Telus

Telus Employee Reviews

Found 1,756 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,823 reviews

Insights into Telus

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Very corporate, lots of change, strong values, and great benefits.

Working at TELUS has taught me a lot in terms of my skillset and also how to navigate a highly political, fast-paced environment. While it's progressive in its values, has a flexible work styles program, and offers incredible benefits -- and therefore has been the right employer for me during this period of my life -- I personally have found it too big and too corporate for my taste. The it's a high performing culture and people here seem to have immense reverence for leaders right or wrong, which is not the culture for everyone. A lot of TELUS team members are "lifers", largely because of the benefits and the opportunity to move onto new roles. The titles are confusing... for example, "Business Analyst II" is a hierarchical level and the job title on your offer letter, but your email signature would read otherwise (e.g. Project Manager, Culture and Engagement Manager, Executive Assistant, etc.)

Pros

Flexible benefits packages, $5K/year for psychology, pension and share plan matching, most people can work remotely, annual bonus

Cons

Very corporate and political, frequent org changes, lower than market salaries from what I understand

Great benefits

Great place to work! I enjoyed most of my time there. Would love to work for them again someday. I miss many of my peers and employees. Good pay nice benefits and great tools to get the job done.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Buyouts

A relaxed job with the ability to earn a lot.

How much you earn is entirely up to you. Teams are usually very supportive and managers are with in every step of the way to ensure you're meeting your targets.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Part Time Benefits

Unclear Expectations

Poor management and unclear expectations. No safety training, and training is very weak. They try to sell off everything to the customer to meet monthly requirements.

Pros

Work by yourself and never see management

Cons

Poor leadership

Greedy business.

In 2020, TELUS could have paid all employees 35k more a year and still made $2b+ profit.Instead they slowly cut the pay off their sales reps and other employees and they get everything they can from their customers.A typical big business who only want to make more money from riding the backs of their employees and their customers. I truly believe that this business is only making this world a worse place.

Pros

Cheaper phone plans

Great people culture

For a large enterprise they are very progressive. I was asked to become a mobile worker in 2004. Over the next 10 years I was there I never had a desk and most days I worked from home or on the road from other office locations

Na

Working remotely there's a lot of aspects that are pertinent for live interaction. As far as it goes seems a good place to work and grow people are willing to help in your learning curve. A new product require some times for integration

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Don't do it to yourself

Telus is the most abusive and punitive employer I have ever encountered. The only people Telus care less than for than their customers are their employees. The most sick and gaslighty environment one could imagine.

Relaxed and collaborative team environment but poor job security

I really enjoyed the work here, and the management team were some of the best people I have ever worked for. Job security is poor, however - if they want to keep talented people, they need to compensate them fairly and provide opportunities for future growth.

Pros

Interesting work, good team

Cons

Poor wages and job security

Sales Representrative

They are pretty open to new ideas. Work life balance is pretty good, option to go full remote gor FTEs. Would highly recommend this place for somone looking to learn new technology.

Charge de travail ne correspond pas au salaire

Le travail est bien, sauf que la charge de travail et les tâches augmentent, mais sans évolution niveau salaire.

Do not work for Telus in Medicine Hat

Very bad experience. Terminated after only a month without any warning or explanation. Very little formal training. No coaching or feedback arranged. Was told when hired that working while having mental illness and occasional physical pain due to fibromyalgia would not be a problem but when needing a break was judged by coworkers. The manager actually pulled the employee away from helping a customer to be terminated on the spot. Could have done it prior to shift start. Very unprofessional!

Lot of learning opportunity with decent pay

Management and team members were very friendly and supportive. Very positive work environment! Excellent training was provided. There were lots of additional optional courses and learning opportunities. I very much appreciated working for Telus!

Pros

Management and team very supportive

Cons

No cons

Not the best place to work for

There is a high turn over working at TELUS Health Care centre for many years now due to no growth in the company although they keep preaching about it, they are understaffed and work you like a dog, management does not take accountability when they make a mistake and everything is always blamed on you, there is no work/life balance and you can't afford to live in Toronto with the rate that they pay you, it is actually pretty sad, the only thing I can say is the benefits are good and the people I used to work with are nice.

Pros

decent benefits

Cons

pay is low and no work/life balance

Work-life balance

Ability to work from home is a plus. Management is very supportive of your goals. Many opportunities for advancement with the right skills. Inclusive and diverse culture.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Salary

awful

for them u just a number . kick u out anytime maybe just manager doesnt like you . no warning , then just fire . poor management doesnt listen to you at all . no person to them you are . u better like robot , no emotion . copy paste every second . waste a second ? you go .

Pros

no pros

Cons

stressful, unrespectful . no person feeling .

Mistreats and Fires Contractors Over COVID Safety Questions

I worked at Telus for over a year working on quality assurance for their video on demand services and was fired for asking questions about COVID safety protocols. Not only was I a contractor so I couldn't receive any benefits, but so was everyone else in my department, including my manager who had been there for 6 years. While there's space to move up, those opportunities are limited and only go so far. The actual office environment is nice - so nice that I had coworkers falling asleep at their desk. In September of last year they announced that they would be ending work from home and that all employees or most would have to return to the office to work. When I asked my managers about safety precautions being taken (me and my family are all elevated health risks) I received no response for a week until I was informed that my contract was being ended. Telus is a terrible telecommunications company that mistreats their employees.

Pros

Nice building, close to union station

Cons

mistreats contractors, poor COVID safety precautions, low pay

Learned a lot but poor work life balance

Great company to work for as you can learn a lot here and move around to various roles. Work - life balance is poor and difficult to advance to higher roles particularly if you are female.

10 years and counting!

Been at Telus for 10 years now and love the incredible life-work balance!Departments go through a lot of reorganizations but have had great management for the last few years!

Was brought on as Consumer Experience Manager, and no one to train me properly.

Left a good job only to fall in the trap of these people who like to call themselves the head honcos, one of whom is the son of the founder. No one trains you for management role as you are expected to "shadow" your own sales reps? Talk about your incompetent future manager? Don't walk...Run the other way!!!!!

Pros

Hours

Cons

No tech training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement