Ten Thousand Villages Management reviews

Volunteer
Sales Associate-Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2018
I loved volunteering here at Ten Thousand Villages, The only downfall is working in the front on your own after a few months. I really enjoyed the management and my co-workers. The customers are just as great as my co-workers. The one thing I didn't like was it was it can be a bit slow sometimes.
Pros
great people, good hours
Cons
nothing
Amazing store, amazing people, amazing mission!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 March 2017
Restocking inventory, making sales, learning about new products, keeping our mission statement in mind, organizing store, and informing customers about products, where they're from, etc.

Easy, relaxed, fun, stress-free workplace. The staff is polite and amazing with customers and coworkers, flexible and enjoyable to work with, along with management.

The best part of my day would be chatting with customers, why they're in the store, what they're looking for, every customers have a story.
Pros
Discount card, free snacks, drinks (tea, water, coffee), always learning everyday on the job.
Cons
Long slow days.
Great mission, poor execution.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
A wonderful place to work but suffered from mismanagement. The customers were wonderful and you could feel good about helping people all over the world and the day-to-day was nice. Free coffee and good training. However it was managed by a board of volunteers who had a disconnect in their understanding of the needs of the retail environment and employees. For example working a 10 hour shift alone and no budget for advertising. Job security is also lacking as they have no problem laying people off without warning.
Pros
Helping marginalised artisans around the world.
Cons
Working under volunteers with no knowledge of retail.