Teck Resources Limited Employee Reviews

Worst Place I have ever worked!
Pit Utility/Haul Truck (Former Employee) –  Fording River11 May 2018
Working in Teck’s mine was by far the worst job I have ever had! I was treated like a piece of trash. Dispatch regularly tells employees to work regardless of safety in doing so. Very poor moral. Horrible shifts. They can keep you casual for as long as they want and lay you off at any time. Not recommended to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Not much to say
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Canada Harbour, NL10 May 2018
If you are not from Canada dont except to be called by recruiters not a diverse company when it comes to hiring just unjust even if you are a very skilled individual as trump said only American now it's only Canadian good luck.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Dont know haven't been there
Safety culture, sustainability
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  British Columbia8 May 2018
Teck has some merits including good job security, safety culture, diverse products. Teck still needs to work on integration of and collaboration across various Business Units and consider career advancement based on professional competencies instead of personal relationships
Great company
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  British Columbia22 April 2018
Great company to work with great benefits and you learn a lot from others . Lovely scenic views such a beautiful place to work live and have a family life..
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nothing such as diversity if you're a minority this is not the job for you, you wont get hired ......recruitment are liars
Excellent culture and work/life balance
Executive Assistant to CIO (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
The layout is complicated, too many floors, inter departmental liaisons are difficult due to the layout of the offices.
Work is great and culture/people were excellent.
Hierarchy is difficult and inaccessible.
Pros
Excellent salaries, bonuses and extras
Stay away
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highland Valley Copper3 April 2018
Poisonous atmosphere. Nobody is happy! Managment is run by people who know nothing about mining but only bottom dollar! Frontline supervisors have to be yes men or are let go! Everyone is afraid for their own jobs and coward to upper management. If you have morals do not apply here or they will strip you of them or let you go!
Pros
Wadge
Cons
Everything else
Great place. Great environment
Vice President of Audit & Operational Review (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 March 2018
Professional environment. Access to many aspects of business. Opportunity to travel. Timely project delivery required. Great company culture. Employees well regarded.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Many employees - can feel anonymous
good place to work and good people
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Sparwood, BC2 March 2018
advancement always available
work with a good team
union orientated
company that is striving to improve
working in boundaries of policies and procedures can be frustrating at times but it is there for eveyones safety
Worst experience ever
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Logan Lake, BC22 February 2018
Horrible shift,good pay management poorly selected and trained.
Company working with union worst experience ever treated like a child at all times by mangement
Heavy equipment operator
HAUL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC15 February 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. 5 yrs of my life I wont get back. They treat you like garbage, your just a number, and its always your fault. If you don't care about how your treated then this is the company to work for.
Very good company to work with
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC4 February 2018
Very happy to work there, awesome culture and friendly staff. EDOs are great perks for us who need to travel back and forth. Superior views of the mountains and lots of nature surrounding.
Pros
Earned days off
Overall Good Experience
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 January 2018
I worked on a demo project during my time at Teck Resources. The project ran 8-months and included night shifts. Although overall I saw this as a good experience, communication through the ranks was not ideal.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Cadomin, AB3 January 2018
Working at Teck is great. Secure job, great pay, great people, nice schedule. Enjoyable work. 4 on 4 off shift is great. Junior employees will have to rotate to nights but straight days is awesome.
Pros
excellent perks and benefits
Cons
shift work
Blah
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2017
I would struggle to think of any serious downsides to working at WaterAid other than some probably pretty unavoidable silos between the departments as whole, a natural situation for an organisation of its size and scope.
Great place to learn experience in mining.
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Millertown, NL21 October 2017
Really enjoyed my time at Duck Pond Site.i worked alongside many great workers,I learned a lot of new skills while there .Very willing to train and move ahead .
Bad attitudes
Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC27 September 2017
Classic example of Money can't buy happiness!
Iv'e never witnessed so people making 6 figures a year be so unhappy. I feel the company treats them okay, with a lot of bonuses and days off but it is a toxic environment to be in. Good Riddance!
Pros
top pay in the valley
Cons
unorganized management, bad culture
Productive and fun workplace with very nice people
System Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to be exposed to all kinds of technologies and my category of work is always diverse and challenging. The overall work pace is not very intense.
Haul Truck Operator - CAT 797, Komatsu 830 & 930 (Current Employee) –  Elkford, BC21 September 2017
Good place to work, benefits are excellent, offers some perks. Shift is difficult as it is 4 days on 4 days off, consisting of 2 days on 2 nights on 4 off.
Forward thinking company
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trail BC13 September 2017
Great company to work for. Goal of the program was to promote the health and wellbeing of employees. The program was well fudded by the company. I would work for this company again. I was supervised by a committee of management and union. They worked together to ensure that my work environment was supportive so that I could do my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
Well funded and well received.
Cons
No where to move in that position carreer wise.
Nagative enviroment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BC14 August 2017
Its a negative place to work the management like to keep you scared that your job is on the line. They push new hires to run faster i fear there will be a serious incident. Moneys good.. 4 0n 4 off.. 2 days 2 nites is hard on your body and mind you live in a perpetual state of fatigue...
Pros
Money
Cons
Fatigue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teck Resources Limited. Our community is ready to answer.