TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Found 1,691 reviews matching the search
Equality and fairness is a top priority as well as its employees.Encouragement and recognition are at the forefront of this company as well as fulfilling its promises to Employees.
Pros
Great values and culture of respect
Cons
Salary could be better but still good.
Environnement de travail sédentaire, équipe agréable et environnement organisé. Plaisir en général avec collègues et supérieurs. Télévision offerte dans la salle des employés. Points forts : Super environnement de travail.Sale d'employer incroyable.Employers bien traités.Aide de l'équipe en tout temps.(Selon les horaires) heure de dîner complète.Chaises et bureaux ajustables pour travailler debout ou assis. Points faibles : Horaire en fonction de l'ancienneté.Aucune flexibilité d'ententes entre travailleur et supérieur.Défis mensuels superfétatoires.Travail très répétitifs.Travail majoritairement anglophone.Travail très immobile et requiert un casque d'écoute qui fait mal aux oreilles à long terme.
Pros
Cadeaux aux travailleurs pour leurs efforts quotidiens
Cons
Pression de performances malgré leurs artifices
A titre de sous-traitant, nous devions aider Telus dans l'implantation de son réseau de fibre optique en incitant les propriétaires d'immeubles à logements à pré fibrer leurs immeubles.
I have to say when I started I was so happy. I loved the atmosphere , loves the pay and especially loved my manager. But then buyouts starting happening and moral within the office dropped because they were grasping at straws to remove agents. My manager was the only reason I know a lot of my co workers stayed. But then my manager was asked to do others managers jobs and eventually was mistreated by other managers and operations managers and it created a toxic work atmosphere. So much that when my manager left our whole team applied to other departments just to get away from the disgusting way they treated my manager. I used to love coming to work until I didn’t. Management is toxic , backstabbing and will do anything to get ahead. Since I had a new manager I have never felt like more than a number than I did before I left. You are number and nothing more we all feel this way but most are to afraid to speak up because of how we are treated when we do.
They really live their values. Telus really functions as a team. A rare company that actually values their retail employees. Great benefits. Excellent training!
Was promised a Monday-Friday job. Once in the culture they "embrace change" and teach you about culture later without being forefront about their processes. That changed. My role was s technician, a job that should be valued and focused with. It is a hard roll to fully understand and to craft. You will know a great tech that visits.. Unfortunately telecom companies don't value this. They then changed role to "Product solutions advisor"(sales). On top of the stressful work load and metrics you will be advised to sell or be singled out in condisending group efforts to make dollar end for the company. Customers in their premise don't want to be upsold or cornered into pressured deals they don't need. They want great technical service.
Pros
Great benefits, great people in field to work with
Cons
Sales as a tech (Huge mistake). Disorganized communication with upper management.
My personal review one of the best place to work good staff Members always be friendly with smile always motivate people on the floor. Best trainers.
Cons
Telus finance department has a toxic work environment. If you’re planning to join Telus then i’d suggest apply somewhere that isn’t apart of finance. The manager’s lack leadership skills and rarely support team culture. Lack of job security as you’re hired as a temp full-time and you will stay as a temp for at least 3-4 years (no benefits). There is favouritism and everyone gossips. There is barely any acknowledgement or recognition for your work. Manager has used language that isn’t appropriate and will call you names. Toxic managers result to toxic coworkers - stepping on eggshells.
Pros
Working hours were early, some work from home.
Cons
Management, temp role, no job security as a temp
Pay at Telus is among the best in the market. Very few companies in Canada pay more for any given job title. Also with Telus, you get to have best in class perks and benefits. Work environment and most people, especially in main buildings, are great.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Health Insurance, Work/life balance, Work Culture.
Cons
A little too many organisational structuring going on, also Telus acquires smaller companies all the time, and if you get hired in one of those smaller centres, you'll find it challenging to feel part of Telus, as the culture and people working with you will be originally from that smaller company.
TELUS is a great place to work! I work on a team that makes a big difference and has good team values. IT provided the best perks for a well-run tech company without the superfluous distractions. I loved my LONG time there as a contractor, despite not being a badged full-time employee.
