Tempur + Sealy

Tempur + Sealy Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Management is a joke and hours are brutal

I was told upon hire Saturday's were going to be few and far in between . This resulted in a lie. I also applied to be one position and spend more time helping out in other departments then my own. This wouldn't be a problem but then you feel the pressure of things not getting done in your main department and management doesnt care at all. My only positive thing to say is the pay is really good and the workers are kind hearted and helpful which made so my experience wasnt total garbage.

Pros

Benifits, union

Cons

Long hours, management

Giving your all is not enough.

The job I had in there is not bad at all, the managers patrol like a pack of dogs looking you from head to toe looking for any reason to make your day harder. They’ll tell you in your interview that you’ll mainly just do 8 hours a day and some saturdays, I’ve heard that they said “you’ll rarely do 10’s, and rarely ever 12’s” then they’ll proceed to work you 12 every single day and tell you it’s mandatory Saturday too. They have their numbers and I get that but you can only work 100 or so people like that for a little till enough is enough. I look at the older people in there the ones who have been there for 20+ years & they’re still working the brakes off them. There’s so much more but I don’t have the time to go into it.

Pros

The friends I’ve made.

Cons

The hours.

A joke

Hard work long hours small or short breaks. Management is a joke so are the leaders they will watch you struggle and just stand there. Floats are a joke too

Pros

Non

Cons

A joke

Very stressful always on edge waiting for the next privilege to be taken away

We work 10hrs shift last break gets taken away you work 8 or 12 hrs shift you get your breaks all of them. Tell me why or better yet tell management to grow up!!

Pros

No pros because of manufacturer they dont want the employees to know anything

Cons

Everything!!

Terrible work environment.

There is no work life balance. Expect 12 hour shifts Mon-Fri plus Saturdays.Expect your vacation to be deniedExpect management to treat everyone bad.

Pros

Decent pay.

Cons

Everything else.

The job is tough and the culture is tougher.

From the first day I arrived at the Lacey temper Sealy plant my coworkers greeted me by saying welcome to the afterlife. It was a customary greeting and I soon came to understand exactly why. this job doesn't have standard hours. You come in at a set time when you leave when the work is done. Any number of factors can contribute to you eventually working at 12 plus hour day. It even got to the point where multiple times we threatened to walk out. Which ended in management promising us that we wouldn't have to work 12 plus hour days anymore. But it didn't take them long to forget that promise. Management changes so often that it's hard to create a positive work environment that feels inclusive and like you have a voice or any control over how you move up in this company. In addition many employees use to deal with the many pains they suffer from. Which then causes them to not report when they get hurt on the job for fear of being fired. However the demand for the pace and work speed exceeds the stated safety first policies. PPE is often not available outside of ear protection. And while the company does provide eye and shoe vouchers. There are many hazards beyond that in the workplace. I worked for this company for 4 years. I ended up being terminated after I suggested and started organizing other coworkers to form a union so that we could be heard. The culture of the workplace often has coworkers taking out their anger at management and the situations they're placed in on each other. Which can lead to a very toxic workplace since employees don't feel empowered to speak to -

Pros

Guaranteed overtime, Decent pay, Healthcare options

Cons

Management doesn't listen, An hours inconsistent, pressure to finish work regardless of outside issues

Horrible

You only get what you want when you sleep with the management. The supervisor on night shift is a pervert and so is the production manager. If you’re a girl then you’ll have a better experience here, I’m sure!

Pros

Cons

Too much overtime. 6 ten hour days a week

Hard work, alot of hours...

If you want to work your life away it's a great place. 60 + hours a week, work alot of 6 days a week. Management is difficult and never have answers and make you regret asking questions in the first place.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long days, no family life, high stress, very unorganized

The pay and benefits are great but the down side is the hours. There is a set start time but no end time and no more than 12 hours a shift. You work weekends more than they say.

Positive

Always stay positive and remember you are something to everyone without you there's no one to get the job done. Just stay focused and don't fall stay determined.

Pros

Positivity

Buena trabajo con el jefe directo

Buen jefe, responsable con ganas de enseñar. Aprendí a trato directo con transporte, inventario, trabajo bajo presión, dirección atentóa lo que pasa en las áreas. Lo más complicado es la atención de cliente, lo que más me gustó es que mi jefe directo siempre enseña de forma correcta y fácil para el entendimiento y aprender de manera sencilla

Mala

Empresa extranjera con malos tratos por el personal, pésima y salarios bajos trabajos estresantes.

Good company

I have been wanting to join the company for quiet sometime , finally got in there and loved the beds were heavy at times but I enjoyed every moment of it challenging but worth it

Not a lot

Not good management not family oriented perks heavily celebrated all holidays . Many company parties and celebrations . Left a lot heavy work on entry level employees

Very busy days. The hardest thing about this job is day to day you don't know what you will be working on. Priority of projects change day to day. The job is extremely demanding.

Hard to have a personal life

Working here was difficult because you never know what time you will be getting out daily. Management became a big issue the past year. Its also difficult in the summer months it becomes very hot inside.

Avoid this company

Don't care about work life balance,constantly swamped with calls won't hire more people,blame it on employees being out sick or using vacation time, force overtime on you including making you come in early and shorten your lunch time, will write you up for actually using your sick time, training is all over the place and they say they give you time to learn, but once you're on the phone they immediately start using what you don't know against you. Managers will disappear if you ask them a question that they don't know the answer to or will refer you to your peers for them to answer the question but then get upset when you ask your peer for help too much, they said they have townhall meetings quarterly but it's actually almost every month or every other month so if you work remotely they expect you to drive in instead of using business Skype and always schedule the meetings around the time that kids get home from school so if you have children they really don't care. The meetings are mostly them bashing stores that no longer carry their brand or the competitors nothing actually informative. They mirco manage your every move and it you can literally hear the same thing from 3 or 4 different managers within a few minutes of each other because they clearly don't communicate. They even go as far as to call your personal cell phone if you work remotely instead of reaching out to your direct manager first to see if they know what's going on with you. I would avoid this job at all cost! They tell you an hourly wage but once you get paid it doesn't add up at all and you get the run around -

Pros

Cons

Micro manage, lie about wages, poor training, poor managers

Poor management

All management team are they don't understand for job field . They don't thinking for employees life and family .All the time make pressure.Supervisor and superattends are they don't understand their work .

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work. Average salary, working atmosphere is good and flexible . I would recommend this company for other people. Leadership team is good

People make the culture!

I had the privilage to work with many hard working individuals who diligently work day in and day out giving thier best 100% of the time. Work / Homelife balance can be a challange.

Pros

Free lunches, company promotional items, good healthcare.

Cons

Communication between plants & corporate continually updating.

Challenging and exciting

promotional opportunities from within the company. Treats employees fairly and pays competitive including benefits. Aggressive management. Enjoyed working for TSI for 25 years.

Pros

Very good benefits & salary, challenging assignments, fast paced

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tempur + Sealy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8