TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Valeurs de l'entreprise et avantages sociaux au delà des attentes
Analyste et représentante de ventes service client (Former Employee) –  Rimouski15 October 2018
Une compagnie d'avant-garde, soucieuse de la communauté.
Salaire concurrentiel, avantages sociaux, bonus de rendements, journées mobiles etc.

Veille au dépassement de chaque employé, possibilité de télé-travail.
Pros
Bonus mensuel et annuel, vacances trpo semaines dès la première année
Cons
Beaucoup de statistiques performances
good work place
Design Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 October 2018
good work place and good learning and contributing environment.
Good team and plenty of scope to grow. Accessible by car and bus. good restaurants available.
Fun and exciting work place with many benefits.
Sales Representative/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB10 October 2018
This job helped me step more out of my shell and not be so shy. Before working here, I couldn't even talk to someone without turning red. My coworkers became family. Even after leaving, I continue to visit them and stay updated with their lives. I never expected to get that out of a job. The hardest part of the job was some clients, but the manager always had my back when things went wrong.
Enlightening Place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 October 2018
Great team, location and compensation. Allowed to work dependability as required with the back up of a great team. New product and technology introduction
Management is very poor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 October 2018
The management team in Barrie is very poorly run. No Apathy, do not value employees and no room for growth or advancement beyond there.

Lots of politics

The pay is good and the people who work in the call centre are amazing!!
Pros
good pay, nice peers
Cons
scheduling sucks, poor management, very little advancement opportunities
Call center technical support
Data and Network Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
I worked here for 7 years. Typical call center, very busy very structured. Great fellow employees and the managers are very engaged with the staff. Did not have alot of experience with upper management.
Pros
Job security (Union)
Cons
Call center, always busy
Independent dealer
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
Independent dealer handles corporate and business clients and brace yourself for tough working environment. Standard commission doesn't apply since it's not directly govern by Telus and you get to service all the tough clients with minimal support, yet wage is considerably weak compared to other competitor.
Pros
Not pushing the sales
review
Service 2.0, FFH (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 October 2018
they will work hours that not conductive to a work life balance. Then they will start to crack down on the time that you spend away from the company. then make sure that you tow the company line
Pros
cheap cell phone
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beinn Scalpie, NS30 September 2018
I enjoyed my time here. The people were good. The work was good. Overall, it was good. Filling in this review is required. I do not have much else to say.
OK place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2018
Telus had its ups and downs for me when i worked there. Some good thing and some bad. Call center job and dealing with a lot of clients both happy and upset.
Big company, many opportunities
Regional Outbound Sales/Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 September 2018
good overall company to work for. a lot of people end up as contractors which can be a pro or con depending on what you're looking for.

culture is do your job keep your job. It's sales. cant speak for customer service positions.
Pros
lots of lateral options
Cons
large company with bureaucratic tendencies
Target oriented
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2018
Focus in targets, every morning starts checking previous results from the day before and planning the objectives for the days ahead. Coaching the team it is the funniest part most of the times, but the hardest as well when we have to redirect some behaviours.
Great company
Digital Home Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 September 2018
Great company and wages.
Good job security and work/life balance.
Lots of room for growth within company.
Most positions are union however benefits take awhile to kick in.
Environnement de travail productif mais mauvais horaires
Agent de service à la clientèle et vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal24 September 2018
Une journée type est une journée de 20-25 appels entrants des clients pour diverses demandes. On soutien aussi des membres internes et clavarde aussi. J'ai beaucoup appris sur la vente vue qu'il y avais des objectifs et bonus.

La compagnie est très diversifié donc ouverte a toute les ethnies et d'autres aspect.

Je pense que c'est une très bonne compagnie mais pour la première année seulement car ils positionnent les point forts de la compagnie le mieux possible et ne montre pas les faiblesses. Ils sont très bon pour manipuler la perception de l'entreprise en satisfaisant les employé temporairement. C'est très difficile d'avoir un bon horaire si on n'a pas le status temps plein. Donc un work/life balance difficile à atteindre car les horaires change beaucoup. Un employé doit attendre environ 5 à 6 ans avant d'avoir un ancienneté adequate.

Pour aider, la possibilité d'échange d’horaire est disponible.
Pros
salle de télévision et de jeux
Cons
Courtes pauses
Great Company
Senior Customer Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 September 2018
Great opportunities abound at TELUS. From solutioning to marketing. From Management to individual contributor. Great place to work. CEO knows his stuff.
Pros
Mobile workforce enables flexibility
Cons
n/a
Too long ago
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 September 2018
Telus doesn't care about people they employ. If you don't like it, leave, we will hire someone off the street to replace you, mentality. I was hired with Clearnet Mobile which was total opposite of Telus. We tried to get union on Ontario offices like they had out West but they fought us and won. Employees were treated like dirt. Making money mattered most not the employees.

Might have changed, please let me know...
Bonne entreprise
Spécialiste en technologie de l'information (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2018
Telus est une excellente compagnie qui s'investie beaucoup dans les familles.
amazing company who treats their employees great
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2018
amazing! honestly the best employer ive ever had. every single manager i had through my 2 years there were amazing. they have amazing one on ones every week as well as team building. lots of oppurtunity to move up. and alot of training. so youre always prepared. love telus.
Great Company
Area Sales Manager Barrie/ GTA West (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2018
Enjoyed working for a progressive and innovative client. Fast paced and high velocity sales. Always changing . Enjoyed the work life balance challenging at times
Always looked forward to going to work; peers made it a great place to work.
Management Professional / Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2018
When I left TELUS, a typical work day in management usually ended up being approximately 10 hours. I never stopped learning through my tenure. Opportunity to grow was always there! Management was empowered and engaged in all process and practice changes. Workplace culture was quite good, although as the permanent employee outside workforce downsized, the culture became less robust. The hardest part of my job at TELUS was the constant changes and challenges that resulted after the merger with BC Tel. My fellow employees at TELUS were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Empowered in the workplace
Cons
Rift between TELUS British Columbia and TELUS Alberta.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.