Rapidly adapts to changes (i.e. adjustment of workflt during Covid lockdown). Accommodates role changes temporarily for health, family/personal reasons.
Pros
Lots of contests for free lunch, bravos (gift cards) etc
Telus is truly an amazing company to work for. Everyone is very well paid and has great benefits. Its very fast paced and sales focused. The only down side is honestly the customers. Over 20 years in customer service and I have never encountered such rude,entitled and even violent customers.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work life balance
Cons
Customers
I've been working with Telus for 14 years. An excellent place to work. Supportive management, fast paced environment. Strong tech skills required. Exemplary customer service skills required. A great career.
Pros
Rotating schedule, pay is good, room to grow
Cons
Occasional weekends. Some evening work
The company has gone significantly downhill. Management has terrible people skills no care for their people. The people that get ahead have questionable morals and standards.
Pros
Well recognized company
Cons
No work life balance, poor management, no employee support
Sadly, as time goes on and Telus has to provide constant growth for it's shareholders/BOD...it means slowly but surely stripping away at benefits, pay and even jobs on shore to outsource call centre work to the Philippines, and to contract out good paying, skilled jobs to the lowest bidding contractor available. (most of my job was cleaning up super sloppy/unsafe contractor work)Culture has become so toxic because of all the changes that have taken place over the last few years many are leaving in droves. (which just means that Telus wins...) The Union is a joke, it has no power and won't protect you or help you. This isn't any specific person's fault, but the overall complacency and inability of the workers to stand together as a whole.Make no mistake - if you take a field job - your main role is NOT to provide/fix services, your main job is now to SELL SERVICES while you are in the home in front of customers. And if you don't do this, or can't do this - you will be reprimanded formally, and eventually fired.No ability to move up in the company as they do not want union members to succeed/grow with the company. They want to break the union and get all of those workers out. (to save on benefits, full-time pay and pension contributions)The current director for Calgary is a smooth-talking "car salesman". He'll present and tell you one thing, to avoid conflict in the moment, but he'll do things completely the opposite to keep his seat at the management table. He is ruthless and heartless and does NOT care about the people. He only cares about numbers and getting his bonus. - more...
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, pressure for overtime, pressure to sell and no career advancement
Very stressful environment. So many young people crying in the bathroom. Pushy sales culture lead to wrong behaviors. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They allow their employees to take verbal abuse from clients. Management were being promoted because their friends were in management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
late shifts
The culture starting going downhill. As a technician we had pride in our job but as time went by they started making us work like slaves. They want to make you work as fast as you can and take as money jobs as you can and still expect that quality service. The repair jobs are almost patch jobs since they give little to no time to fix the problem. Also they want you to become a salesman.
Pros
Your co workers are awesome people. Very down to earth
Cons
Management treat workers like slaves. Not your direct manager but the higher up.
Client experience work tasks are greatly varied. A typical day would consist of taking on a variety of calls, emails, chats relating to customer experience and needs or supporting the case agents helping said customers.
Pros
Good salary, benefits, employee purchase plans, pensions, etc. possibility of working from home
Cons
Too much tolerance for customer abuse towards frontline agents, Performance standards were subjective.
great place to work,Employee centric, good pay, great teams, loads of training opportunities, more opportunities to grow, not a lot of hand holding, mentorship not so great
I have delivered my best efforts in making my job responsibilities efficient and effective . The company is highly esteemed and reputed, although I have completed all my tasks to make it even better.
Pros
Free Uniform and I pad.
This job is a very good introduction to customer service. Recommend for anyone who can handle a fast-paced environment with lots of calls of various types. There is constant support from peers and everyone gets along well.
Pros
Full time hours and more, easy work
Cons
Shift times can be tough, 1030pm or 4am start timings most of the time, Can be very inconsistent, So you can work late shift one day then early the next day, Sleep pattern and general life outside of work easily disrupted, BUT still worth it once you get used to it and trading shifts is an option.