TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

clean lunch area
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2018
Very Easy to balance worklife and balance with perosnal life management was very helpful and training was easy to do very tech savy and cultured was very comfortable
Great work life balance
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
As long as you are honest with your work life balance goals, your department is pretty good on honouring it. Being right by Go train Union was also a plus. Lastly the work dress code was casual so you decided to where a suit or wear jeans
Fun a place to grow
MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2018
- Busy but fun.
- opportunity to do a variety of things.
- management style really depends on the manager
- Fun a lot of team building experiences
monthly contests
Client Care Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 March 2018
a typical day at work would be receiving several calls per day regarding billing issues, ordering services and add ons, escatations, taking payments, processing credit checks. A busy work environment. I have learned to have a thick skin and to have great listening skills inthis position.
Pros
contests win points to redeem gifts depending on revenue
Cons
no cons
No real complaints
BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2018
I have been working for TELUS for 20 years and have no real complaints. If you really want job advancement, you need to be in one of the major centers. (i.e. Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal)
Pros
Work Style, Benefits
Telus.. formerly ISMBC
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 March 2018
Worked with a few Lotus Notes administrators. Very structured and union like. Job came with all typical perks associated with larger corporations. But I think the company has gone through a few transformations since my departure.
As good a place to start as any.
Sales/Trainer/Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2018
Telus had a really vicious workplace culture when I was there. It was always very very competitive, there was always someone stabbing someone else in the back to get a job, or to get ahead. The management is the worst for this. I found the hardest part of my job at Telus was dealing with the interpersonal relationships, if you make a comment about anyone, even in passing, it will come back.
Pros
Great pay and benefits!
Cons
The people who work there.
Systematic and well organized work space
FULL STACK DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 March 2018
I am working as a private contractor in Telus. It has good work space culture and great management. We meet our work deadlines using Agile methodology by keeping daily Stand-ups.
Amazing place to work at
Technology Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 March 2018
Working at TELUS was amazing, the culture, atmosphere and the management were perfect. You get to learn a lot regarding the environment of TELUS. One of the best companies to work for.
Pros
free phones
Great company
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
Amazing work life balance - best employer ever.
This is my second stint with TELUS and colleagues become like family. Ability to work from home is second to none.
Huge Corporation
Corporate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
Productive workplace
Fast paced
Learned a lot about wireless communications
Work location was not in down town Calgary
Free parking
Professional people
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Good learning grounds for keen high performers
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2018
If you put in the hours and generate results you are rewarded. However, career progression can be slow. Organization is not the most agile in the industry.
Great corporate culture & coworkers, but silo-type issues abound
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2018
I worked in three different business units within TELUS over 12 years, and while I had wonderful coworkers in each position, each of the three could have been a completely different company. In one the leaders were prone to micro-managing, but loved giving recognition, in another we had almost complete freedom but rarely had any sense of how we were doing outside of performance reviews.

I admired the "We give where we live" campaign, and always appreciated both the push to volunteer as a team and the donation and private volunteer hour matching programs. Shame that the call centres (at least while I was there) didn't get to do any of their team volunteering "on the clock", while other groups often did.

In my final role, I was on a team that was able to work from home 50-75% of the time, which I loved. Simultaneously though, a team with a similar function in a different business unit (who I often worked with) went from one day in the office a month to two days a week. Because of the commute change almost all of the Vancouver- and Toronto-based people either retired or resigned. Even though it wasn't my team, I spent months trying to get answers to questions that those people would have answered in minutes. Maybe the business impact of having people in the office twice a week was worth all of that, but I was frustrated and I was only indirectly impacted.

All that said, I loved working there. And if there weren't limitations on salary growth when changing jobs from within I would have happily stayed until I retired. Definitely a great place to start your career or
  more... (from what I've heard) to move to mid-career.  less
Pros
Work from home, opportunities for lateral career moves, cable/phone service discount
Cons
Business units could be different companies, low salaries when moving up within the company
Great work environment poor pay
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2018
Working here has been awesome for the last 13 years. The people and work environment are second to none. Work life balance and overall engagement of employees is a real focus for the company.

Due to the job security and high work life balance, TELUS tends to pay lower than most places I have researched.
Pros
Spectacular work environment
Cons
Slightly below average pay
Good first sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 March 2018
Great job for building sales experince and for no education needed the salary is surpassingly good. most co workers are really pleasant and the targets aren't overwhelming.
Pros
learning opportunities and good pay
Cons
hard to move up
Great environment
Senior Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  British Columbia27 February 2018
Met some of the best coworkers here. The working environment is very relaxed and the management is very useful for helping you gain skills to help your sales experience
na
Sr. Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 February 2018
Work on a fast paced agile project management environment under minimal guidance. Both independent and collaborative work are the key to the success. However, most PM in the projects are lack of technical knowledge and misinterpret the meaning of technical problems and usually causing confusion to the team members and somehow delay the delivery timeline. Project management and escalation process needs to be improved more down the road.
Pros
flex hrs
Cons
micro management
This was a great place to work and learn many different skills.
Corporate Health Services - WCB Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 February 2018
The work/life balance at TELUS was a great benefit!
I was able to work from home during a family medical crisis, which enabled me to maintain my job at the same time as being available to attend appointments and care for the family member during the height of the crisis.
The workplace culture at TELUS definitely was a place where you were not only working, but you were gaining many skills that enhanced and advanced the jobs that you could move into. There was much opportunity for growth within the company.
Great teamwork
Customer Systems Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2018
Overall a great place to work. Great Management and teamwork.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with new problems/cases every day, but even if sometimes we found big technology challenges, we could always count on the support and collaboration of the team to succeed.
TELUS used to be good
Business Performance Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2018
I worked at TELUS for 10 years. It used to be a great place to work until they started the "Future is Friendly". That's when it went downhill and they re-orged to the point where it was a terrible place to work. No life balance, no recognition, no vacations and no salary increases. Just a bunch of people stabbing each other in the back with lies.

They lost that lovin' feeling....
Pros
Technology
Cons
Poor Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.