Ted Baker

Ted Baker Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Training was excellent. Ability to build clientele through a luxury brand was a great experience. Typical day at work was to talk to customers, maintain sales KPI, and fold clothes.
This company is one of the worst I have ever worked for. The management team have extremely poor leadership skills. Extremely childish and unprofessional. The Manager at the Eaton Centre should never manage anything. She acts like a 12 year old brat who will stop at nothing to try and create drama. So much unprofessionalism. Go work for Starbucks or McDonalds
ted baker was a great store to work at, the management was amazing and the overall team worked like a well oiled machine. everyday went to smoothly and was always fun.
Working for Ted Baker Yorkdale has been one of the most unprofessional jobs I’ve worked. If they don’t like you for the smallest reason that’s completely irrelevant to your work ethic, don’t be surprised when they make stuff up about you and try and scare you by making you think they’ll fire you or let you go. They did this to a couple girls. The turnover rate here is very high and they are very dishonest to customers. Many of my coworkers quit on the spot because the management is extremely poor. Same thing goes to Eaton centre. I worked both. The clothes are still very expensive even with the discount. They will make you wear all Ted Baker yet will only pay you minimum wage. Save your resume copy and apply somewhere else that’s more secure.
Pros
The brand itself is nice
Cons
Managers are rude, fake, and dishonest
I came into Ted Baker without any retail experience besides from working in a grocery store and my assistant store manager knowing this did his absolute best to make sure I felt confident that I can do anything I set my mind to all day and was definitely successful. I'm usually the quiet person for my first few days until I really get a hang of things but this team got me opened up and being myself within my first few hours of being there. I've never felt like I had an actual family at work that would have my back no matter the day, time or situation. Knowing my goals for the future, my management team always kept me in mind when they came across anyones path who could help me get to where I want in life, and thanks to them I landed myself an amazing job which is a stepping stone for my career. I'm so thankful and appreciate everything that this job came across my path and I'm so glad that I had a chance to build a lasting relationship with these amazing individuals that I still keep in touch with everyday even after I've been gone for about six months. I left the store in tears that I had to move on but I know that they are all still in my life and I could never thank them enough for all that they have taught me and helping me grow into the person I could not have become without them.
Pros
Amazing, understanding management that will always have your back and keep your best interest in mind, Your team becomes a family you will miss even after you're gone, Head office will do their absolute best to help if you're unhappy in any way, friendly environment, pay is pretty decent for retail, the discount is amazing
Cons
There are none
When I first started working at Ted, I absolutely loved how everyone in the staff was so inviting and friendly. It made the work atmosphere so great to be in, and I would have never thought that I would leave that store. Come time to October, our manager left and then went under new management. Obviously, we always have to become accustomed to change because not all good things last. This new manager that came in, was absolutely terrible. She created this whole divide between the workers, made employees feel like S***, and didn't even how to do basic operations in the store. She was more of a dictator than a leader. Logic isn't her strong suit.
I've worked in retail for a long time, but Ted baker was the worst company I have ever worked for. The management was terrible, very bossy and rude...
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional management, very bossy & careless of its people... biased and only favours their own management.
Good work and life balance.
The Team was exceptional.

Learned a lot the operational side of the business.

People were the most enjoyable side of the job.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Limited clothing allowance
Management carry out a culture, but not a welcoming one.
The requirement to balance hours between employees, seemed to be difficult for management.
Pros
Working in the mall
Cons
Short Hours
During my time with Ted Baker Co. I received training for a stock assistant position. I learned much about the management of a stock room and gained an appreciation for the efforts of my fellow sales staff who worked on the store floor. I appreciate the chance they offered me to expand my employment experiences.
Love the culture, the people I work with and the clients I work for.
Typical day at work includes various tasks in the realm of styling, merchandising and helping your managers with daily focus in the Ted culture.
Pros
Learn a lot as you go
Cons
Long Hours