Tempur + Sealy

Tempur + Sealy Management reviews

Clear

Everyone gets along and works together as a team. Management is a little disappointing at the moment, but overall, ok place to work. The pay is good.

Good pay. That’s it.

Just a terrible culture. Everyone is overworked and taken advantage of. The top dog at the company is a nice guy but can’t do anything to change the amount of work and lack of advancement. You will never get a raise. It’s just a soul crusher.

Pros

Decent pay/ benefits. Lots of overtime.

Cons

Usually only one day off. Miserable vibe in the plant.

Terrible job in reno!

Don’t even bother working for this company. This job is disgusting and the people here are cruel and terrible workers. Watch your back most definitely and the supervisors suck and don’t care about you. FAVORITISM AT ITS FINEST.

Pros

Nothing honestly.

Great benefits

Good benefits Management could use some modern ideas. This needed one hindered characters to submit. I enjoyed my time at tempur sealy and would work there again

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Information Technology team stress is unbelievable, all call 24x7. No backup, one person to support mission critical systems is insane.

I.T. is terribly understaffed. Why would a company spend millions on technology and DR protection’s but only have one or two full time employees responsible for so many mission critical environments? I don’t know if the board of directors or the CEO is aware of the company’s vulnerabilities by not having enough staff trained and active, but the stock holders should realize key employees keep leaving and not back filled. TempurSealy is a house of cards.

Pros

Pay not worth it.

Cons

“C” level management is lied to by their subordinate’s. Politics is rampant, to the demise of the SME’s.

Giving your all is not enough.

The job I had in there is not bad at all, the managers patrol like a pack of dogs looking you from head to toe looking for any reason to make your day harder. They’ll tell you in your interview that you’ll mainly just do 8 hours a day and some saturdays, I’ve heard that they said “you’ll rarely do 10’s, and rarely ever 12’s” then they’ll proceed to work you 12 every single day and tell you it’s mandatory Saturday too. They have their numbers and I get that but you can only work 100 or so people like that for a little till enough is enough. I look at the older people in there the ones who have been there for 20+ years & they’re still working the brakes off them. There’s so much more but I don’t have the time to go into it.

Pros

The friends I’ve made.

Cons

The hours.

Horrible place to work.

None of the supervisors or managers ever give you help, unless you ask 1000 times. They DO NOT care about any employees, unless they're related to an employee. Which is very common here. Even corporate hr that goes to visit and say that there will be changes lie to your face. I personally have asked these corporate hr managers for assistance and they promised to get back to me and never did. Mandatory 12 hour shifts, Monday through Saturday. You never have a real time that you will be off of work, they will tell you an estimate for the day and almost always make you work more than they promise. Lots of special treatment within the departments cause lots of leads and employees are related.

Pros

Cons

Very hostile environment, employees treated unfair, extreme manual labor

Watch your back!!!

One wrong move and your out the door without any notice . There are no second chances here. I thought it was a good place to work until I watched what was happening. Good luck I'm out!!

Pros

Cons

Management would rather replace you than train you

Management is a joke and hours are brutal

I was told upon hire Saturday's were going to be few and far in between . This resulted in a lie. I also applied to be one position and spend more time helping out in other departments then my own. This wouldn't be a problem but then you feel the pressure of things not getting done in your main department and management doesnt care at all. My only positive thing to say is the pay is really good and the workers are kind hearted and helpful which made so my experience wasnt total garbage.

Pros

Benifits, union

Cons

Long hours, management

Poor district manager

Tucson district manager has knowledge of mattresses but not how to treat people. Will have you do management work instead of hiring a store manager. Have capability to have flexible schedules but district manager wont do anything for you. Pay by how they like you not based on experience.

