TELUS Communications Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 259 reviews matching the search See all 1,086 reviews
Telus
Incident Manager - Solutions Management (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 August 2018
Such an amazing company to work for.

Lots of room for growth ! Endless opportunity.

I myself work 3 - 13hr shifts a week. Salary. Then 4 days off. What company gives you this option ?!
Pros
Flexible, good benefits, room to move
Cons
Shift work
Fun place to work
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
Great work culture but there is a lot to be desired in terms of compensation. It is not Okay to have salary freezes year over year while execs walk home with bonuses.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Low Pay
People are good but when your specialty id mute, they let you go
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
I would rather not provide this type of review as I was only employed for three months. Once I completed training to a fellow Co worker, I was released with a compensation buy out
A good company to work for with great benefits
Network Project Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2018
I worked in various roles within my departed. It was great to learn from so many wonderful coworkers and their knowledge. Everyone was so willing to help and encourage others. I had the privileged to work on our converged business landline and mobility team assisting with correction of accounts, implementing correct packages to accounts, converged billing resolution and audit reporting.

I moved to the construction department where I was a network project coordinator responsible for organizing network build in northern Alberta, ensuring all construction teams, sites, material were available to meet completion target dates.
Pros
union and benefits
Cons
reactive to consumer issues
Pays well but not worth the money
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 August 2018
I worked here for almost 2 years. It was great unless you were not in good with all the management team. I have a mental disability and was forced to resign because their health team wanted to know what I was going to do right on the spot. Then when I got back on track they had me on their do not hire list. Wow. Thanks TELUS....not.
Pros
free food, bonuses
Cons
working late all the time and not being treated fairly
Good work / life Balance.
(Canada) as Sr. System Analyst - II (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 July 2018
a. Tech Growth is good.
b. Great Leadership and Management
c. Not good in terms of salary package.
d. Good working environment and great work culture.
Fluctuates constantly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 July 2018
Typical day at work? You stand around waiting for a few clients to come in. Occasionally you'll get a rush of 15 people within 1 hour which can't be handled in that short period of time.
Management can be unfair and favorites certain employees.
They're making major cutbacks. The people there are okay, some are nice, some are complete sharks.
Hardest part of the job is knowing some months you'll barely get paid. Also, dealing with a barrage of ridiculous questions from people who don't understand what Google is. You have no idea how many times i literally google something and show the customer, and they still except me to read it off to them as if they don't know how to read. Simplest of questions become hours of wasted sales time while your associates laugh at the misfortune that has fallen upon you. They do "learning sessions" which offers people to come in and ask any question about their device, which you don't get paid for. People can book hour long sessions, which again, you don't get paid for. You get paid for performance, not productivity.
Most enjoyable? Watching Netflix while you sometimes only see 1 client in your shift.
Pros
When the pay is good, it's good
Cons
No salary security. Hours and pay fluctuate CONSTANTLY.
Cold and cut throat place to work, high stress
National Marketing Communication Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2018
Work load is not evenly distributed, Upper management abuses company budget which takes away from frontline and middle management. High stress and long hours.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Excessive work load, high stress enviroment
good to gain sales experience
Door to Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 July 2018
The job is interesting as you can talk to various customers, but you have to search them out by knocking doors one by one. Also, the job doesn't have a salary as it is commission based, so you have to work for what you get, literally. Takes a while to get a client base so that income becomes more stable.
Pros
sales experience and kind superiors
Cons
need willpower and strong sales skills
Great Beginning Job
Commission Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON16 July 2018
For young people looking for a job that pays well, even if you are part-time, Telus is a great position. Base Salary + Commission structure is generally fair, company benefits are above the industry average for part-timers. Your experience is heavily dependant on the store you are working for, and the Manager you will be working under. Telus prioritizes customer experience, which is something to feel good about in a monopolized telecommunications industry.
Pros
Discount, Insurance, Flexible Hours
Great place
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2018
Great place to work!
Amazing culture and the pay was really good!
good benefits for families and amazing work/life balance. lots of room to move up too.
close knit staff, always alot of fun in the office
Customer Service/PRESTO Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2018
There were different awards given and the management always made a big deal of it, it made you feel good. There was a lunch room and a cafeteria and a gym on premise for employee use. The more you worked the faster the raises came. You got one every 900 hours Great place to work. I miss it
Pros
lots of fun
Cons
Amazing job if you are full time.
Sales Representative; Key holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2018
Part time positions won't do so well, as the hours are lacking, but full time positions make very good money with amazing benefits. Would recommend to everyone if it was a full time position. As well as the leadership is relaxed and very friendly all the way up.
Pros
Great pay, leadership.
Cons
Sometimes your productivity is a little high.
dynamic workplace with amazing atmosphere
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
My years at Telus made me who I am today. Management was always ready to praise hard work and push you to do better. some of the best years of my life.
Okay
Client Service Manager (Territory Account Manager) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2018
Great work life balance and flexibility.
Great benefits.
Great culture and opportunities for growth and learning.

Salary isn't the best.
Typical corporate culture; can take forever to implement change or get a simple thing done
Best place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2018
I cannot count all of the benefits of working at TELUS. This was the best company ever to work for.
I left to start my own information technology business.
Pros
flexibility, work/life balance, salary, benefits, great management
Cons
harder to move up, so many other very talented people
most amazing culture i've ever had the pleasure to be surrounded by
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ LOCATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 May 2018
absolutely amazing job culture!!! the pay was strictly commission however the atmosphere and the learning experience and all the other benefits was so worth it. unfortunately i had to leave because I left the province, however i would love to work for TELUS again.
Pros
culture, benefits, growth oppertunities
Cons
commission based salary
Fantastic place to work for.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2018
Telus has been a fantastic place to work for. They make the atmosphere and environment very fun and engaging. The training provided was very helpful towards the success of my employment here. The trainers at this company have proven to be one of the best I have encountered. They were there to answer any questions and concerns and was very supportive. The benefits and salary is very competitive.
Comfortable Work environment
Service à la clientèle/Support technique (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 May 2018
Great support /
New computers
New Phones
Nice cafeteria
Great Bonus Program
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Weekends and late shift for newcomers
Great pleace to work
Customer Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
great pay, great benefits, great people , they have great meetings to keep you informed all the time, very team oriented place, always keeping you informed and trained in everything new

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.