TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

How many bot submissions did telus buy?
A real person making a real submission (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC21 June 2018
Company has a poor reputation has poor pay doesnt look out for staff. Will sell customers highspeed services knowing there is no technical possibility of supporting the speed sold. Promos are horrible and every service requires a 2 year contract.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great place to work with world class professionals
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2018
Spent seven years working with some of the best people I've ever met. Professional, passionate, driven and collaborative. A real world class organisation.
Very poor place to work, you are nothing, just a number.
Cable Repair (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC12 June 2018
The first impression looks good, you get on and then after a bit, you truly see what is going on here. You are forced to work for less and less, billing customers for more and more. Contractors will replace you if you don't and soon the depression sets in, you feel trapped, you have invested so much and feel you can't quit, so you trug on and pretty soon you are replaced any way.
Pros
some work clothes that seldom fit right.
Cons
Very demanding goals, unrealistic work ethic.
dynamic workplace with amazing atmosphere
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
My years at Telus made me who I am today. Management was always ready to praise hard work and push you to do better. some of the best years of my life.
Work at telus
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2018
Working at TELUS is a wonderful experience. It enables you learn every day and provides you opportunity to grow your career. I started my career in Quality Management and then wanted to move to my core skill set which is Project Management and found myself an internal opportunity. TELUS provided opportunity to me to grow my career.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Option
Cons
Work Life Balance
Enjoyed working there
ECG Enterprise Contract Governance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2018
I'm told by others that my enjoyment there had everything to do with the Management Team I was under. The work in ECG was interesting, required focus and time management. I would have stayed but they outsourced the department to the Phillipines.
Great floor staf, terrible managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 June 2018
Family own company that talk alot about family culture but won't let family work together unless it's upper managment
Alot of the administrative strain is delegated to the floor staff
Commisons are good if you can get them
Pros
Friendly floor staff
Cons
Bad and lazy managment
Exciting and productive workplace with table tennis table in the empty floor "Recreation Area"
Contractor-Canadian Network Installations Ltd (Current Employee) –  East York, Ontario1 June 2018
Really exciting and productive workplace with table tennis table in the empty floor "Recreation Area"
They are an iconic international telecomm company known for their incredible customer service and quality service assurances. Their people make the difference. It was enjoyable and honored to be part of it for 11 years on my life.
All the best to the all management team, keep the best workplace culture ever!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Keep Going!
lieu d apprentissage
Représentante au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2018
j ai beaucoup aime comme premier emploi , on y apprend beaucoup.
Pros
bonne formation
Cons
salaire
One of the best places I have ever worked for!
Executive Assistant to VP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2018
Telus is a beautiful company that truly knows the meaning of work-life balance. The recruitment process can feel a little longer than other companies, but that is because they take their time to make sure the company and people are a great match.
Okay
Client Service Manager (Territory Account Manager) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2018
Great work life balance and flexibility.
Great benefits.
Great culture and opportunities for growth and learning.

Salary isn't the best.
Typical corporate culture; can take forever to implement change or get a simple thing done
Best place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2018
I cannot count all of the benefits of working at TELUS. This was the best company ever to work for.
I left to start my own information technology business.
Pros
flexibility, work/life balance, salary, benefits, great management
Cons
harder to move up, so many other very talented people
most amazing culture i've ever had the pleasure to be surrounded by
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ LOCATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 May 2018
absolutely amazing job culture!!! the pay was strictly commission however the atmosphere and the learning experience and all the other benefits was so worth it. unfortunately i had to leave because I left the province, however i would love to work for TELUS again.
Pros
culture, benefits, growth oppertunities
Cons
commission based salary
Fantastic place to work for.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2018
Telus has been a fantastic place to work for. They make the atmosphere and environment very fun and engaging. The training provided was very helpful towards the success of my employment here. The trainers at this company have proven to be one of the best I have encountered. They were there to answer any questions and concerns and was very supportive. The benefits and salary is very competitive.
Good learning environment, but a stressful one
Malware Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
Although there is much to learn from the various engineers and researchers at Telus Security Labs, I cannot commend the level of needless scrutiny over the product. Despite the clients being completely satisfied with the product, the managers insisted on needless changes which produced counter-intuitive results.

The relatively relaxed environment complemented the rigorous work.
Pros
Wealth of knowledge and experience
Cons
Difficult to integrate with the work culture
Comfortable Work environment
Service à la clientèle/Support technique (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 May 2018
Great support /
New computers
New Phones
Nice cafeteria
Great Bonus Program
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Weekends and late shift for newcomers
Csr
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 May 2018
Great pay and benefit for this type of job. Great job opportunity for advancement within the company. Union protected so you will never need to worry about loosing the job without a reasonable explanation.
Great pleace to work
Customer Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
great pay, great benefits, great people , they have great meetings to keep you informed all the time, very team oriented place, always keeping you informed and trained in everything new
Good place to work, declining culture
Director, Business Strategy Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
While the organization is great for junior to mid-level management the culture becomes very toxic and political at senior management levels. Stress and pressure are pushed down across senior leaders, and many funnel that down to their teams as they struggle to contain and manage it.
Great looking store locations, lots of features that customers love
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2018
I already knew most of my selling ability prior to arriving to Telus so the transition was easy. For the two people I trained there, I would say just don't be shy and have confidence when speaking to customers. The more confident you are, the more the customer will listen and adhere to your advice. The co-workers are great, and the most enjoyable part of the job is making sure customers are getting what they need and also ensuring we still hit our targets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.