Teck Resources Limited Employee Reviews

Horrible Company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkford, BC8 January 2019
They preach safety, when in reality its all about production. Your only a number to them, Management treats employees horrible.I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Exploration
Explotation in geology (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON4 January 2019
I'm a geologist from Valparaíso, Chile, and I'm looking for a good job. I was working at Minera Florida ltda at until march 2018, but a changed to a palaeontology consultant in Santiago, but for a fixed-term contract.
Pros
free lunches, trip and bed.
Cons
Distance of my house, but it's not a problem.
Great company to work for!
Coordinator - Safety and Loss Control (Current Employee) –  Sparwood, BC19 December 2018
It's important that I work for a company that has a great safety culture and I would like to say that safety is a very important to everyone from the employee level up to the senior management team.
Pros
recognition for working safely
Worse Company I've ever worked for by far!
Former Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sparewood, B.C.1 November 2018
Claim they have a good safety culture, that is all lip service. Worst safety culture ever. Tell you to run trucks with brakes failing (all the time).
If you dare speak up, against anything unsafe, kiss your job goodbye.
They make up lies about you to justify anything.
Union tells me I am one of hundreds coming down the mountain with the same story on a regular basis.
Feared for my life daily. Don't know how I lasted 3 months.
Run away from anything in operations as fast as you can.
Management, HR is a joke, Production Super is laughed at by Foremen behind her back, she's powerless to change anything. Roads and trucks badly maintained. Very dangerous (unnessesarily). They just don't care about workers. 50% + turnover says it all.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything mentioned below
Current employee
power engineer (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC23 October 2018
Terrible management, those that can't manage is the current motto. Uneducated unticketed yesman will go the furthest. If you value your self-respect and work ethic work somewhere else. If you like to be bullied and disciplined frequently then this is the place for you.
Pros
live in the Kootenays
Cons
Worst management you could imagine
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sparwood, BC29 September 2018
Slightly disorganized but positive work culture. Effective audit controls. Great compensation packages. Overall a good place to work, I enjoyed my experience.
Loved everything about my experience
Safety Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 September 2018
I LOVED working for Teck. I was in the safety department and my daily tasks included talking to the shift workers about safety concerns and reporting back to my supervisor. Everyone was very welcoming, and there was a great safety culture at the location.
great people and great work environment
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC6 September 2018
I really enjoyed working here with some fantastic people. You are challenged to achieve your goals and are given responsibilities once you have proven yourself capable. They really value their people
Pros
flexible working hours with earned days off
Cons
semi remote locations
it is like high school
Trail, BC Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  trail bc canada28 August 2018
it has its ups and it downs but it is good place to work. you get to go home every day and you get to retire so it is a good job just looking for maybe chamge
Pros
go home every day
Cons
not best managment
Alright place to work if you live close
Haul Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Elkford, BC27 July 2018
Teck is an alright company to work for. Management needs to treat their employees a little better and not like they are just disposable. Wages are very good and the benefits are good as well. Not a good place to work if you are driving back and forth from a different place. the two days and then two nights schedule the four days off could be changed to benefit the employees and employer. They also say saftey is a big part of the job but it could still be heavily improved and put before production.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Safety doesnt seem to come before production
Lots to learn
Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  British Columbia21 July 2018
It's fast paced and things are constantly changing. Either the weather, the haul, the road conditions, the task or the congestion. Always be on your toes
great saftey culture and productive atmosphere
Mine Rescue, Shovel Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC16 May 2018
good company too work for with opportunities to advance in many career choices. great benefits and bonuses for everyone. many activities to participate in when off the job as well.
Pros
home every day and transpertaion to and from work provided
Cons
not any i can think of
Worst Place I have ever worked!
Pit Utility/Haul Truck (Former Employee) –  Fording River11 May 2018
Working in Teck’s mine was by far the worst job I have ever had! I was treated like a piece of trash. Dispatch regularly tells employees to work regardless of safety in doing so. Very poor moral. Horrible shifts. They can keep you casual for as long as they want and lay you off at any time. Not recommended to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Not much to say
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Canada Harbour, NL10 May 2018
If you are not from Canada dont except to be called by recruiters not a diverse company when it comes to hiring just unjust even if you are a very skilled individual as trump said only American now it's only Canadian good luck.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Dont know haven't been there
Safety culture, sustainability
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  British Columbia8 May 2018
Teck has some merits including good job security, safety culture, diverse products. Teck still needs to work on integration of and collaboration across various Business Units and consider career advancement based on professional competencies instead of personal relationships
Great company
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia22 April 2018
Great company to work with great benefits and you learn a lot from others . Lovely scenic views such a beautiful place to work live and have a family life..
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nothing such as diversity if you're a minority this is not the job for you, you wont get hired ......recruitment are liars
Excellent culture and work/life balance
Executive Assistant to CIO (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
The layout is complicated, too many floors, inter departmental liaisons are difficult due to the layout of the offices.
Work is great and culture/people were excellent.
Hierarchy is difficult and inaccessible.
Pros
Excellent salaries, bonuses and extras
Stay away
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highland Valley Copper3 April 2018
Poisonous atmosphere. Nobody is happy! Managment is run by people who know nothing about mining but only bottom dollar! Frontline supervisors have to be yes men or are let go! Everyone is afraid for their own jobs and coward to upper management. If you have morals do not apply here or they will strip you of them or let you go!
Pros
Wadge
Cons
Everything else
Great place. Great environment
Vice President of Audit & Operational Review (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 March 2018
Professional environment. Access to many aspects of business. Opportunity to travel. Timely project delivery required. Great company culture. Employees well regarded.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Many employees - can feel anonymous
good place to work and good people
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Sparwood, BC2 March 2018
advancement always available
work with a good team
union orientated
company that is striving to improve
working in boundaries of policies and procedures can be frustrating at times but it is there for eveyones safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teck Resources Limited. Our community is ready to answer.