Teck Resources Limited Employee Reviews for Equipment Operator

Horrible Company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkford, BC8 January 2019
They preach safety, when in reality its all about production. Your only a number to them, Management treats employees horrible.I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Vitaliy Zhydkykh
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BC11 June 2014
Always stay alert and open minded.
Respect others.
Be aware of surroundings.
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Always looking for Advancement
Always looking for ways to get better and learn something new every day.
Hardest part of the job is when you don't get proper training and communication before task.
Most enjoyable is working with people and outdoors as well as everyday challenges
Pros
Full time employement
Cons
Being away from Family
Toxic work culture slowly changing with advent of new employees
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Sparwood, BC15 April 2014
Started out as a bunch of grumpy, entitled, and jaded guys waiting for retirement. Management didn't help by advancing young, sometimes cocky, workers that had the same last names as those in high places. With more new hires that appreciate the job and the location the culture is slowly changing for the better.
Pros
Close to towns with great lifestyle opportunities.
Cons
Negative work culture
Excellent place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Elkford, BC13 February 2014
Teck/Fording River operations is a great place too work.I like my job there. I enjoy the type of work I do and I work with a great bunch of people.They pay me well and have great benefits.I personally don't like the type of shift they work.It is four days on and four days off and you have to switch from two day shifts to two night shifts every set.I would rather work seven and seven, seven days or seven nights.I would also prefer seven days off in a row as apposed to four.
Excellent place to work
Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Sparwood, BC.26 October 2013
I have enjoyed my time at Teck very much. we work 4 and 4, 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Salary
I enjoy the comradeship, but the switching of days to night shifts in 24 hours is difficult.
Heavy Equipment Operator 3 (Current Employee) –  Elkford, BC9 September 2013
It's not until one is away from work,(on holidays at the present time), that you realize many of the typical things at work you actually miss. I enjoy being productive and safe along with the comradery. Typically, I mostly operated truck which seemed to be my niche as it is what equipment I enjoy the most. I aslo take pride in my ability to always keep the truck running safely and in the process keep myself and everyone around me safe. Since I have been working in the mining field now for 17 years, I have seen fellow workers graduate to the management level. As a result, from experience, I have seen both what they often go through. Management is happy if you do your work safely and properly, and stemming from that knowledge, I have never had problems with management in the past. Even though I enjoy time by myself in activities outside of work, I love to have fun with others and I hope that would include everyone from ordinary workers to the highest management. Easily the hardest part of the job to me is transitioning from a day shift to the night shift in 24 hours with our two day, two night shift setup. Easily the most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends and the social aspect of enjoying many different types of people.
Pros
The comradeship
Cons
The switching from day shift to night shift in 24 hours
I recieved training that I think will benefit me in the future.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Sparwood, BC13 March 2012
Preach "home safe and healthy everyday", however i don't think they follow it!