Pros

Cons

Working for weak district manager

A joke

Hard work long hours small or short breaks. Management is a joke so are the leaders they will watch you struggle and just stand there. Floats are a joke too

Pros

Non

Cons

A joke

Very stressful always on edge waiting for the next privilege to be taken away

We work 10hrs shift last break gets taken away you work 8 or 12 hrs shift you get your breaks all of them. Tell me why or better yet tell management to grow up!!

Pros

No pros because of manufacturer they dont want the employees to know anything

Cons

Everything!!

Managment plays favorites

I worked here for over a year and all I have to show for it is a lot of scars and a bad taste in my mouth. I was offered a machine op position and accepted but then was denied training for said position and ignored when trying to learn on my own. I got hurt on the job and then moved from my position to a different line and forgotten about while someone who had worked there half as long as me with more missed days got the position I was promised! Fast foreward a bit and I was harrassed, the coworker was fired but he was a "favorite" so certain people had it out for me after that. One in particular was more aggressive than others and constanty came after me. I was fired today because I finally had the nerve to tell her to shut the f up. Worth it.

Pros

Health insurance for full time employees.

Run the other way

Work anywhere else before working here.. the pay is weekly and its not bad until you do jobs here that are not even in your department. The managers do not follow the union rules at all. The only way to get through to them is to threaten grievance. If you think you have seniority your wrong. The managers dont care. I worked everywhere and this is the worst job i have worked

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

No end time. Saturday work if needed. Lay off can happen at anytime

Terrible work environment.

There is no work life balance. Expect 12 hour shifts Mon-Fri plus Saturdays.Expect your vacation to be deniedExpect management to treat everyone bad.

Pros

Decent pay.

Cons

Everything else.

No work/life balance

Fast paced, little instruction. Things constantly change. Poor management. This position is for someone who doesn't have a family. Many hours of work and very little recognition.

Lots of work or no work

Work here is very up and down as you move through the year. Some days you will be hammered and have to work 10-12 hours and then in a couple days you can barely scrape by with 4-6 hours. Otherwise a great place to work at as the people are great and management is fairly decent.

Easy work, Garbage management.

Decent pay, easy work, but the biggest kink and it's enourmous is the management, especially second shift mattress assembly. Anyone who works it knows what I mean.

Pros

4 days 40 hours

Cons

The job is tough and the culture is tougher.

From the first day I arrived at the Lacey temper Sealy plant my coworkers greeted me by saying welcome to the afterlife. It was a customary greeting and I soon came to understand exactly why. this job doesn't have standard hours. You come in at a set time when you leave when the work is done. Any number of factors can contribute to you eventually working at 12 plus hour day. It even got to the point where multiple times we threatened to walk out. Which ended in management promising us that we wouldn't have to work 12 plus hour days anymore. But it didn't take them long to forget that promise. Management changes so often that it's hard to create a positive work environment that feels inclusive and like you have a voice or any control over how you move up in this company. In addition many employees use to deal with the many pains they suffer from. Which then causes them to not report when they get hurt on the job for fear of being fired. However the demand for the pace and work speed exceeds the stated safety first policies. PPE is often not available outside of ear protection. And while the company does provide eye and shoe vouchers. There are many hazards beyond that in the workplace. I worked for this company for 4 years. I ended up being terminated after I suggested and started organizing other coworkers to form a union so that we could be heard. The culture of the workplace often has coworkers taking out their anger at management and the situations they're placed in on each other. Which can lead to a very toxic workplace since employees don't feel empowered to speak to -

Pros

Guaranteed overtime, Decent pay, Healthcare options

Cons

Management doesn't listen, An hours inconsistent, pressure to finish work regardless of outside issues

Horrible

You only get what you want when you sleep with the management. The supervisor on night shift is a pervert and so is the production manager. If you’re a girl then you’ll have a better experience here, I’m sure!

Pros

Cons

Too much overtime. 6 ten hour days a week

Horrible work place

Worse job and mangers I have ever worked in. Very toxic, constant blame with no support. Very military. Anger flows and drives what they call success.

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Modern day slavery

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tempur + Sealy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8