TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for
Regional Administrative Assistance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2018
I can't say enough good things about this company. Hands down best place I have ever worked.

Balance, opportunity, collaboration and AMAZING people.
Good employer
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 August 2018
TELUS does try it's best to make the office a nice and relaxing place to work. If you are happy to speak to people and have wonderful patience with other people's attitude then this a wonderful place to work. Great team member, managers are pretty good and they love to provide free food :D
Cool place to work
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2018
Overall I loved working for Telus. I worked in a call center in Montreal. The work life balance was good. There was a definite corporate culture. I felt supported the whole way. If I didn't move out of province I would still be working there. People stay 10-20 years there happily. In a call center that is unheard of
Telus
Incident Manager - Solutions Management (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 August 2018
Such an amazing company to work for.

Lots of room for growth ! Endless opportunity.

I myself work 3 - 13hr shifts a week. Salary. Then 4 days off. What company gives you this option ?!
Pros
Flexible, good benefits, room to move
Cons
Shift work
Fun place to grow
Producer/Director/Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
Very dynamic companies geared to moving ahead and involving all people on staff. Opportunities to expand experience and to offer suggestions and improvements.
Fun place to work
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
Great work culture but there is a lot to be desired in terms of compensation. It is not Okay to have salary freezes year over year while execs walk home with bonuses.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Low Pay
Depends if you like sales to start your Career
National Help Desk Team / Edmonton (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2018
The people are amazing, but the management will run you haggard. Typical call center work with metrics and personal goals. Your co-workers will be pretty great to hang out with, but its hard to connect when you have some pretty high standards over your head. The hardest part would be to meet all your metrics as they are blanketed as if everyone should get the ideal call, but sadly they don't leave much room for "empathy" calls.
Pros
work inside, learn about computers and how to sell.
Cons
Unreal metrics and micro-managment
People are good but when your specialty id mute, they let you go
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
I would rather not provide this type of review as I was only employed for three months. Once I completed training to a fellow Co worker, I was released with a compensation buy out
Great Place to work!!
Business Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
Work and life balance are one of my reasons I loved to work @ TELUS. Its Big company but most of the leaders are available and always communicating. Your hard work, innovations and being a team player are recognized.
A good company to work for with great benefits
Network Project Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2018
I worked in various roles within my departed. It was great to learn from so many wonderful coworkers and their knowledge. Everyone was so willing to help and encourage others. I had the privileged to work on our converged business landline and mobility team assisting with correction of accounts, implementing correct packages to accounts, converged billing resolution and audit reporting.

I moved to the construction department where I was a network project coordinator responsible for organizing network build in northern Alberta, ensuring all construction teams, sites, material were available to meet completion target dates.
Pros
union and benefits
Cons
reactive to consumer issues
Pays well but not worth the money
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 August 2018
I worked here for almost 2 years. It was great unless you were not in good with all the management team. I have a mental disability and was forced to resign because their health team wanted to know what I was going to do right on the spot. Then when I got back on track they had me on their do not hire list. Wow. Thanks TELUS....not.
Pros
free food, bonuses
Cons
working late all the time and not being treated fairly
Great work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2018
Flexible work hours where I can work from the office or from home. Great support from management for career development. Hardest part of the job is adapting to outdated systems
Pros
Work from home
Good work / life Balance.
(Canada) as Sr. System Analyst - II (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 July 2018
a. Tech Growth is good.
b. Great Leadership and Management
c. Not good in terms of salary package.
d. Good working environment and great work culture.
Great work Culture.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 July 2018
Its is an easy going, supportive work environment. Great work life balance - as they allow you to work from home 1-2days every week. Because of these qualities they are able to retain their workers/employees for long. They pay lower than other, that's the only downside.
assistant manager
Customer service / sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2018
learned lots about cell phones and interactions with costumers, got to open and close the shop and manage inventory. learned a lot of information and experience when it comes to costumer service
Pros
assistant manager position
Cons
bad costumers
Fantastic Training Ground
VP Finance & Controller Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON; Edmonton Alberta24 July 2018
TELUS had a great leadership team during my time there.

Training and development opportunities were provided to me throughout my tenure, These opportunities ranged from leadership development seminars to projects associated with national expansion.

An exceptionally professional environment where high performers were provided mentors and given exposure to top level management.

Days could be long but they were almost always fulfilling.
Pros
Professional Development, Opportunities to advance, Exposure to numerous projects, Innovative
Fluctuates constantly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 July 2018
Typical day at work? You stand around waiting for a few clients to come in. Occasionally you'll get a rush of 15 people within 1 hour which can't be handled in that short period of time.
Management can be unfair and favorites certain employees.
They're making major cutbacks. The people there are okay, some are nice, some are complete sharks.
Hardest part of the job is knowing some months you'll barely get paid. Also, dealing with a barrage of ridiculous questions from people who don't understand what Google is. You have no idea how many times i literally google something and show the customer, and they still except me to read it off to them as if they don't know how to read. Simplest of questions become hours of wasted sales time while your associates laugh at the misfortune that has fallen upon you. They do "learning sessions" which offers people to come in and ask any question about their device, which you don't get paid for. People can book hour long sessions, which again, you don't get paid for. You get paid for performance, not productivity.
Most enjoyable? Watching Netflix while you sometimes only see 1 client in your shift.
Pros
When the pay is good, it's good
Cons
No salary security. Hours and pay fluctuate CONSTANTLY.
Cold and cut throat place to work, high stress
National Marketing Communication Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2018
Work load is not evenly distributed, Upper management abuses company budget which takes away from frontline and middle management. High stress and long hours.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Excessive work load, high stress enviroment
It was pretty cool
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 July 2018
I worked here for a year. The culture is very laid back and they offer you flexible work from home hours. All the people are very nice and you can have support if you need it.
Best company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
TELUS has been my work home for the last 20 years. What started out as a part-time summer job has transformed into an incredible career journey. We have a strong culture of continuous improvement and innovation, backed by a fantastic senior leadership team. We work hard, yet we have also a strong work-life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.