Tenaquip Employee Reviews

Ok place to work for
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 May 2018
Long hours compared to the industry. Work/family balance was not easy especially when the schedule is not flexible.
Salary was ok if you include profit sharing.
No possibility of advancement.
Maximum of 3 weeks vacation no matter how many years you work there.
Management should not only aim to be in Canada’s 50 best managed companies. They should work towards making the top 100 employers to work for...
Pros
Profit sharing, nice work environment, relaxed dress code
Cons
Long hours, lack of vacation
Good work enviroment, poor salary.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Senneville, QC11 January 2018
Poor warehouse management on the upper and mid level, no communication, not much balance between family and work available, warehouse manager not personable time for her and her husband to retire, warehouse management is a uneducated control freak and does not know what she is doing, management does not listen to employees.
Pros
good co-workers, good work enviroment
Cons
poor salary, poor cold narrow minded management
Great company mis-managed
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
Great business model, warehouse and products but management is authoritarian. Upper management is all different families that had their businesses bought out and stayed under contract. So lots of conflicts and very narrow thinking. They need new innovative faces in upper management.
Pros
good philosphy
Cons
management will not allow you to execute, hard to bring on new customers, hard to do business with due to paperwork and massively high turn around
Disappointed in Management structure
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  South Edmonton,ab12 November 2015
Customers have always been my focus, with that being said, it was a difficult position to be in, when logistics and management structure were absent on many occasions.
It was unfortunate that all 4 sales staff members left within weeks of my leaving the company.
Very enjoyable
Traducteur (Current Employee) –  Senneville6 August 2015
Everything is not perfect, but TENAQUIP is the best employer I've ever worked with.

One of the best things about working here is that they are very flexible with employees that have families/children and understand the quirks that inevitably come along.

I've never had a problem with having to leave in the middle of an afternoon because my child was sick at school. This is a major benefit as far as I'm concerned!
Pros
Location, understanding of people, balance of strictness and laid back attitude
Cons
Low salary, advancement opportunities almost non-existant
Great atmosphere
warehouse cleck (Former Employee) –  Montreal,QC12 July 2015
Even though I have not worked in a lot of warehouses, Tenaquip Limited was a great place to work at. The Ceo,s really take their time to get to know their employees.
Pros
drinks available for free in the warehouse
Cons
You need a car to get home.
productive good environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, QC10 June 2015
it was nice working there but till the company had to move then alot of stuff started to go slow, the hardest part was to honestly find somthing to do when there wasn much into the new builduing besides that its a typical day at work
Friendly enviroment.
Inventory Controller / Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  St anne de bellview Montreal QC4 October 2014
(My typical day at work)
Auditing stocks, using RF device to pick orders.
Driving forklift to pick stock.
Driving Raymond Reach to count stock.
Packing orders for client.
Finding missing stock and adjusting quantities.
(What I learned)
I can do it all.
(Management)
Great managers.
(Co-workers)
Friendly.
(Hardest part of the job)
Getting paid what I deserve.
(Most enjoyable part of the job)
The flexibility of the different tasks I am able to do in one day.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
The pay
A decent place to work
Desktop Publisher (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc8 January 2014
Tenaquip is a decent place to work. In my position as a desktop publisher, I find that I am given the space to do my work in a fairly autonomous way. I confer with my manager when necessary, but only when there is a rush job do things get hectic. I mean, I'm allowed to listen to music as I work, and that's great.
The benefits are top-notch. An excellent health and drug plan that includes dental. The company has invested a lot in work/life balance programs that are at the disposal of the employees. The company also runs a profit sharing plan, which is great.
There are only a few glaring downsides to the company. One, it doesn't pay much. It's a common complaint from employees. Also, vacation time maxes out at three weeks after five years. Perhaps the biggest drawback though is the fact that the office is incredibly inconvenient to get to if you don't have a car. It's on the western tip of the island of Montreal and public transit does not serve the area very often. There are rush hour buses during the week and a commuter train stop about a 15 minute walk away, but you better have a car.
Pros
Good benefits, profit sharing
Cons
Inconvenient location, low pay
400,000 items available
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario4 November 2013
A fully Canadian owned Industrial supply company, I am responsible for the opening and growth of new accounts while penetrating product lines within the existing customer base. Territory boundaries are Minden (N), Quinte West (E),
Lake Ontario (S), and Durham (W)

Successes:

Sourced and obtained a 6 figure, 25 unit national MRO contract.

Largest number of new account openings in district. 2012,2013

Increased house brand penetration 21.8%

10.3% average sales increase per annum.

Designed and implemented monthly district sales meetings, focusing on growth strategies and morale boosting.

Created, planned and completed a real world XTirpa demonstration for the City of Peterborough and the County of Peterborough.

Have received quarterly profit sharing bonuses every quarter since start date.

Co-presenter for northern, central and western accounts respiratory demonstration.

Responsible for opening City of Peterborough and bringing revenue from zero to $48,000 within 7 months.
very good company. Warehouse manager was very professional
inventory (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, QC26 October 2013
One of the best company i ever worked. Just do your honest job. and Company will take care of you- including loan to buy computer ..Manager LISE MILLOT IS BEST
Pros
Every week a pizza party.
Cons
Best Best company
Excellent Place to Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  montreal, Qc17 June 2013
Worked at organizing warehouse, collecting inventory and loading and un-loading trucks.
I learned a great deal about team work and worked with a great manager.
Pros
exterior excursions paid by Tenaquip
Cons
some days filled with extremely heavy inventory
They need time to decide what they want to be
Safety & Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2013
Poor management systems in place the company is out of the east which is a concern, this company needs outside leadership and not yes men.
Pros
no pros to think of
Cons
to many to list
Appreciated work experience gained
Représentant interne - Comptes corporatifs (Former Employee) –  Ste-Anne De Bellevue, Quebec6 June 2012
Learned to work as a team, have been given many opportunities to prove my good will and capacities.

Enjoyed to work with the people there.

Management can be a little slow on decisions sometimes but this is not fully negative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenaquip. Our community is ready to answer.