Teen Challenge

Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Excellent staff who are very committed to helping those suffering from drug and alcohol addiction, who want to change their life and be free from addiction
it is a good way to get involved in another persons life and be able to show them through lives struggles that you can still be the person GOD created you to be without picking up a substance to take the pain away.
The mandate of Teen Challenge is to provide a safe haven for recovering addicts for up to one year. There are caring staff who do go the extra mile to help. However, the management are not educated or eqipped enough to run Teen Challenge. Individuals are in positions that they are not qualified to be in.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too much staff turn around prevents clientele from properly moving forward, as there is a definite lack of consistency in the program.
everyone was nice and it was an easy place to work and cook and serve i liked working with thew people in my kitchen we all got along and most important everyone worked together
Pros
free meals
Cons
messy clean up
- meet with guys
- make sure they don't bring no drugs inside

-make sure all the sure student are in the chapel at 8h30 am

- check all the room if they made their beds.
Pros
Cr
Cons
Ct
I highly recommend teen challenge!A very well rounded and enjoyable experience!I loved working there. I really felt that the experience taught me leadership skills and helped me grow in confidence. I was able to really discover and develop my talents and skills which includes leadership and encouragement!
I started of by helping assist the kitchen manager with the prep for the meals. I learned alot about food handling various types of food. I learned how to be a responsible team leader. The hardest part would have been working in a fast pace when under alot of pressure. The most enjoyable is having interacted with different co-workers and their personality.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere
very encouraging place to see young men's lives change.
very supportive environment with lots of upbeat feedback

Benefits are out of this world.

Great place to share in life's journey with others.
Teen Challenge was an awesome place to work because of the people and what i did as a job on a daily basis was quiet incredible I got the opportunity to call people and book outreach's and then lead the speaking teams that went to the outreach's I also dealt with alot of data entry
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
distant from the world
A typical day would be booking doctor, dentist or lawyer appointments for the residents. I took care of petty cash and student bank. Was in charge of all the vehicle and house maintenance. Attended to all resident needs.
I have learned patience and how to deal with stressful situations.

My relationship with management and my co-workers was amazing. We were very much a team and we supported and had each others back in every situation. We all worked very well together.

The hardest part of the day was being on call 24 hours a day in a very stressful job setting.

Seeing the residents grow and change from the first day they came into the Teen Challenge Program to the day that they graduate a year later is the most enjoyable part of the job. Just knowing that I had a small part in that brought me so much happiness.
Great experience, well needed at the spot of life I was in. Taught me a lot of mindsets around a non profit organization that I will take further in life.