TelaDoc Employee Reviews

Job is nice but company needs to grow up system and process wise
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ16 May 2018
Systems need complete overhaul. Management is typical. Pay is good. Job is easy but they make it hard always coming up with new versions of rules and employees do not feel valued.
Not even if it was the last job on earth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX26 April 2018
Unethical and unprofessional leadership. Stressful environment where leaders take credit for the work of others. Poor company culture with no transparency.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Culture, stressful environment, and lack of leadership
Wonderful
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX6 April 2018
The over all experience with Teladoc has been great. The only thing is moving up with the company is really hard. Management needs to be more aware of the Leadership and if that happens it could promote a better environment.
Pros
Money
Cons
Career Advancement
Great place to advance
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX19 March 2018
It was great place diffrent from my normal work duties but I still enjoyed the position. Very competitive and was still ablento interact with patients and healthcare provider's from multiple states.
Great Workplace
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX6 March 2018
Teladoc is an extremely great and profitable company to work for. I began my career at Teladoc in August of 2015. The workplace culture is very positive, our management teams ideas are very effective and our CEO makes great decisions that impacts the entire company in a great way.
Average Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX11 February 2018
Good company to work for. However the salary wages could be way more competitive. This is a good job to be in if your starting your career. Upper HR management sucks.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
Low pay, lack of communication from higher up, and terrible communication all around
Stressful Environment due to management
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX1 February 2018
I worked for Teladoc for well over 2 years. For the first year I loved my job. Then the rules began to change on a day to day basis. I worked in the call center where no paper or writing materials were allowed. No cell phones were allowed either (there were people who snuck them in but I felt that was a risk I was unwilling to take for fear of losing my job). We were unable to send/receive external emails in the call center. Other than the internal emails we had no way to back up anything management told us. Nobody had your back. Only certain people were promoted. Very few people had good morals. I enjoyed talking to customers. Calls are graded but if you read the scripts and show empathy and use the provided tools and call the customer by name it is not hard to pass the call. Management/Supervisors constantly reminded you that you are replaceable. The Insurance was just ok. The 401k match is great! I left because I was at a point in my life where the thought of going to work made me sick (literally).
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Constantly changing rules. No place for advancement even though they promised the moon
Teladoc is filled with smart, curious, and fun people to work with.
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY25 January 2018
Teladoc is a very close-knit team. Everyone I work with has been with the company for at least three years, which says a lot.

I have a great manager who loves to code and is passionate about building great, scalable software. He's growth oriented, and cares about the teams he leads. When he left his last company to join Teladoc, he brought three of his teammates with him -- a testament to his personableness and strong leadership.

We're quite relaxed at Teladoc, and enjoy getting things done. Our application's architecture allows for a quick development cycle that lets us see the impact of our work every single day.

I was brought on to lead a refactoring project from an untested Sinatra application to Ruby on Rails. It's a headache working with so much untested code, but the company-wide support makes trudging through the codebase much more manageable.
Great Company not so great upper mangement
Cash Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX23 January 2018
Good company to work for. Upper management needs more experience. Flexible work schedules, Have to be sure who you are dealing with, get everything in writing.
Pros
good pay, flexible
Cons
poor upper management, not enough experience under their belt.
One of the best places I've worked at thus far
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX24 December 2017
I loved working at this company. It was a relaxed culture but people were still there to do there job. I could actually respect management. We often got feedback and constructive criticism, which I really liked because I've worked at places where we weren't told right off the bat if we were doing something wrong so we would continue those behaviors until it was too late. The hardest part of the job would be, the work can be a little monotonous in the customer service position but it wasn't very stressful, so I couldn't complain too much. I would have loved to stay at TelaDoc but due to personal circumstances in my life at the time, I had to quit.
Pros
Schedule shift bids, great workplace culture, good job/life balance
Cons
None really?
work is work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL12 December 2017
i really enjoyed working with Teladoc was able to learn a lot more with them the work place the environment i really liked everything i would highly recommend
Great place to help people over the phone
Tier 2 Customer Resolution Member (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX28 November 2017
-Typical day was to take calls from customers that were frustrated about their experience with our services
- I learned to be empathetic and sympathetic to the customers needs
-Management creates rules that they do not wish to follow
-Co-workers are awesome, leads and supervisors are horrible
-The hardest part of the job is to deal with the leads, supervisors and managers, and irate customer on the phone deserves full attention, not management
-Loved talking to customers and changing their experiences from nightmares to "thank you, you are an angel" just by doing my job!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful management
Horrible Management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ21 November 2017
The attrition rate is horrible. Almost every person has been fired from the first people hired. They change policies daily and you get in trouble for any possible thing they can find. Good money but does not last long. I lasted a year.
Pros
money
Cons
everything. They even tow your car for you.
Not a fair place
Health Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX21 October 2017
It was not a good place when we started to get busy around Christmas. Doctors were harder to get. Everyone had to make 180 calls to doctors or we got in trouble. Mostly left voicemails but sometimes the doctor would answer and be really upset at us making all those calls, in Texas it got real bad. I don't like getting threatened every day with my job on making these stupid repeat calls.
Pros
Liked my team, Liked outreach to doctors to take consults, Parking is pretty good, We had a good manager but she got rid of him, he was pretty caring.
Cons
Paid less than call center
virtual healthcare
Executive Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Home office based16 October 2017
The most challenging thing has been that we have competiting divisions of the company internally and the management doesn't seem to care that we sabotage ourselves.
Leader in market share for telehealth
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  virtual22 September 2017
Stress came from constant and changing processes due to company growing pains- Long hours to meet volume of client meetings expected. Positive attribute is the opportunity for expanded growth due to recent acquisition.
Pros
quality colleagues
Cons
not enough focus on client retention
Awesome work environment with great people
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX12 July 2017
I loved this job! Learning the process of credentialing doctors, I also helped recruit physicians, was by far the most challenging and the most rewarding career!
progressive fast paced sales environment
AVP, MARKET LEADER (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL6 June 2017
* Making 20 plus high quality, new business sales calls per day
* How to adapt to rapid changing telemedicine landscape
* Sales Management was extremely supportive
* Hardest part was the long hours
* Rewarded with stock options and uncapped commissions
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Long Hours
Great work environment
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX 7505720 May 2017
assisting members to access their accounts, registering and scheduling consultations using the resources made available to ensure the member’s experience is exceptional when calling in while meeting and exceeding quality and performance targets. Also have answered questions and assisted new hires while in nesting.
Room for improvement
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote8 May 2017
Teladoc is a young company with a lot of potential. The management team is capable but the information (goals, strategy, policy, etc.) are not communicated downward. There is no career development and very little advancement opportunities. HR could improve this, again, an area of potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TelaDoc. Our community is ready to answer.