Techo-Bloc
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Techo-Bloc Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
Techo-Bloc is fast-paced work environment that encourages forward thinking. The marketing department is one of the most advanced I have worked in with regards to digital, merchandising, and branding initiatives. The company culture is a work hard, play hard mentality where you are part of a family. Techo-Bloc is growing rapidly and there is huge opportunity to advance your career. Love the fact that it is on the South Shore of Montreal and therefore I avoid traffic during my commute!
I have been working at Techo-Bloc for awhile now, and they really make you feel part of a team and sometimes even part of the "Techo Family". I have learnt a lot since I have started with Techo, and I keep learning more as time goes by. There are so many opportunities to grow with this company, and I personally can't wait to grow with them.
Tech-Bloc is a great place to work because you'll never feel like you're "on your own". Everyone that I have worked with has been super helpful and always willing to lend a helping hand with advice, coordination, and basically anything else you may need to make your job more efficient and comfortable.
expérience très enrichissante, évolution. Contact direct avec les propriétaires et responsables.
Great company to work for, co workers are friendly and willing to help. Management is understanding and fair, they will work with you to find a solution to your issues,
The feel at Techo-Bloc is very unique. It is very big but it's a family business, and you can tell the owners care very much about the success of the company and their employees. From my personal point of view, I have seen that senior management takes the time to mentor employees and guide them in decisions made. Their is a lot of passion in this business, and if you're driven and motivated to advance and succeed, you're noticed and rewarded with career advancement and salary increases. Unlike giant companies I have worked for, it's very easy to advance and get noticed, as long as you work hard.
Family business, they smile and stab you in the back. If you're a good looking woman then you're competition to some higher up women, they don't like that!
Never felt welcomed there , it's the first time this ever happened to me. It's a family business and the family all work there, so no matter what, their needs and wants come before yours!
Aucun l entreprise grandit trop vite pour ce quel est capable d absorber
Pros
Croissance
Cons
Communication
I've been working for Techo-Bloc for 10 years. This is and always has been a very fast pace work environment because the company is constantly growing. When i started there were 150 employees and we are now 700+.

The owners and management are demanding but hard work is always rewarded. Usually with either promotions and/or raises. Any reviewer that says otherwise is probably because they are lazy!

Very innovative and design oriented company with huge focus on quality and reporting. Dynamic team of both young & seasoned professionals who work well together and have a winning attitude about everything.

If you are a winner and are not scared to work you will mesh well & move up the ranks quickly. Many positions constantly opening up and opportunity for anyone to grow if they want it.
I have been working for the Techo-Bloc family for over 18 years in production.I have been given opportunities for all levels in production by upper management team as the company is growing. I have excepted multiple positions and succeeded with the support and training by the management team. I'm still here today and I have no intention of leaving this place.
Pros
caring culture
Gestion des ressources humaines déficiente, Gestonnaire écoute peu son équipe et préfère satisfaire la haute direction.
I've worked at Techo-Bloc for about 2 years now and I love the environment. I feel like management really cares and are really involved, so it makes your work feel like it means something. There is opportunity for career advancement in this company, because owners recognize talent when there is some. You can tell they are growing really fast and sometimes there is structure issues but overall I love my experience and i really feel a strong sense of belonging.
Pros
lots of room for career advancement
Great place to work. Easy commute from Montreal island since its against traffic. Head office is very welcoming and care about newcomers. Friendly staff. Lots of internal promotions. Innovative and fast paced. Cool marketing department. I'm excited and encouraged about what's to come!
L'environnement de travail fut très agréable chez Techo-Bloc. Mes collègues étaient très collaborateurs et n'hésitaient pas à m'aider en cas de questions. L'employeur est ouvert à des suggestions et des recommandations. Les employés sont également très sympathiques. Le DRH était très présent et partageait son expérience ce que j'ai bien apprécié. Un bel esprit d'équipe règne dans le milieu du travail. Je me vois bien travailler dans cette entreprise dans le futur.
Pros
Bon esprit d'équipe
Cons
Distance longue (traffic)
it's an easy job that chimpanzees and monkey's can do. their is not much advancement because the boss's are not very smart and don't care about personnel. You are just a number, don't think to make thing's better. Your not paid to think, but to work.

The level of ignorance is by far the highest I've ever seen. I refuse to buy their products and further promote their negative culture.
Pros
dental insurance
Cons
Bad management
A company that is growing quickly and pioneering a lot of innovative thinking, You can tell that ownership has been listening to employees and has been making positive changes. Keep it up!
Pros
Free snacks, great creative team that is always pushing the status quo.
Cons
Nothing on note.
Entreprise familiale avec une belle architecture.
Pas fort la gestion en RH. Les professionnels ne restent pas longtemps en place. Une difficulté de sentiment d'appartenance.

- Les entrevues ne sont pas structurées et les demandes de la direction n'ont pas de sens selon moi.

- Environnement adm anglophones, et manutentionnaires TRÈS FRANCO.
Great company in growth mode. A lot of opportunity for those looking to grow their career. Excited by growth in new markets. Good ideas receive support needed to come to life.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for growth.
Cons
Si vous etes pro-actif et aimer que ca bouge, ce poste n'est pas pour vous. Superviseur imbut de lui-meme et dit que tout est de la marde. Ce qui crée un environnement désastreux. C'est malheureux parce que ce genre d'individu mine les beaux cotés des autres employés et patrons de la compagnie.
Pros
Bon salaire
Cons
superviseur qui dit que tout est de la marde
Presque pas d'augmentation de salaire a part si tu donne ta demission et qui te courent apres pour que tu reste.
Malgre cela ca reste une bonne compagnie pour travailler.
I had read some of the reviews before joining the company, so I had concerns, but I enjoyed the interview process and felt good about the people I was connecting with.

Overall, I have been quite impressed and really enjoy working here. The company is growing and there are a lot of interesting projects on the go. You can tell that they have gone through some growing pains, but I feel like the organization is moving in the right direction.

People are friendly, potential for high influence in the org (owners are very accessible), culture of product innovation, out of the box thinking is encouraged.

There needs to be better communication between departments, but you can tell that they are working to get better at that.

It's a great place to work.
Pros
Good work-life balance, Free healthy snacks, Ability to work on interesting projects
Cons
Inter-departmental communications need improvement