TELUS Communications Employee Review

View all TELUS Communications reviews

Productive and hands on experience
Business Solutions Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2014
Installing and repairing phone and DSL lines.

I learned a lot about infrastructure of public Central Offices and PBXs. I also learned about cabling and how to install and troubleshoot.

I had my own van so I would rarely see co-workers unless we needed to help each other out.

Hardest part of this job was being 15ft up a pole in -45 degree weather in Edmonton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing different places everyday and coming across interesting issues.
Pros
Driving everyday
Cons
Working in cold weather

Other TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Network Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2018
TELUS is a great place to work. Great work life balance, stable, 2nd largest telecommunications service provider, culture is great, open to feedbacks and service evolution.
Work place
Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 April 2018
Good Place to work, enjoyed working with my assigned customers.

Some of the changes to my team at the higher levels of management made my job difficult. The regular movement made it difficult for the culture to develop.

Lots of talk about training opportunities but, as my team was moved around that actual commitment to training was an issue. Training was committed to existing teams most often. Additionally, when training was available it was not provided to team members committed to the team. several times other team members completed training only to leave for other opportunities.

Recognition program are good, when you reach them or have the right team.
Compensation is good, if you choice to participate in the Stock program, Pension and others.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Team movement and support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.