TELUS SPARK

TELUS SPARK Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
It’s a god place to work but the pay is really low . It can be fast paced, depending on the number of school kids around.

It’s a fun place to work honestly and a lot of advancement opportunities if u have a degree or experience. But if you don’t your stuck on the pay without raise.
during my time at Telus I definitely enjoyed the ambiance and the security. everyone there was really nice and fun while the security made me feel safe. I really enjoyed the cleanliness and the opportunities there at Telus spark.
Severe lack of communication among departments. This problem is being addressed by the new CEO and will hopefully get better
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lack of Communication
Telus Spark is a vibrant, fluid company that is not stuck in silo mentalities. All departments seek influence and input from all over departments. Employees all take proliferate in stealing shamelessly from others ideas and building upon them .
There seems to be inclusiveness and diversity in abundance in hiring philosophies so employees tend to be in that mindset before coming aboard . Amazing melting pot success. Cod be some improvement of recognizing that some age discrimination has taken root. It’s as if looking to the future means only hiring young... without recognizing the experience of that acquired with age.

If Spark paid better I believe employees would never leave. It is the dream job of a lifetime. Just saying.... the work is that fun and rewarding!
Pros
Autonomy, independent thinking, trust, engagement
Cons
Pay
Depending on your role, there can be lots of time commitment outside of regular business hours. Good place for keen, eager people looking to gain new skills and take on new challenges.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Low salaries
Facilitate visitors in science, technology and art based experiences, including gallery and exhibit interpretation, and leading inquiry and skills- based activities or programs
The organization went through a big change in direction in 2011. It was previously regarded by community with fondness and affection and were hoping for a bright, optimistic place for informal learning. In its new form it has become an organization that has developed a patronizing, elitist attitude towards its customers. How can you trust a science centre that doesn't even have the word "science" or "learning" in it's mission statement?

The result has been a disillusioned staff that tries to sell a "museum" to calgarians who react with either indifference or displeasure.
Pros
excellent support staff
Cons
leadership is disconnected with what public really wants and needs
As a professional event manager it was a challenge to work in an environment that did not support my department. The expectations with regards to work load and hours of work were not condusive to a reasonable work/life balance.
Cons
Very long hours
I'm currently the Marketing & Communications Intern at TELUS Spark; the new science centre. A typical day of work includes crafting social media content on Twitter and Facebook, researching events and festivals where our core audience will be present, and representing SPARK as a Brand Ambassador through the Outreach program. When I'm in the office, I have the privilege to work alongside the Marketing & Communications Team which guides me in the direction I need to go. What I like most about working at TELUS Spark is the warm, friendly and relaxed environment. Upon arriving for my first day I was introduced to the whole team, given a tour, and prompted on my first job. They keep me busy, and there is a never a dull moment. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm working with a fun, diverse and unique non-profit organization who is taking what I have learned in the classroom and allowing me to utilize it in the workplace.
There's very little to actually do but the managers keep one eye on you at all times so make sure you're at least pretending to be active and take your breaks where no one can see you. You should also be socially active and be warm and welcoming, I am a quiet guy and did not succeed here.
An overall great place to be !! Meet new people, learn new things everyday, the opportunities are endless and the higher ups are fantastic to work for. If you need new hobbies or want to make a difference they have a wonderful volunteer program.
Pros
free entries
Cons
crowded lunch breaks