Telecon
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Telecon Employee Reviews

Canada211 reviews

Bad company

Awful company, nothing to learn, poor management, disgusting food, low salary, work environment is disgusting. Hate that job and compamy, will never recommend.

Poor benefits and pay

No increments and growth in this company. May be work for a year and you'll see for yourself. You don't learn anything new and the management wants to keep paying you the same for 3-4 years. No bonus or any other benefits.

Environement de travail stressant

Beaucoup dabus coté sécurité plusieurs choses sont a travailler

Could be good but poor management

A great place to work and learn about the industry, especially for young people or recent college grads. However, management is poor, the company is very disorganized, communication is horrible, good workers leave at high rates, sometimes the environment can be toxic, but there are lots of great people to meet and work with.

Only as last resort.

If you're stuck for money, they hire anybody. Train you, give company vehicle (track you), the union is useless. Job could be great, till they start pushing, stressing, demanding more....that's when errors and accidents happen. The average ppl stay 4 to 8 weeks. Ex. I was hired there 2 years ago, out of 40 hired of us only 2 are still there....

Pros

Lead hand was great, easy job, supplied company vehicule

Cons

Starts out with huge promises, then the real truth comes out and stress to produce unrealistic numbers without cutting corners, then when accidents happen falls on you.

Great employer

I found the excellent team and supportive management.The timing is very flexible and line manger fould always supportive.The only issue is with salary increase.

Pros

Supportive and cooperative team

Environnement de travail toxique

Environnement de travail toxique, la direction n'est aucunement à l'écoute des employés nous avons dû faire entrer un syndicat et encore là, aucun changement. Le personnel est constamment sur le défensive et climat malsain en employé

Horrible place too work

poor pay too much work no raise when promoted just more work piled on no training for responsibilities given cheap cheap cheap cheap horrible management

Cons

poor pay

They make promises to lure you in. They promise support and added training measures to only let you down and make you feel like a nuisance.

The promises they made were out of this world. After the experience that you have and what you have to offer gets them really interested until you get there and you become another overworked employee. Their expectations with the amount of work they have is insane. Don’t be fooled by the cute videos they have informing you that you part of a team, because your not.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Long hours ( to be expected ) Poor management Poor support Poor equipment No one cares No one tries

Upper management is horrible stay clear! Ancaster yard

Highly recommend to stay clear of the Ancaster yard have been employed with telcon for 2 years and nothing but games never no if your working tomorrow

Cons

Mental health with decrease in the matter of days

ِِDeceptive job posting, stressful work place

I got hired as a full-time employee with 40 hours per week. We have been working on TELUS smart home project. After a month they changed their word and lowered our working hours to 32 per week.The excuse was, "Telus has stopped providing financial aid to you."I still can't find anything on my job offer related to financial aid, and this had not been communicated directly to me before being hired.I regret my other job offer from another employer, which was expired just before that.I don't recommend working for this employer.

Was good now its not

This company was at one time the bees knees. However after the change in management about a year ago things have slowly gone down hill. Constantly making mistakes at all levels makes for a stressful work environment.

Pros

Good people.

Cons

Poor quality of work.

Stressful and working hard

Very weak management. They could not realize who is working and who is not. Time management was very weak , always top level employee spend most of the project time for themselves , so the the employee with low level do not have enough time to finish the projects. Most of the people do nt stay more than one year.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Environnement du travail très agréable

Une belle expérience, qui t’ouvre les portes vers d’autres opportunités.

Pros

Café gratuit

Cons

Les salaires

Horrible place to work

I worked for Telecon for 1 year until I had enough of that place, they don’t care about their employees, the bosses pick favourites and aren’t afraid to show it, the management is horrible. I found working for Telecon kinda like working backwards, they would work hard and not smart, I’d highly recommend not applying there unless you want to be a locator

Cons

Was good, then bad, and now good again

I really enjoyed my time here. They brought me in at a Jr. level, and pay was reflected in that. However, they soon noticed my potential and moved me up, and my compensation moved up with me, so don't be afraid of an entry level position. That being said, once I reached a level with a poor manager (of which it seems there are a lot) then my career stopped advancing, which ultimately caused me to leave the company as I felt there was no more room to grow.My fellow workers and my immediate supervisor where wonderful, which is why I was so loyal. I had a feeling of accomplishment and felt I was an important member of a team. I enjoyed the work and felt appreciated within my team.My biggest criticisms are the Sr. Management. They treat the workers as a necessary inconvenience and are always looking for a way to pay you less. It is always about the stick, and never about the carrot. Their philosophy is to get the best possible results out of cheap employees, and not to pay more for competent ones, or retain the ones already in the company. Another criticism is that no manager wants to accept responsibility for expenses. There were multiple instances where we were forced to do something that costs much more than necessary, only because we could then bill it to another department. Plus, there was a year where the Sr. Staff/Board made some bad investments and they put the burden on the employees in the form of clawing back of benefits and a wage freeze.The good news is the old CEO was terminated as a result of those investments, and the new one seems more accessible and appreciative -

Pros

Co-workers; Responsibility; RRSP Matching

Cons

Management; Career Advancement; Pay

Toxic management

Management does not care about the field workers. Make cuts in the field to save a dollar all while taking safety measures away from employees. I.g. Not utilizing the hydro vac on a drill shot pull back to ensure that you can cross back over existing utilities safely. They say it’s full time work but expect to sit at home during the week because they are not ready for you on site, then they will expect you to make up for production loss that is at no fault of the worker and solely because of managements organizational skills. You want a day off work, your drilling partner will be sitting at home. If they don’t have 150 meters of drill shots prepped for the next day, you will sit at homeThey preach preventative maintenance on equipment but there are so many hoops to jump through by the time they get to it your piece of equipment is broken down, and you will be sitting at home not working until it is fixed. Used to be a great company to work for until this new management came in a little over a year ago. Run away

Cons

High stress extremely fast paced during dig season and almost guaranteed winter layoffs.

Depending on which area is being worked, some of the supervisors are extremely difficult to deal with most of the time. When mistakes are made they don't hesitate to throw you under the bus. You need to be able to deal with extremely high stress situations on daily basis as this type of work is crucial to lifelines to hospitals gas lines that sometimes break and puts people's lives at risk. So you need to be able to go home and sleep with a clear conscious at the end of the day knowing that you did your job with absolutely no errors. If you don't handle high stress situations well this is not the place for you!

Pros

Office Staff was great for the most part and usually very helpful!

Cons

Work Load is extremely high and can be difficult to manage within the allowable working hours.

From good to real bad...

This company was great to work for before they brought TRJ in for management. The new management has poisoned and completely kyboshed the work environment. I've never worked for a company that is so unorganized, rude, and most importantly unprofessional on almost every level. This "figure it out yourself" atmosphere with no training and continuous mistakes is painful to live through everyday. Best of luck to you if you do choose to work for Telecon..

Pros

Co workers

Cons

No overtime, low pay, bad management

For what you are expected to do you do not make the pay you deserve. And the benefits are are not very acceptable either.

Very poor pay for what you are expected to do. And benefits are very poor for what industry standards are. You feel very taken advantage of with this company. Most employees that came from the company telecon bought. We're very un happy with the way this company deals with things.

A good place to start

Was generally just an okay place to start your career. Pay is not iat per with competition, but enough to get by. You will enjoy some level of freedom too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telecon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement