Telus

Canada131 reviews

Found 131 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,045 reviews
balanceculturecentresalarycanadateamlifetechnology

Good student job

Great job for students. Technology is always changing. Sales targets can be quite demanding at times, but it is fun once you get the hang of it. Commission structure is good, base pay no so much. Therefore you can get paid really well here if you put in the work.

Good pay if you are good at telecom

Great community of people, willing to help people learn and grow. Very inclusive work place, durham is hit or miss and going through a patch of managers, but overall I enjoy my time and feel valued in the business. Plus the group chat and celebrations for achievements are great, 4/5 reccomend TELUS as employment. Good benefits for part or full time - shine points and discounts.

Insights into Telus

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Good student job

Really good student job. Making 30$ and more per hour, which is more than enough for a student. You get to see the new technologies, which is exciting.

Great job for tech-loving students

Great management, insightful trainings. Average pay. Post Covid-19 effects definitely impacted the sales and overall traffic in stores. However Telus does offer a great work-life balance especially for part-timers!

Good workplace for summer job

Great workplace culture, coworkers are willing to help you out. It's sub-contract work so managers are not as tough about quotas. The work days are pretty long and spent outside, but there's no base pay.

Pros

Friendly work environment

Cons

Unstable income

Relax job

Peacefull and relaxed at the store. Great teamwork and the team spirit is good. Everyone is included and they do make you feel like you are a part of the team.

Great Experience

Working for TELUS Mobility was a great experience. As long as you like dealing with customers, and fixing issues, then you'll be right at home. Like any call center environment you will have stats to maintain each month. There will be irrate clients which is what I really hated, but it's unavoidable, people will be upset from time to time.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Meeting monthly statistics

Overall Good Experience

I enjoyed working at the company. There was good teamwork culture and ample opportunity for advancement for those who were motivated and wanted it. Unfortunately in my region new management and cutbacks made it a little not worth the salary to stay. The commission structure gradually worsened over the 7 years I was with the company. Working in the technical/upper management areas would probably be the best places in this company.

Better be Managers favourite!

Had a meeting to discuss goals.. told Telus is supportive of people going back back to school, room to advance etc.. once I signed up for school and gave ability was told I no longer had a job

Pros

Discounts

Cons

You have to be lucky and a certain type of person to succeed.

If you're going to work as a door to door sales person, you're only getting commission. You have to be a very talkative and lucky person to succeed in that role. It is not for everyone and I'm glad I realized that after less than a week. I'm already bailing. Just a warning here.

Fast paced, call Center

I enjoyed my co-workers but did not enjoy the job at the call Center. It could be very stressful and the hours were all over the place. Lots of overtime

Great workplace environment

I learn a lot working here at telus. Great environment. Everyone is very friendly and supportive. Quite chill first job and would recommend others to work here

Stressful but can be rewarding

overall good place to work , good place to start out at . The pay isn’t the best for the amount of work you do . Also hard to move up. If you are able to move up it can be rewarding.

Great entry level job

Telus is a decent company to work for. A couple big red flags are the constant change in pay structure (that usually results in you losing money) and their management. They do not care how long you have worked there or how hard you work - only if your sales numbers meet their expectations.

Fun place

Not a bad place if you like working with people and learning the latest on phones/home security amongst other things. It’s competitive but if you have a nice team nobody is greedy for sales

Sales are king

Fantastic job and work culture if you excel in a sales based role. Success and compensation will largely depend on your ability to sell (and upsell) to your customers. Overall a great place to work with opportunity for advancements

Pros

Discounted cell phone plans and accessories

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling

Fun place to work at, amazing leaders

Lots of room to grow within the company. Amazing benefits, great compensation and the culture is excellent. The training is pretty great, and there are so many tools to help you look for opportunities to help customers.

Fun

Fun productive had a lot of great ways to learn awesome place to learn very cool nice please to learn great awesome nice and cool with good awesome cool nice

Great place to Learn and Grow as a person

I've been in this job for about 2 weeks now and I'd say it's great. I learned (and still learning) a lot of things in the sales department, and everyone is very supportive of you. This job is basically like a family, where you grow together.IMO the only thing that's hard for this job is it's commission based, so it's 100% on you how you make money. However, I dont think it's that bad as I made my first 2 sales this week I started selling only yesterday (Monday). So take it from me that as long as you know your products, you should be fine.Overall an amazing place to work. It'll give you essential life skills and I think that's extremely valuable.

Competitive and fastpaced work environment.

It was a good experience but workplace is competitive and fast paced. Sometimes need to go above and beyond "expectations". Management was understanding but sometimes needed to reach the "sales target" which was very hectic.

Fun workplace to work

Supporting team,depends on which location you working.opportunities to grow within company.Supportive management.Stress free environment.Most importantly great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement