Tenaris Employee Reviews

stay far far away.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 August 2018
the benefits such as great salary, medical and dental plans, an RRSP plan, seem to be very appealing at first. I was hired as a CNC operator to train other people to do the job I was hired on for. I was in the job 6 months before the company decided to lay me off under a "use and abuse" mentatlity.
Pros
good medical and dental benefits, RRSP option
Cons
horrible management who look out for themselves, shift work, rotating of shifts, only hire one specific type of culture, supervisors and lead hands are cranky
i experienced a very good treatment from this company and also a very good beneits
cnc machinist / QA (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB14 October 2018
tenaris company is so big company having a products of oil and gas related. with a full of benefitsand i have an abundant experienced and i'm very thankfull.
Pros
monthly bonus
Beware Beware Beware
Suppy Chain (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 July 2018
This is not a great place to work. Long hours, low pay, bad culture, horrible management, work life balance is non existent and HR will do nothing to help.

The benefits were the only good thing about them.

Stay away from this company and tell everyone you know as well.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
ok
Front End Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 January 2019
they were a good company to work for
2 weeks on 1 week off
10 hour days
camp setting
haed office in edm
work office in nisku
good benefits
easy compnay to talk to
Will not give any positive review
yard technician (Former Employee) –  Wembley, AB24 August 2018
Long hours , low pay, bad management/ supervisors, HR more on side of management than employee.

Unsafe working conditions, Several suggestions were made to improve the quality of the work environment but were constantly ignored.

Stay away!!
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
long hours, unsafe working conditions, no regard for employee well being
Great place to work as long as there is work
Yards Department, Operator (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON7 January 2019
Uncertainty day to day if you will have a job is not the greatest. When there drilling oil then it's good. When there not then your going home. Layoffs happen fast and they happen routinely.
Pros
Great group of guys
Cons
Layoffs
good
Production technician class 1 (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON11 September 2018
Tenaris is a good place to work if you don't like working hard , they have a good schedule, don't have much opportunity for over time. they have a shut down every summer and they lay off all new employees
Pros
schduel
Cons
hours
Not a career I wanted to spend my life doing
Milling Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, On15 October 2014
The company was very good to me and recognized I had potential for any job situation and that I was a dedicated, hard working team player. The job environment was very hot, dirty and noisy but they offered me good opportunities for advancement and held many different positions always progressing in the company. The general work force was very frustrating with a lot of childish things going on and the lack of team work by a lot of workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to be a team player in an environment that was anything but. The most enjoyable part was recognition from management of jobs well done and their apparent appreciation.
Pros
Never a dull moment, your part in keeping a line moving, free clothing, good pay and benefits.
Cons
12 hour shifts and shift work to go along with it. Seems like all you were doing was working, sleeping or eating.
Good for new graduates
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2015
Tenaris provides great opportunity for new graduates with its Global Trainee Program, which is a two year program. However, after the completion of the program there is a lack of guidance on career development and as such, young professionals find it frustrating to define their career paths within the company. Salary/benefits are very competitive. Work life balance is very poor in the company. In short, it is a good company to get initial exposure to the industry, however, not the best for building a long term career.
Pros
Salary/Benefits, training
Cons
Poor management, poor work/life balance
Competitive Salary and Benefits
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 September 2016
My typical day at work is that making sure that the machine is in good condition, detection of machine problem should be observed, perform preventive maintenance and calibration of machine. I have learned additional techniques in performing my jobs. In terms of management, they provided want we need and what is good for the employee and production (referring to employer). I have fun and enjoyment working with my co-workers. They are very welcome to share their knowledge in order us to contribute well for the benefits of the company. Apparently, I never been encountered any hardest part of my job because I enjoy what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is that the techniques because I makes my job easier and comfortable in a way that I can produce more product that has quality.
Good Career Launching Pad
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary12 March 2018
This was a fantastic place to learn supply chain management from a manufacturing point of view. Great place to solidify understanding of supply and demand principles.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Piping, General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB24 February 2015
Typical Day at Work:
12 hour rotational shifts from 6am - 6pm and 6pm - 6am.
I arrive to work, read the order sheet to see what must get done for the day and pick up or start a new order from where the last team left off.
I cook, cut, precisely measure, stencil, number and swage pipe.
There is also quit a bit of computer input to be done for every order. Mathematics is a very huge part of our day to day routine. If you mess up a measurement or input a number into the computer incorrectly you can prolong an order going out by days even weeks.

