Telecon

Telecon Employee Reviews

Was good, then bad, and now good again

I really enjoyed my time here. They brought me in at a Jr. level, and pay was reflected in that. However, they soon noticed my potential and moved me up, and my compensation moved up with me, so don't be afraid of an entry level position. That being said, once I reached a level with a poor manager (of which it seems there are a lot) then my career stopped advancing, which ultimately caused me to leave the company as I felt there was no more room to grow.My fellow workers and my immediate supervisor where wonderful, which is why I was so loyal. I had a feeling of accomplishment and felt I was an important member of a team. I enjoyed the work and felt appreciated within my team.My biggest criticisms are the Sr. Management. They treat the workers as a necessary inconvenience and are always looking for a way to pay you less. It is always about the stick, and never about the carrot. Their philosophy is to get the best possible results out of cheap employees, and not to pay more for competent ones, or retain the ones already in the company. Another criticism is that no manager wants to accept responsibility for expenses. There were multiple instances where we were forced to do something that costs much more than necessary, only because we could then bill it to another department. Plus, there was a year where the Sr. Staff/Board made some bad investments and they put the burden on the employees in the form of clawing back of benefits and a wage freeze.The good news is the old CEO was terminated as a result of those investments, and the new one seems more accessible and appreciative -

Pros

Co-workers; Responsibility; RRSP Matching

Cons

Management; Career Advancement; Pay

Stressful and working hard

Very weak management. They could not realize who is working and who is not. Time management was very weak , always top level employee spend most of the project time for themselves , so the the employee with low level do not have enough time to finish the projects. Most of the people do nt stay more than one year.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Environnement du travail très agréable

Une belle expérience, qui t’ouvre les portes vers d’autres opportunités.

Pros

Café gratuit

Cons

Les salaires

Horrible place to work

I worked for Telecon for 1 year until I had enough of that place, they don’t care about their employees, the bosses pick favourites and aren’t afraid to show it, the management is horrible. I found working for Telecon kinda like working backwards, they would work hard and not smart, I’d highly recommend not applying there unless you want to be a locator

Toxic management

Management does not care about the field workers. Make cuts in the field to save a dollar all while taking safety measures away from employees. I.g. Not utilizing the hydro vac on a drill shot pull back to ensure that you can cross back over existing utilities safely. They say it’s full time work but expect to sit at home during the week because they are not ready for you on site, then they will expect you to make up for production loss that is at no fault of the worker and solely because of managements organizational skills. You want a day off work, your drilling partner will be sitting at home. If they don’t have 150 meters of drill shots prepped for the next day, you will sit at homeThey preach preventative maintenance on equipment but there are so many hoops to jump through by the time they get to it your piece of equipment is broken down, and you will be sitting at home not working until it is fixed. Used to be a great company to work for until this new management came in a little over a year ago. Run away

Cons

High stress extremely fast paced during dig season and almost guaranteed winter layoffs.

Depending on which area is being worked, some of the supervisors are extremely difficult to deal with most of the time. When mistakes are made they don't hesitate to throw you under the bus. You need to be able to deal with extremely high stress situations on daily basis as this type of work is crucial to lifelines to hospitals gas lines that sometimes break and puts people's lives at risk. So you need to be able to go home and sleep with a clear conscious at the end of the day knowing that you did your job with absolutely no errors. If you don't handle high stress situations well this is not the place for you!

Pros

Office Staff was great for the most part and usually very helpful!

Cons

Work Load is extremely high and can be difficult to manage within the allowable working hours.

From good to real bad...

This company was great to work for before they brought TRJ in for management. The new management has poisoned and completely kyboshed the work environment. I've never worked for a company that is so unorganized, rude, and most importantly unprofessional on almost every level. This "figure it out yourself" atmosphere with no training and continuous mistakes is painful to live through everyday. Best of luck to you if you do choose to work for Telecon..

Pros

Co workers

Cons

No overtime, low pay, bad management

For what you are expected to do you do not make the pay you deserve. And the benefits are are not very acceptable either.

Very poor pay for what you are expected to do. And benefits are very poor for what industry standards are. You feel very taken advantage of with this company. Most employees that came from the company telecon bought. We're very un happy with the way this company deals with things.

