Play YouTube video button
Teck Resources Limited

Teck Resources Limited Employee Reviews

Canada152 reviews
good company to work
Teck pays fair rates for your work. In general Teck resources is a good company to work for. Keep in your mind that Teck business in Elk Valley is in small communities.
No good
Negative, blaming work culture. Few people have a solid grasp of what's really going on. In the 4 months I was there there were 2 injuries that I heard of: one serious. It's an extremely toxic and dangerous place to work if you are in the plants. Not to mention every day you work here you know you are just making one guy very rich and screwing the environment at the same time. (although their environmental practices are some of the best in the industry).
The bottom line is: They are paying you for your health. Many 60 yr old at Teck look 85. So if you value your health over money, dont work here. They test regularly for heavy metal in your blood, however we now know these metals accumulate in your bone, causing all kinds of negative health effects.
ok place
heavy industry with a lot of dangerous chemicals, safety equipment supplied, salary in line with industry, benefits very good as union has bargained for these over many years
I don’t have one
One of the worst experiences of my life. Nepotism, favouritism and an extremely weak union with lazy leadership.
Foreman are ignorant.

Females are largely disrespected by foreman.
Always something to do or fix
Working at Teck Coal I was giving numerous opportunities to advance my skills and knowledge about the mine operation. Was put into different opertations and fields to learn about all types of equipment.
Stressful, frustrating, days are longer then what we are paid for.
Working for this company was extremely stressful and no matter how much they stress safety it’s always production first. You work 15.5 and get paid 12.33. And operations are viewed and treated like 2nd class citizens Now that our mine is shutting down everyone is at risk of layoffs and getting fired it’s cutthroat out there especially with the supervisors. At the end of the day Teck doesn’t care about its employees just about the money.
Heavy equiptmen tech
Grate place to work for some one who likes a fast pace and pushing them selves to do better and learn. The only down fall is uncirenty of having a long carrier as the coal industry is very unstable.
Look forward to my opportunities working for a great company.
Safely working together there is nothing we can’t accomplish while providing a healthy positive culture for long term with strong confident leadership that comes from all of us.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Teck Resources Limited?
Stressful
The mining industry is a difficult one and it constantly feels like you are being watched and monitored. Not much job security here. The office workers think they are better than the operations and maintenance workers.
Good company to get experience
I learned that since it is a big company , it takes a long time to enforce a change. Dealing with users from not so tech savy background can be challenging.
We have it better then most in this economy now a days Very blessed to be working for Teck Wished everyone felt like this Would make for great moral and production
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Tied up 15.5 hrs getting paid for 12.
work hard then go home at end of the shift.
Enjoyed working at Teck mine. a lot of different types of equipment to train on. a lot of long term employees. Gps equipment so you dont end up in at the wrong equipment or wrong Dump.
Pros
7 days off
Cons
Early rise and Bus travel
Great Place to Work
I was a co-op student for a year at the Sparwood office. I found that Teck had a great focus on safety. It was a great place to work with amazing people and a competitive and diverse work field.
Well paying job
Harsh work environment, pay is good, hours are good, most of the people are good bosses work on a different system so the work isn’t always done the way it should be or when it should be
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hazards
Safety culture isn't as good as they think
They say safety is their core value but safety issues don't always get noted and taken care of. Management doesn't always listen. Union workers get paid very well. Benefits are above average also.
Good place to get experience
Teck is a good place to get experience however most of the management isn't very knowledgeable about the equipment, some management try to push people to do things that are unsafe, otherwise a good place to work.
Good company
Knows how to take care of the business and its employees. Knows how to listen to its people and always aiming for the best solution on how they can further advance the business.
Excellent place to work
Computer skills are an asset. Physical attributes as well as problem solving are important skills. Being able to communicate and teamwork are beneficial to a good working atmosphere.
Great Place to Work
I have only worked at Teck for the past 7 months but so far I love it. It is a stable, competitive long term company with many great projects (RACE21) on the go. I have a great team and am very satisfied with my managers. The salary and benefits are very good for the area. I have great work-life balance and love working the 5x2 EDO schedule.
Great pay and benefits if you get full time
Took over 2 months to get hired on. Once hired I had 2 weeks to move, find a place to live and make other arrangements. All I could find for rent in that short of time and close was a house on a 6 month lease. Went through Truck school and was told its ok if you need extra training in the trucks, we are here for you and will give you the training you need to make you successful. This is not the case unless you are a minority. Was let go(by phone call!) 1 month after being hired because I needed more training to feel 100% confident.They do not care about the hardships you go through to be available for the job.
Great place to work and learn
I went to Teck with no previous mining experience as a HET. My fellow colleagues were more than willing to teach me and show me the safest way to do my job. The FRO shop has the equipment needed to big jobs such as wheel motors and corner groups. It is hands down the biggest and most well equipped shop I have ever worked in. All and all this is a great place to work.