TELUS Communications Pay & Benefits reviews

Fantastic place to work for.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2018
Telus has been a fantastic place to work for. They make the atmosphere and environment very fun and engaging. The training provided was very helpful towards the success of my employment here. The trainers at this company have proven to be one of the best I have encountered. They were there to answer any questions and concerns and was very supportive. The benefits and salary is very competitive.
Comfortable Work environment
Service à la clientèle/Support technique (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 May 2018
Great support /
New computers
New Phones
Nice cafeteria
Great Bonus Program
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Weekends and late shift for newcomers
Great pleace to work
Customer Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
great pay, great benefits, great people , they have great meetings to keep you informed all the time, very team oriented place, always keeping you informed and trained in everything new
Great work/life balance - little room for growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
headline covers it. Manage your own time to get things done. Titles don't align with salary expectations, and salary doesn't match the work that is expected.

Great place if you like what you are doing, but very little room to grow.
Good place to work in telecom industry
Retention specialist II (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC9 May 2018
Good pay and benefits is what draws people to Telus by far. The work culture is palpable but you must be able to socialize so an investment of your time will take you places here.
Benefits
Cons
Call centre environment with shift work
Nice Work place and get experience
Help desk specialist / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 April 2018
Good place to work at if want to learn fast or grow. Management always seem to change as you can have 2 to 3 managers in 1 to 2 years. Get to meet new people and have lots of opportunity to grow and use to E-learning tools to get certificates in things you love for free.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Weird hours and management switch a lot
Work place
Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 April 2018
Good Place to work, enjoyed working with my assigned customers.

Some of the changes to my team at the higher levels of management made my job difficult. The regular movement made it difficult for the culture to develop.

Lots of talk about training opportunities but, as my team was moved around that actual commitment to training was an issue. Training was committed to existing teams most often. Additionally, when training was available it was not provided to team members committed to the team. several times other team members completed training only to leave for other opportunities.

Recognition program are good, when you reach them or have the right team.
Compensation is good, if you choice to participate in the Stock program, Pension and others.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Team movement and support
Bad Business & Management
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 April 2018
Stressful and demoralizing job.
Shady business practices.
There is no life/work balance and having to be available 7 days a week from 7AM to 9PM ruins relationships & families.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2018
Very friendly environment. The company was outsourcing payroll to Telus, and then repatriated back. Hardest part of job was to keep the mistakes to a minimum given the workload kept increasing. The most enjoyable part of the job was flexible hours.
Pros
Christmas dinner with gifts at no cost
Cons
when employees left, they were not replaced, and worked added to others remaining there with no compensation
Good Company
Consumer / Small Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2018
Limited room for advancement at retail level unless you work full time. Overall, great company to work for in terms of organizational culture and Benefits
Lots of room for advancement or lateral movement
User Acceptance Tester (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
Great benefits. Good salaries. Tends to have a reputation for getting rid of management. Loved working here. Took a package. Lots of opportunities for training and advancement at the time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad union
foosball and big screen
Traffic Network Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2018
good job when you have a good manager, otherwise can be torturous. Managers are often rotated out that can ease this, but at same time , seems like always resetting priorities
Pros
pay is fair
Cons
benifits being clawed back
No real complaints
BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2018
I have been working for TELUS for 20 years and have no real complaints. If you really want job advancement, you need to be in one of the major centers. (i.e. Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal)
Pros
Work Style, Benefits
As good a place to start as any.
Sales/Trainer/Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2018
Telus had a really vicious workplace culture when I was there. It was always very very competitive, there was always someone stabbing someone else in the back to get a job, or to get ahead. The management is the worst for this. I found the hardest part of my job at Telus was dealing with the interpersonal relationships, if you make a comment about anyone, even in passing, it will come back.
Pros
Great pay and benefits!
Cons
The people who work there.
Huge Corporation
Corporate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
Productive workplace
Fast paced
Learned a lot about wireless communications
Work location was not in down town Calgary
Free parking
Professional people
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Great corporate culture & coworkers, but silo-type issues abound
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2018
I worked in three different business units within TELUS over 12 years, and while I had wonderful coworkers in each position, each of the three could have been a completely different company. In one the leaders were prone to micro-managing, but loved giving recognition, in another we had almost complete freedom but rarely had any sense of how we were doing outside of performance reviews.

I admired the "We give where we live" campaign, and always appreciated both the push to volunteer as a team and the donation and private volunteer hour matching programs. Shame that the call centres (at least while I was there) didn't get to do any of their team volunteering "on the clock", while other groups often did.

In my final role, I was on a team that was able to work from home 50-75% of the time, which I loved. Simultaneously though, a team with a similar function in a different business unit (who I often worked with) went from one day in the office a month to two days a week. Because of the commute change almost all of the Vancouver- and Toronto-based people either retired or resigned. Even though it wasn't my team, I spent months trying to get answers to questions that those people would have answered in minutes. Maybe the business impact of having people in the office twice a week was worth all of that, but I was frustrated and I was only indirectly impacted.

All that said, I loved working there. And if there weren't limitations on salary growth when changing jobs from within I would have happily stayed until I retired. Definitely a great place to start your career or
  more... (from what I've heard) to move to mid-career.  less
Pros
Work from home, opportunities for lateral career moves, cable/phone service discount
Cons
Business units could be different companies, low salaries when moving up within the company
Good first sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 March 2018
Great job for building sales experince and for no education needed the salary is surpassingly good. most co workers are really pleasant and the targets aren't overwhelming.
Pros
learning opportunities and good pay
Cons
hard to move up
TELUS used to be good
Business Performance Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2018
I worked at TELUS for 10 years. It used to be a great place to work until they started the "Future is Friendly". That's when it went downhill and they re-orged to the point where it was a terrible place to work. No life balance, no recognition, no vacations and no salary increases. Just a bunch of people stabbing each other in the back with lies.

They lost that lovin' feeling....
Pros
Technology
Cons
Poor Work Life Balance
great workplace
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 February 2018
nice work from home flexibility, friendly environment, a bit slow at times and often need to rush to compensate. not worse than anywhere else. salary freeze in effect, hard to get a full time job
Great culture, great work life balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, Canada18 February 2018
Great culture, great work life balance. Internal promotion salary increases are limited, hence if you are a high performer, you may want to look elsewhere for compensation more in-line with market.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Internal promotion salary increases are limited, even for those performing very well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.