TEKTRONIX Employee Reviews

Tektronix is great
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR23 April 2018
I learned a lot working for this company; and I appreciate the opportunities Tektronix has given me. My manager is great and treats me very well. The benefits are great for person's with families.
Benefits
Cons
Still working here
Don't work here unless you want to stagnate in your career.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR16 April 2018
This place offers absolutely ZERO opportunities to grow personally or professionally. Well... unless you count "additional mundane tasks to do" as professional growth - in which case this place is THE PLACE TO BE!
Pros
People are cool
Cons
No advancement or enrichment - just management whipping backs in attempts to "hit the numbers"
Decent
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR3 April 2018
Workplace is fine and has lots of support. New management is problematic. Many of the people I have worked with here for 5+ years have been fired, quit or transferred since the change. They increased the amount of CRM reporting and oversight to add several hours to each days work. Its just not fun anymore.
Pros
Great people and support
Cons
Top level decision making
Fun workplace
Calibration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka17 March 2018
Great growth opportunities, amazing work culture, Awesome appraisals and lots of perks. You grow with the company. Great Managers and quick promotions. A great place to work in overall.
Pros
Good enivronmemt
Cons
no comments
Cya
Logistics Coordinator/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MD7 March 2018
Excellent benefits and pay, I feel as though the customer service team (which is comprised of mostly women) is not given the recognition that is deserved. It seemed as though when the men requested something, they got it. When the Women requested something 9/10, they were told that it wasn't needed or it wasn't in the budget. Very sexist! Other than that, it's not a bad place to work.
Pros
Pretty laid back, as long as you do your job, no one bothers you.
Cons
When it's layoff time, they inform you the same day, No warning!
A typical day at work
Technical Editor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR14 February 2018
I would arrive at 10 a.m. and work until 7 p.m. I would edit incoming documents and enter them into Acrobat.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay. I made excellent money here for a contract worker.
Pros
Good lunch room
Cons
nonoe
Small company in a time warp
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR24 January 2018
When I worked at Tektronix more than 10 years ago, it was a company that shrunken from having been a bigger player in the tech space. It felt like I'd warped back in time when I worked there. I'd been at a larger high tech company, but this felt like a dated, has-been, washed up, minor league player. The computers and software was all old and needed to be updated and sometimes this impacted being able to work. The management was hit and miss. I didn't stay long. It was a struggle to work there.
Cons
Some managers were terrible, odd corporate culture, very outdated computers and software
If there is more revenue grow will be very good company to work for
Senior Financial Analyst - Central Planning (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR9 January 2018
Most people at Tek are super nice, very helpful and easy to work to work with. However, the company sales not grow for awhile, and high pressure from parent company for cutting expense, which drive lots of negative impact.
Slower paced technology company layoff cycles every 3 years or so
Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR9 January 2018
Let me start out by saying Tektronix is not a bad company to work for, but it is not one I would recommend.

On the plus side: comparable salary, educational opportunities, good work/life balance, friendly environment

On the con side: Tektronix is a slower pace technology company that is losing market share on their product lines. Not as innovative as they use to be and prone to layoffs every 2 to 3 years.

Upward mobility is limited as company seems to be shrinking instead of growing which is main reason for not recommending.

If looking for a job to pay the bills, work normal hours and not necessarily be challenged intellectually at work this is a good place to work. Caveat is not saying job is easy. Most product lines are sustaining and streamlining, so innovation is limited and work becomes routine after initial learning curve.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Friendly enviroment
Cons
job security, slower paced not as challenging
Most enjoyable part of the job
CSR & EAST COAST REGIONAL ONSITE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR16 November 2017
great teamwork and positive atmosphere
amount of paid time off provided with no waiting period when hired on you get full benefits
inspire awards
experience helps individual to develop overall office skills and knowledge of computer systems
nothing
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX29 October 2017
Nothing to share here as I don't know who may be seen this review, therefore i'll rather no to say anything at this moment, may be later I could post something
high-paced job
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)23 October 2017
Recruited into the corporation to proactively develop business in EMEA in the telecommunications arena. Responsible for launching campaigns for the Communications Business Unit in EMEA, as well as new product introductions in the optical and wireless businesses. Attended top-level Optical and Wireless training courses at major trade fairs.
Excellent work place
CENTRAL UTILITIES OPERATOR/MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR20 October 2017
I enjoyed working at tektronix, generally speaking they had good managers who started at the bottom and worked their way up. We were paid decent shift differentials and were cross trained as mechanics when we started as operators. We got decent raises, great profit share pay,and cost of living raises.
Pros
excellent company
Enjoyed Working Here
FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  CONUS6 October 2017
I worked here for over 8 years, and was laid off when a federal contract was given to another firm. I was paid fairly, treated like I was an important member of the team, and generally enjoyed my job. My manager allowed us to work independently, but would call to check in regularly. We were allowed and even encouraged to work overtime to get back on schedule if we needed to. The health benefits were great, as was the paid vacation policy. All in all, a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive management
Cons
I spent a lot of time away from home
Tektronix is a great place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR4 September 2017
Tektronix is a great place to work. Opportunities to advance and move to other jobs abound, and there is a lot of extremely interesting projects and technical challenges to work on. Most of all, the people at Tektronix are great to work with.
Very dificult mangement system to understand
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GA31 August 2017
Always good ideas but with no follow up to do a lot of great ideas. Also management is very over bearing and monitor all time and what is done during work hours.
Pros
Cons
Micro magement
A great company to work for.
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR23 August 2017
Every co-worker was happy with their job. And very helpful, when I first started. Lots of communication between co-workers. What I learn there I will be able to take with me to my next job.
Education Opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR23 August 2017
I received numerous opportunities for education and for advancement while at Tektronix. I worked there for 17 years and always felt supported in my efforts to succeed.
Pros
Education
Good work life balance
Sr. Software Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR7 August 2017
Very rare that you have to put in extra time. Overall very nice people. Traditional hardware company that now is transitioning to more software solutions, but are far behind in software developent.
Pros
Good work life balance. Soccer field on campus. Nice people
Cons
Not very skilled middle management
Not a "great place to work"
CSR (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR1 August 2017
High turnover rate.
No formal training, just shadowing other CSRs.
Too much micromanaging.
No overtime, but very high expectations.
Lack of professionalism.
Pros
the pay
Cons
Too many to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKTRONIX. Our community is ready to answer.