Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

intake
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 September 2017
- meet with guys
- make sure they don't bring no drugs inside
-make sure all the sure student are in the chapel at 8h30 am
- check all the room if they made their beds.
Pros
Cr
Cons
Ct
Great Place!
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 June 2016
I highly recommend teen challenge!A very well rounded and enjoyable experience!I loved working there. I really felt that the experience taught me leadership skills and helped me grow in confidence. I was able to really discover and develop my talents and skills which includes leadership and encouragement!
Productive and steady atmosphere
Cook Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON28 August 2015
I started of by helping assist the kitchen manager with the prep for the meals. I learned alot about food handling various types of food. I learned how to be a responsible team leader. The hardest part would have been working in a fast pace when under alot of pressure. The most enjoyable is having interacted with different co-workers and their personality.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere
fun workplace with lots of activities
Winnipeg - assistant to Dir. of Education (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2015
very encouraging place to see young men's lives change.
very supportive environment with lots of upbeat feedback
Benefits are out of this world.
Great place to share in life's journey with others.
Learning experience
OUTREACH INTERN (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2014
Teen Challenge was an awesome place to work because of the people and what i did as a job on a daily basis was quiet incredible I got the opportunity to call people and book outreach's and then lead the speaking teams that went to the outreach's I also dealt with alot of data entry
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
distant from the world
fun and rewarding work environment
Student Life Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB2 October 2013
A typical day would be booking doctor, dentist or lawyer appointments for the residents. I took care of petty cash and student bank. Was in charge of all the vehicle and house maintenance. Attended to all resident needs.
I have learned patience and how to deal with stressful situations.
My relationship with management and my co-workers was amazing. We were very much a team and we supported and had each others back in every situation. We all worked very well together.
The hardest part of the day was being on call 24 hours a day in a very stressful job setting.
Seeing the residents grow and change from the first day they came into the Teen Challenge Program to the day that they graduate a year later is the most enjoyable part of the job. Just knowing that I had a small part in that brought me so much happiness.
Enthusiastic work environment, that fosters rebuilding.
Student, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 September 2013
Great experience, well needed at the spot of life I was in. Taught me a lot of mindsets around a non profit organization that I will take further in life.

Want to know more about Teen Challenge?

Ask a question