A good place to start

Was generally just an okay place to start your career. Pay is not iat per with competition, but enough to get by. You will enjoy some level of freedom too.

Disappointed

*Stressful start of day was a typical day at work.*Unable to upload days work due to 10+ yrs old computer, phone, etc. which made quarter of the day pass once upload is done to start working.*Management only cared about numbers, but it was not always accomplishable due to their old equipment.*Some racisms was part of the workplace culture.*Being outside is the most enjoyable part of the job. *Loved the nature of the job and learning all about being a Utilities Locator.

Pros

Being out doors

Cons

Old equipment

Managment lost contact the rank and file position as per daily basis

Not to be recommended to others looking for work, upper management dislikes job when it comes to an issue. Most on the design technician have hone out with a bad experience from work and management relationships..

Pros

Free Coffee and great condiments

Cons

Long hours of work

very Good compnay

Its very good company, help you all time to grow and motivate. you learn professionalism and respect to your employees. it is best place I have worked till date. Love You Telecon.

Worst place ever

What went wrong that your working at telecon? Some co workers are great but bosses and management is no good clueless people new to field were made lead hands after less then a week over employees who who had been there over a year because they were on there knees for the boss and even working Forman would screw up over once a week missed pipes hit lines wrong instructions don't ever work there

Pros

Home time

Cons

Every day

Awesome people to work with.

I worked with Telcon while I was a full-time engineering student. Due to the flexibility and cooperative management I was able to manage both well without stressing excessively

Pros

Great team

Cons

Low wages

Employment security if you apply yourself

If your self motivated, reliable and willing to do an honest days work you will be recognized and have secure income for many years. If your expecting free financial handouts and need to be babysat you will not enjoy the great Team work atmosphereOutstanding and Respectable Management Team. Training has never been better than its present program. It allows one to progress quite rapidly.

Pros

Great Team building atmosphere, Great Management, Plenty of work and extra income opportunities during the busy season

Cons

time frame between hourly wage increases

Ambiance de travail néfaste

Aucun augmentation de salaire, changement de direction continuelle, aucun remerciement

Pros

Télétravail

Cons

Trafic, salaire, changement de direction continuelle

A place to work until you find another job.

Poor management. Often wheeled into jobs without proper training or equipment to do the job, then asked why something is taken so long or gone to the dumpa. Profit driven, bonuses to upper management only. Christmas time? Here's a thank you email, now get back to work. Wages are comparatively lower than competitors. No ladder climbing, since there is absolutely no ladder. Except cost of living raises once per year -- If you get one at all (none in 2 years now).It's a place to work while you look for another job.

Pros

Health Plan is decent. RRSP matching, although minimal.

Cons

Low wages, No advancement opportunities.

Toxic place to work for, everyone for themselves

bad management,.micro managing is the worst you have 5 or 6 bosses and they all want something different and if one of them doesn't like you your on their hit list. Too much risk versus reward , bad environment toxic everyone talks bad about eveyone, too many promises not enough follow through. Don't wokr here its not worth losing your time.

Pros

company vehicle, company laptop, company phone, company fuel card.

Cons

managament, pay, toxic work place.

bien mais pour consolider travail et famille sa pas ete facile

bon travail au temps pour le service que pour la gerence de l entrepot , mais le gros ik est qu il pense beaucoup a leur poche et moin au famille car j ai une famile avec 2 enfant de bas age et malheureusement j ai du me battre pour pouvoir rester avec mes enfants quand ils etaient malade quand je ne devrait pas a avoir a faire cela , ma famille passera toujours en premier.

How you now?

Good and you. Place kucks, ree-tards rule. Don't bother and kuk u shorey! Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.”

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Place is balls

Complete Joke

Hired as an operator but spent my first days driving around with the company gopher picking up pilons and garbage. Promised lots of overtime and career advancement yet finished around 2-3pm each day given tasks that can lower IQ like moving dirt 5 feet from one pile to another. First day of work and the guy who hired me forgot my name and must've forgot about hiring me because he didn't even have a plan of what crew I'd be on. Workers themselves were nice guys but the supervisors are so lost on the job its almost sad.. If your fine with not learning anything or not being used to your potential, want barely any hours and want to be led by the blind then this is the place for you!

Pros

other workers are good guys

Cons

No hours, no advancement, supervision is completely lost and useless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telecon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement