TELUS Communications logo
TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Found 1,719 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,782 reviews

Poor Salary

For a technical role salaries are very poor. There is micromanagement which is very annoying. When I was there I didn't see growth opportunities. Employee turnaround is high as well.

Pros

No work after office hours

Cons

Poor salary and no career growth

Productive and engaging

* A typical day at work* I have skills of receiving and sorting.* Time management* Everyone follow the work culture over there.* Receiving units because we have to check each device just in the front of screen* No discrimination everyone enjoy job because of engaged manager.

Pros

Good guidance

Cons

Computerized work for 8 hours

Money hungry corporation

This company will find a way to pay you as little as possible. You don’t even make minimum wage (they pay $13/hour) but they try and justify it with commission which they are constantly lowering. They claim they provide 2 weeks paid vacation but if you request time off you rarely get it because every store is understaffed (again to pay less). They have very high and unattainable sales goals and if they are not reached you get threatened with a write up. The ONLY pro to working here is the occasional target incentives and benefits. Do not work with Telus if you value your time and mental health.

Pros

Occasional incentives and benefits

Cons

Long hours, low pay, and disrespectful to employees.

Rocky experience while I worked at Telus Health

During my time with the company I saw a high turnover. People around me were constantly leaving due to frustrations with leadership. There is a lack of focus coming form top-down and a low level of transparency. Recently many VPs, directors, managers, and software developers have been let go due to restructuring. I saw morale go down and it was a difficult time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Low pay compared to market, lack of focus, bureaucratic

In constant reorganisation, cliques and poor management

The only advantage to TELUS is salary and benefits. Otherwise, it is very a clicky workplace, where friends promote each other without merit and management is very poor. They tend to look up but not down so team spirit is very difficult to have in this type of environment. My coworkers and I were miserable, the ones who stay, stay for money.

Pros

salary and benefits

Cons

miserable work life

Good place to work and grow

I was with the company for nearly 15 years. It afforded me a lot of opportunity and room to grow and learn. I can only speak to non-union roles, but the pay is bit on the lower side generally speaking, but benefits are fairly significant. Between year end bonus, health benefits, and various service discounts you can likely add another ~8k to salary. Lots of focus on development and training (at least in the areas I was in). The culture was generally very positive and a huge increase in focus on mental health over the past few years. Toxic management is generally weeded out in one way or another. In 15 years I think I only interacted with a small handful of less than desirable management/executives who were never with the company for terribly long.

Pros

Positive culture, Focus on growth, generally great management

Cons

Generally lower payscale

Used to be great but not that much now...

I worked at TELUS for 14 years and at the beginning, it was a really nice place to work. But 6 years ago, everything fell apart. First, they closed an entire IT department to transfer the jobs to Philippines. After that, our department was transferred to another one that was totally unrelated to our work! Finally, when a person left or retired, they were not replaced. The workload was increasing but there was no additional hiring. The bosses always wanted more with less. We needed to do overtime and after business hours to be able to deliver. We also had to be on call! I had enough and I left. It was the best decision ever!! TELUS just doesn't care about your life or family.

Cons

Overtime, more with less, doesn't care about your life

sans ambiance

j'Ă©tait sur de pouvoir Ă©voluer mais non simplement caller

Pros

plaza st-hubert

Cons

pas de chance d'Ă©voluer

Horrible Employer..run away ..!

Middle to Senior management have no interest in improving the organization. The only thing they concern themselves with is whether you stroke their ego's or give the proper respect due their "title" even the individual does nothing to earn that respect. Advancement's and rewards seemed to be strongly based on favoritism and outsiders and their backgrounds are made to feel unwelcome.

Pros

Cons

Swing a cat...too many to list

Great company to work for and grow. Enjoyed working at Telus until a headhunter contacted me and offered a great opportunity I could not refuse. All the best to you

Jobs at TELUS Communications

See more jobs

Do not recommend

I definitely would not recommend this job to others. You're hired as a part-time agent and it takes years until you're actually given full-time status. They have incredibly difficult and unrealistic metrics that they require you to meet. Management is monitoring everything that you do and even if you're meeting performance metrics, they still will ask for more from you. They really don't seem to care about you, you're simply a number and can easily be replaced. The calls are very stressful as the majority of people you'll speak with are typically irate about their bill, issues with their services, or the wait times for calling in. Scheduling doesn't offer much for work life balance, so you'll have to work frequent late shifts and weekends. The only positive things that I have to say are that the benefits are good, pay is decent, and there are a lot of great co-workers.

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay

Cons

Everything else

how does company handle new employee

there is onboarding process for new employee, which is super at least company considers its important new employee workspace is looked after at start of this critical junction of the new employee interaction with his boss, peers and go to.good support from peers to get help on the job taskswork areas interest to me and can provide new works within the company

Pros

Wfh

Cons

long hours and night shift

bonne compagnie

paye bien. bon bonus. bon salaire. bon vacances mais beaucoup de stress.

Pros

bon salaire

Cons

tu n'est qu'un numéro.

Terrible

They don’t appreciate the work you do. All jobs not in Ontario. Treat you poorly. Management is poor. Everyone is annoyed of the job know. Let people go now for ridiculous reason. Offering packages hoping you will go. Work 8 hours a day to meet metrics and continuous changing things. You have to send bogus surveys to client and be rated. Everyone is just waiting out for better packages.

Pression Ă©norme

Le travail se fait par télétravail et la direction donne beaucoup beaucoup de pression sur les statistiques de performance. Un appel après l'autre sans arrêt, 90 secondes pour finir la prise de notes et formulaire entre chaque appel etc. Vous êtes surveiller à la seconde. Si vous quitter en pause à 15h17, vous avez intérêt à revenir à 15h32... pas 15h33 ni 15h31. Si vous avez envi d'aller au toilette, les boss vous répondres que les pauses sont fait pour ca et si vous avez envi entre temps, c'est interdit. Ambiance très désagréable, nous prennent pour des robots et n'ont pas de coeur avec leur employé.

Pros

Bon salaire

Cons

Direction sans coeur, pression Ă©norme, surveillance accru de chaque fait et geste, Ă  part le salaire tout est pourri et corrompu

Unrealistic KPIs

There unrealistic KPIs are a big disappointment. They want you to keep customers happy but do not give you the tools or resources to do so. Thier KPIs are unrealistic, and very messed up. If you have to take stress on each call, welcome to the club.

Job was good people were friendly pay was horrible dont work their if you need money now

Pay was not good at all it could take you a whole month before you make a sale and get paid only 30 dollars for it over all people were kind the money just wasn't there until you got further in the work

Great place to work...

It was a great place to work, and very competitive at times. But any sales rep loves that.. incentives were great and commissions fair...I would recommend it to anyone looking for an entry job into the sales world... It a great stepping stone for most.

Pros

Discounted vell phone plan and cell phone.

Cons

Customer's sometimes hard on you

Don’t care about anything other than wasting resources and time as well as sales if you sell your safe if you don’t your public enemy

As per union repI’ve seen TELUS go from bad to worse to disaster one of the most toxic employers to work for. You have no job security if you are not making your manger money from sales commissions and upgrading customers. I felt like I was working for a pimp.

Great place to work but not competitive pay

Telus is focus on work life balance. It's a place where they do care about this value. The opportunity cost is that salary is not very competitive. I guess the trade off is that if you want top dollars then you will have to work on high stress job. I would recommend working at Telus if you want a relax family friendly environment but salary might but be as competitive. (This could have been specific to my department /group)

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Not competitive pay

Doesn't know what they are doing

The company is a bureaucratic nightmare and when you have an issue don't expect help, contact HR and see if anyone gets back to you or figure it out through their internal websites. Management is only out for their own jobs, they don't care about front-line staff and they understand staff will either be soon replaced, quit, be fired, or burn out so there is no effort made to keep them. The work from home during Covid is a mess, equipment is low end and does not do the job. My advice if you get a job, buy your own headset, keyboard and mouse because what they send is junk. Consider why they are always hiring, even now when no one is, must be people leaving due to the stress or why leave a job when few are out there? If there were more jobs in the market I would be looking for a way out. Worst decision I ever made to work here

Pros

Cons

stress, unknown policies, terrible internal communication despite this being a telecom, the amount of self-congratulations they give themselves for their business is nauseating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement