavy and always the same. The company made you work to get time for vacation. It was not easy to take time off when you had no time accumulated if you just started.
Tennant Co.
Coating Analyst II, Coatings technologies (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN21 September 2017
A great company to work for. I do telecommute to Chicago. Management here is very supportive and really work with you to help you in a situation. i have learned a lot at my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennant Company. Our community is ready to answer.