Telus

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Found 595 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,046 reviews
balanceculturecentresalarycanadateamlifetechnology

A very large Globally growing company, overall a good pensionable job.

Featured review

Telus selected this as a representative review
An example of Large company which offers employees good benefits like education, work life balance and a pension plan. If somone wants to stay long term, they will be rewarded with a good setup for retirment.

Stressful and disrespect

Job is too stressful and they will throw you out at any time without any notice . The salary is still good but they don't listen to an employee at all and even if you are working for them for 5 years no respect for the time

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Stressful and disrespectful management

Insights into Telus

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Getting Worse Everyday

It used to be a good company which treat its workers fairly but not anymore. Expectations are through the roof but there is no support from management. Tools & procedures are degrading everyday in the name of enhancements.It seems like that senior management doesn't care anymore.

Pros

You get pay

Cons

Low salary, poor management, unsupportive tools & systems

Good Company to work for with great pay, benefits and work-life balance

TELUS is a great corporation. But lately, they've been offshoring their workforce.Sure there are jobs in Canada, but slowly, most coveted positions are given to offshore.

Pros

Remote work from home. Pay. Benefits

Cons

Being a super agent. You'll never escape the trenches.

Good company

Great, innovative company. Management is young and there can be pros and cons to that. Leadership can be competitive which leads to other challenges but in general, well-being is frequently talked about and the company is very culturally diverse. Worklife balance is challenging but in general it’s a flexible environment. Work from home is full time.

Pros

Benefits, diversity, opportunities to network outside your team and move around the orginization

Cons

Competitive young managers, work life balance, pay

Amazing workplace, many opportunities and experienced management

Telus is a wonderful company to work for and I am honoured I had the chance to work there.They have amazing and supportive management, plenty of opportunities for advancement and wonderful benefits, including the EAP.This was my first job out of College and the skills I learned working in account management are skills I have used in every other job since and will use for the rest of my life.

Pros

Wonderful management, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Fast paced environment

great career advancement opportunities

a typical day is very busy queues are usually full of customers eager for options. Problem solving, and connecting as well as understanding customer needs is crucial to be successful in this position. Employees are compensated with great benefits, and pay. The hardest part of the job can be getting used to rotation schedules.

Great place to work as long as they keep your job in canada

Great place to work with great benefits and schedule. Management was decent some better than others. The union keeps some less than optimal employees around.

It once was a great company

A few years ago when I first started it was amazing. However, they have been offshoring so many jobs, the management is now toxic and not supportive.

Pros

Union, livable pay, good benifits

Cons

Constant mouse monitoring, high targets, low support, contradictory information.

Environnement de travail toxique selon le département

Après plusieurs années à performer à un niveau supérieur, la compétition devenait féroce et les enjeux atteignaient un niveau personnel.Les derrières années de ma carrière au sein de l'entreprise furent très difficiles. Beaucoup d'injustice et de discrimination. La perte de mon emploie est lié à la dénonciation de comportements irrespectueux et le non respect du code d'éthique par les membres du département dont j'étais associé.

Pros

Avantages sociaux et salaires compétitifs

Cons

Culture et éthique dans certain département ne respectant pas les valeurs de l'entreprise

It was good

It was good pay benefits I only left because of some personal issues. Otherwise I would’ve stayed. The clients have the same as they are everywhere else.

Sad place to work at

If you want to be promoted here, you have to rub elbows with the right people. You can be the best employee here and they will still let you go while other employees doing the bare minimum gets to stay.

Pros

Salary and benefits are good

Cons

Unfair treatment to employees

Always opportunities to grow your career, if just starting out.

Good work / life balance.Work from Home opportunities.Great vacation allotment.Pay and benefits are within Industry standards.Very team orientated environment.

Pros

Great Place to work

Cons

Na

Do not recommend

If you really need a job, it could be worse. However, the schedule was awful, no ability to predict when you would be working. Difficult to get a raise. Your hours could fuctuate wildly from 40 hours per week plus OT to 15 hours a week or less. Super angry customers. Not allowed to go to the bathroom outside of your break unless you produce a medical note. Did not like the culture. They do offer great heath benefits though.

Pros

Excellent heath benefits, being employed

Cons

Everything else

I had a great experience working for Telus

Telus is a great place to work. The pay and benefits is hard to beat! It’s also a unionized job which comes with many benefits. I worked there for 11 years and my only complaint is throughout the years they started offshoring a lot of jobs and the training wasn’t as good for new employees as it once was so there was a lot of damage control. I would recommend Telus as an employer

Good student job

Great job for students. Technology is always changing. Sales targets can be quite demanding at times, but it is fun once you get the hang of it. Commission structure is good, base pay no so much. Therefore you can get paid really well here if you put in the work.

Good pay if you are good at telecom

Great community of people, willing to help people learn and grow. Very inclusive work place, durham is hit or miss and going through a patch of managers, but overall I enjoy my time and feel valued in the business. Plus the group chat and celebrations for achievements are great, 4/5 reccomend TELUS as employment. Good benefits for part or full time - shine points and discounts.

fair salary, good union, good benefits. Learned a lot on the job. Was fortunate to work with a great team and supportive supervisor. Still using all the skills I've learned and also developed some processes of my own.

A good employer with a great culture

While TELUS needs to work on their compensation plan to update their rates, the company offers a good variety of benefits and growth plans. Mix that with a great culture and diverse working environment, TELUS is a favourable employer in Canada. There is a good work life balance and encouragement for taking time off for well being and mental health care

Terrible place to work as a contractor

Worked here as a contractor and it left much to be desired. There is no opportunity to move into full time positions. Very little room for growth or promotion. Raises are rare. No benefits, no overtime, poor salary. I found contractors are treated like a number in a budget and not like valuable members of the team. The culture was extremely toxic. Would never recommend anyone work here as a contractor.

Was good, hired now and you get peanuts

Previously better compensation, higher wages.If hired now more work and less pay.Great place to be 10+ years ago.Stats and sales are a must if you dont like to thrive at these attributes then look elsewhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement