Telus

Canada42 reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,045 reviews
balanceculturecentresalarycanadateamlifetechnology

Long hours but good pay

Really appreciate the time I spent working at this company. I learned a lot and was able to put my skills to use on many occasions. I had to leave for personal reasons.

Pretty bad

Not a good place for a first time job, specifically selling their security which uses invasive strategies to push people into buying security and data they don’t want

Insights into Telus

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Not for me

Manager was busy with 3 stores, never here, it was a good person but could not handle that amount of work and it figured in the store, and the missing support. The salary is only good if there are sales and most of my time here the mall was not busy at all so I was not making a lot of money, just enough to pay my bills. They are understaffed since I started and cannot keep employees, mainly because of management and pay in my opinion. Quitting for those reasons.

Pay is below the average market value for position

Retail is a tricky figure to work out, with pay and commissions. Things can be chaotic At Telus, is nothing but chaos here are some examples of how the company is lacking in enticing their employees.The training for this company is below standard in my books, they arent transparent in telling you that you only get minimum wage for training. There is no ramp up or anything. Apart from that: Telus gives better employee discounts through the third party sellers than they do in corporate. They give us 40% off our first line and the rest is history, according to a friend that works at a third party reseller. They get 50% across the board on their services.Also, in store discounts are pretty bad. We get coupons for accessory discounts limited up to 3 per month. On select cases, 40% off, 30% chargers and 20% on (select) audio. Commission pay out is very chaotic bc they pay you per our based on what you sold. The computers you work at are uncomfortable, they screens are bad for your eyes. The internet at work is awful for both employees and customers, customers have to use their email and info to get onto the wifi and if their phone doesnt recognize the secure certificate then they get locked out for 2 hours. Telus doesnt pay us enough hourly to take care of clients when they have a issue or trouble shooting question. So often enough we decline to help customers because of that. All I can say is, the pay isnt great, the perks are bad, and if you dont live close enough to your store, its almost a waste in gas to get there

Great chill job, but beware of your manager + customers.

The overall job is pretty good. Not to difficult/stressful, unless you have a bad manager (like I did). My manager literally cost me my employment, but if you get hired at Sunridge or Market Mall you'll have great managers. Customers can be annoying, but that's any retail job. Pay is good for the work you're doing (45k/y if you're decent).

Pros

Commission is generous, job is not too stressful, good coworkers.

Cons

Potentially bad manager, bad customers

Benefits and pay are pretty good for being in town, with no degree requirements. Day to day tasks are fairly easy as long as you are personable. One if the best places I've worked.

Would not recommend working for this company at all

This company doesn’t care about their employees. Management is horrible. Can’t hold staff. And you won’t have a life out of work. There is better work out there.

Fun place to work and learn

Working with Telus you learn a lot about the industry and about people. Throughout my time with Telus, what I’ve really enjoyed is the work life balance and different competitions to get swag

A relaxed job with the ability to earn a lot.

How much you earn is entirely up to you. Teams are usually very supportive and managers are with in every step of the way to ensure you're meeting your targets.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Part Time Benefits

Do not work for Telus in Medicine Hat

Very bad experience. Terminated after only a month without any warning or explanation. Very little formal training. No coaching or feedback arranged. Was told when hired that working while having mental illness and occasional physical pain due to fibromyalgia would not be a problem but when needing a break was judged by coworkers. The manager actually pulled the employee away from helping a customer to be terminated on the spot. Could have done it prior to shift start. Very unprofessional!

Job was good people were friendly pay was horrible dont work their if you need money now

Pay was not good at all it could take you a whole month before you make a sale and get paid only 30 dollars for it over all people were kind the money just wasn't there until you got further in the work

Terrible

Just awful management the pay is great but managers would have me cram as much product into little bins in order to push products onto people that they don't need. Absolutely corrupt!!!!!

Pros

Breaks when you need to take them

Cons

Management and greedy corporate overlords

Great environment, staff and growth opportunities!

Telus offers a safe environment for employees to feel empowered as sales advisors. It is great to be a part of a team and culture that promotes growth on a daily basis!

It was stressful but good

Fast paced, management was ok aside from taking staff sales but apparently got better. Hours varied depending on staff and pay varied based on how busy it got. Lots of training involved for all parties but worth it for professional skills

They don't care about their employees

They will promise you a lot of growth and opportunities, but they really don't care as long as you meet your sales goal. The commission is terrible ever since they changed their commission structure. Management is terrible too, arrogant and full of fake promises

Love this job

Great environment, like a family, great benefits and pay, overall def reccomend. Very flexible and lots to learn but worth it, get to make great connections with customers as well.

Amazing company

Hands down one of the best part time jobs I’ve ever had. Very sad to have left this company. Hoping to go back in the near future!! Manage is amazing hourly plus commission is wonderful.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes slow

Good

have been working at TELUS full-time (More than a year) Pros - Great benefits for FTE - Office environment can be fun and people are fun - Well known brand - Flexible work schedule and able to WFH Cons - Very slow moving with a lot of politics - Org structure seems to change a lot - Teams do not talk to each other, creating a lot of technical and design debt - Ambiguity on raises and compensation

Fluctuates constantly

Typical day at work? You stand around waiting for a few clients to come in. Occasionally you'll get a rush of 15 people within 1 hour which can't be handled in that short period of time. Management can be unfair and favorites certain employees. They're making major cutbacks. The people there are okay, some are nice, some are complete sharks. Hardest part of the job is knowing some months you'll barely get paid. Also, dealing with a barrage of ridiculous questions from people who don't understand what Google is. You have no idea how many times i literally google something and show the customer, and they still except me to read it off to them as if they don't know how to read. Simplest of questions become hours of wasted sales time while your associates laugh at the misfortune that has fallen upon you. They do "learning sessions" which offers people to come in and ask any question about their device, which you don't get paid for. People can book hour long sessions, which again, you don't get paid for. You get paid for performance, not productivity. Most enjoyable? Watching Netflix while you sometimes only see 1 client in your shift.

Pros

When the pay is good, it's good

Cons

No salary security. Hours and pay fluctuate CONSTANTLY.

Fun Workplace with Newest Technology in Smartphones

A typical day at work involves opening up accounts, upgrading existing customers, and often solving customer conflicts. It is required that the sales associate displays patience, and is able to calmly redirect a customer to appropriate resources to solve their problem. It is required to be up-to-date with the newest technologies as you must be well educated on the product you are trying to sell to a customer. The hardest part of the job is understanding that you are the face of the company from a customer's perspective, which means that in many situations you may be blamed for something you have little or no control over. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are a part of a positive company which supports growth and promotion, and employee success.

Pros

Health Benefits and Phone Discounts!

Cons

Long Hours

If youare into sales - can be well paying

Like any sales job, there is opportunity for great money, but you have to work hard and invent things to get things going. Some training and resources are given to you, but you are mostly on your own to figure things out. Standard sales job. Worked out of a dealership, not TELUS directly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement