Ten Thousand Villages Employee Review

View all Ten Thousand Villages reviews

The volunteers were such a great part of how the store was run.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2012
A typical day was filled with many projects. I took care of emails coming in and opening the store to the customers. Customer service was our main focus.
I learned a lot about Fair Trade. I was completely inspired by the artisans work, all done by hand. We were there to help the developing countries. It was an amazing experience to be apart of.
My manager was always there to support us on the floor. Great attitude. Very smart woman.
My co-workers were all volunteers. They were amazing to work with. Everyday was a new day. I helped them to learn about the products and the countries where the artisan were from. Teaching them our mission. They also taught me quite a bit as well about the counrties where they were from. Our store was very multicultural which I enjoyed.
They hardest part of the job was putting the schedule together. Being that everybody was a volunteer. It was sometimes difficult to fill shifts becuase they had other jobs as well. All the shifts were filled with patience and help from others, including myself.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the sales. I enjoyed helping people to buy. It was Fair Trade products. So the feeling of helping so many people in one sale felt amazing. The customer, the story of the artisan and the country. I enjoyed selling the coffee and chocolate. To support Fair Trade is so important for the future.
Pros
i had the opportunity to sell the products at festivals, outside of the store.
Cons
store hours

Other Ten Thousand Villages Employee Reviews

Provided a calm and friendly atmosphere
part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2019
Although the store was quiet most of the days, the other employees and volunteers made the day go by fast. There is always something to do such as cleaning the shelves or learning about the merchandise which helps you become more knowledgable with the store's mission and purpose as a non-prophet.
Efficiently run and a wonderful cause with amazing products
Volunteer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 January 2019
The location I worked at was on Lakeshore rd., the store managers and supervisors were both efficient and kind people to work with. The customers were surprisingly amazing, and it was obvious that most of the returning customers cared as much about the artisans as the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ten Thousand Villages. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4