Tecnet Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 October 2019
I worked at Tecnet for years and the company has definitely evolved. It continues to grow and change and the staff are so very talented. Management is great and the work life balance is awesome.

Like anywhere it has its cons. Workload can be high but manageable and help is always available if requested. Another con is that some staff are bad eggs and kept longer than is fair to other staff but on the flip side of that the company wants to see everyone succeed so they try to see the positive in people. Luckily these people weed themselves out, and I’m sure they’ve left awful reviews to be spiteful. A reflection of who they are, not the company.

If you’ve got a great work ethic, a willingness to learn and be part of an awesome team, Tecnet is a great fit.
Awful place to work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 October 2019
Unfair workload, unfair salaries, poor management.
Chaotic workplace, no one knows what the other person is doing, and everyone is doing it the wrong way.
Im going to save yourself lots of time. Do Not Work Here.
Teamwork makes the Dreamwork
Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 September 2019
As with any workplace, there are Pros and Cons.
In my years experience in all different lines of work, I actually feel like part of this Team.
To obtain this feeling, I didn't solely rely on my employer. Through strong work ethic, a need for a challenge and persistence towards building my skillset, I found a place for myself at Tecnet.
Things they've brought to the table for me:
Accommodation for learning on the job (I've worked places that said there is no such thing as a stupid question, but then turn around treat you like you know absolutely nothing because you just weren't pickin up what was being put down the first time around).
Room to still be a parent (as parents know, sometimes there are times our kids need us during work hours)
A team that I happily call my "work fam".
I know there have been issues with people feeling their pay is unfair, and in some instances, this may be true, I happen to feel my wage is fair for what I bring to the table.
Open to my ideas, as silly as they may be sometimes, they humour my light, quirky shenanigans.
Room for improvement:
The benefits pkg isn't great. Still better than $250/month out of my pocket for 80% off most prescriptions and mediocre dental coverage (or 60-70% at my last office, on prescriptios that had to be part of an approved list, not available for employees to view).
Workload is high, although manageable and like most companies, if you don't speak up that it's too much, you may find yourself at your breaking point.
On a few occasions, problem staff were kept onboard past their expiry. This causes some
  more... issues of animosity and more workload for the teamplayers, unfortunately.

If you have a great work ethic, at least half a brain and a sense of humour (I mean, as previously reviewed, I don't see how drinking at work would be a deterrent... but I'll tell you now, the boss does not condone getting shitfaced at work), you have a great start towards joining Team Tecnet, and being part of a rapidly expanding brand in an ever evolving industry.
Don't Work Here
Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 July 2019
Poor staff retention due to little pay and more work than one person can handle.

The real issue is the owner of this company, he pays little wage to his employees who live paycheque to paycheque.

Pretty much no benifits package (They do pay up to 50% after 2 yrs full employment.)

The owner is rich and drives a car for each day of the week, yet his staff struggle to make ends meet.

Staff are not allowed to talk about their wages here, period. You are told this when you sign your life away to work there by the owner himself. You are also exposed to working around unionized environments if you are a field technician. The owner is very vocal on his disaproval of unionization and threatens that he would dissolve the company if something like unionization were to happen at Tecnet.

You are conditioned to think it is a privilege to work there and be happy you have a job. Not to mention, the owner goes around and then gets his management to micro manage employees.

The work itself is not bad, it's just way too much for one person.

The staff are amazing and they all deserve much better than how they are treated and paid. Staff were very friendly and fun to work with.

For the reasons above and so much more, I could not work here any longer, left and found gainful employment elsewhere and am very happy.
Pros
The staff were very nice
Cons
Too many
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 September 2018
Worked at Tecnet for years. If you’ve got the right attitude and work ethic you can flourish there. Some pretty Talented people work at Tecnet who want to see you succeed.
Pros
Talented coworkers, Monday to Friday job
Cons
Workload can be high but not all the time
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 September 2018
Pros
Talented coworkers, Monday to Friday job
Cons
Workload can be high but not all the time
Unaware of labour laws....excecssive favouritism
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada4 June 2018
This environment is incredibly toxic to work in.

Management allows the employees to drink on the job which creates animosity between staff and causes inefficiency.

Management does not understand the concept of a labor law and also favors those who are incapable of doing anything on their own. If you cry and/or flirt with the higher ups you will get whatever you what. If you sleep with them, even better.

Work load is dropped on a few select people and those people don't usually stick around too long once they realize this. Those who have been there the longest are those who do the least amount of work and then complain when things are not getting done.

Save yourself and avoid this place.
Pros
Most of the work itself is so easy a monkey could do it
Cons
Evironment, management, most employees, disorganization, no room for advancement, sexism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tecnet Canada Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Tecnet Canada Inc Reviews by Location