Co Workers:
My co workers are great and very helpful when needed.

Hardest Part of the Job:
Continuously always wanting to learn more to be the best I can be for my employers.

Enjoyable Part of the Job:
I enjoy the physical and mental parts of the job.The crew I work with and feeling like I accomplished something after every shift.
Pros
Great co-workers - enjoyable schedule - good benefits
Good Pay Good Benefits
Ultrasonic Inspector/End Cropper Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2012
Position: Ultra Sonic Pipe Inspector

I would check the calibration on the sonic unit then run the pipe through the unit for eight hours. I would also cut weld samples if there were any penetrators in the weld and perform a bend test and show the results to the foreman and the lab technician.

I learned how to be efficient and how my job effects everyone inside and outside of the plant.

My co-workers had a wide range of characters un-educated to very educated.

The hardest part of the job was fighting boredom and shift work.
Pros
good job good pay good benefits
Cons
lay offs shift work boredom
I've learnt a lot in this place
Industrial Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON6 May 2017
The company is Global with lots of oportunities to move. You work long hours and with lot of pressure but compensation is competitive.
The mills are located in no so nice places in general.
Pros
Learn a lot and compensation is good
Cons
Long Hours
the unique seamless pipe mill in Canada
Maintenance Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON24 August 2016
Unfortunately, it is affected by the global oil crisis. During productive times this company offers a professional environment and a global network that allow a great personal and professional development. There are chances of growing into the company, travel for training, and continuous opportunities to demonstrate skills and abilities in any field of its business.
Pros
compensation package and benefits
Cons
affected by global or local oil crisis and sibling companies with lower cost
Productive, high space environment in relatively safe setting with rotating work-shift.
Machinist group-leader, C.N.C. Programmer, (Former Employee) –  8919 Barlow Tr. S.E. Calgary, Alberta27 January 2017
Tenaris Prudential is offering an integrated work, job-pool, with good wage and benefits. It is an oil and gas pipe-manufacturing facility. The main operation is in a systematic production line setting, with two or three rotating shifts, including with service-maintenance. The maintenance-machine shop operation was on two shift rotation. The interactive communication has lots of opportunities to improve and grow. The hourly-unionised mentality and the salary-management mentality was challenged with broken communication. Without unilateral approach and collective teamwork, the work-effort remains in stagnation. All operations are ceased since 2015, and there is hope for fresh and better start. Never the less going forward in the new industrial world, the team-work is essentially emphasised. With good input and good effort, Tenaris Prudential-Steel can be a good option to be explored for work. It offers many opportunities to grow and learn.
The team work matters and brings success in the new industrial world.
Pros
Work uniforms, footwear and safety equipments are provided.
Cons
Rotating work-shift and accountability is part of this large operation.
this used to be an excellent place to work.
ultrasonic and inspection supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB27 January 2017
Since being taken over 9 years ago quality has become less important. As my role was quality control, I found it increasingly frustrating to be continually overridden for quantity rather than quality.
Pros
Good compensation.
Cons
Poor relationship between management and hourly.
Good place to work, great company.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2017
Depending on what department you're in, there are some amazing people there - although, departments don't seem to want to work together or share information.
Fantastic Benefits!
Brutal workplace.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON19 April 2017
It's dirty, it's hot, and if you aren't friends with someone you aren't going anywhere. The union is atrocious, but what can you expect when someone who gets caught selling drugs at work becomes the president. The pay cheque is decent, while it lasts.
benefits
Cons
rotation, their union, market.
pesion, benifits = good job
Certified E.M.I. technician (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON10 December 2015
good place, good people, Pension, benefits. Not backbreaking labour

long hours but decent time off. safety is priority, training is good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenaris. Our community is ready to answer.