Telus

Canada41 reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,045 reviews
balanceculturecentresalarycanadateamlifetechnology

Stressful enviroment.

My review is simple: - Company's culture seems very perfect, but the management doesn't apply it well. When I started working for the Telus, the employee was treated like a human being, but later on, it was all about the money and productivity. No breather. Screen were monitored by your supervisor. - The pay is great, and the customer service training is definately a PLUS point. It'll be handy and valuable for a long time. - The Director and the Management team don't care for the team members, all they care about is numbers and resaults. - I was a leading star for 3 semesters in a row (top 10 in canada), yet was always asked, why it took me too long after the call to write my notes, why my mouse did not move for 42 secs....

Pros

Training is valuble The pay is good

Cons

Stressful enviroment

great career advancement opportunities

a typical day is very busy queues are usually full of customers eager for options. Problem solving, and connecting as well as understanding customer needs is crucial to be successful in this position. Employees are compensated with great benefits, and pay. The hardest part of the job can be getting used to rotation schedules.

Insights into Telus

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Run away from this greedy company

Run run away from this company. Do not recommend to my worst enemy. Ceo sucks, and upper management is no good!Toxic environment. Constant mouse movements and micromanaged to the max

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Everything. Greed, toxic

I had a great experience working for Telus

Telus is a great place to work. The pay and benefits is hard to beat! It’s also a unionized job which comes with many benefits. I worked there for 11 years and my only complaint is throughout the years they started offshoring a lot of jobs and the training wasn’t as good for new employees as it once was so there was a lot of damage control. I would recommend Telus as an employer

Loved it

Great carreer advancement opportunities, the team is nice and fun, it is stressful at times as you need to meet certain objectives and or take on a great amount of calls . management is awesome , knowledgeable and ready to help at all times especially in the montreal office .Great culture

Room for growth

Room for growth and great company with great benefits. They have great bonuses. However managers can be micro managers the overall team is fantastic.

Amazing environment and pay!!

Can’t complain!! Work for a union so you feel secure! Very well managed and believe in people environment and people in general!! Telus believe in their name and their clients!! And employees!!

A poisoned work environment.

Work culture at TELUS is based in fear, the pay is the only worthwhile thing and they use that as leverage to routinely take advantage of, and exploit their workforce.

great work but no personal life

Telus is a great company, the salary is great, the team is awesome but you dont have a personal life as you must be available all day until 23h00

Bullying by team supervisors is rampant

A great company deteriorated by toxic culture. Team managers back each other up and choke staff by metrics and shadowing, frequent write up on mistakes, instead of coaching. Unhealthy, nonsupportive, toxic work environment. Specifically for some demographic base. (not disclosed)

Telus

I worked as CSR for 17 year's at TELUS, that included many job duties and tasks of an inbound call centre. I have had the opportunity to work along side manager's and gain experience over the year's.

Great.

Great company. Great work life balance Call volume can be challenging diverse clientele Stuffy workplace culture. Great job! Job is unionized, average job security.

Client Loyalty & Retention

Great company to work Management is excellent Co-workers are amazing, always an opportunity to advance your career within. Benefits and pay is amazing

Pros

Pay, benefits, work perks & employee cellphone and plans amazing

Cons

No cons

great job BUT you can not have a personal life as business needs require employees to be available all the time

I would highly recommend this job to a young person looking to start their career and make decent money in a call center. The place is fun, it is top notch facilities, clean, great time spirit (at least in my team)

Pros

great atmosphere

Cons

hours

Great place

Great place to work! Amazing culture and the pay was really good! good benefits for families and amazing work/life balance. lots of room to move up too.

Great pleace to work

great pay, great benefits, great people , they have great meetings to keep you informed all the time, very team oriented place, always keeping you informed and trained in everything new

Good place to work in telecom industry

Good pay and benefits is what draws people to Telus by far. The work culture is palpable but you must be able to socialize so an investment of your time will take you places here.

Benefits

Cons

Call centre environment with shift work

Great benefits and salary

work life balance is non existent. Fast paced but relaxed environment. High pressure. Mentally exhausting. It's a great place to work if you don't have a family and don't mind working nights and weekends.

I very much enjoyed working at Telus. Arguing with people about cancelling their phone plans was actually a lot of fun. I developed very strongg communication and negotiating skills.

Free gym!

I enjoyed the culture. Work schedules where on a six week rotation which made long term planning impossible. Pay was reasonable and location was fantastic.

No room for growth, secured job

Call center environment. Not much space to grow within the company unless you expand your network and you have to fit in with a certain group of people.

Pros

job security

Cons

tied to a phone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement