TechnipFMC Employee Reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 1,518 reviews
Oil crisis lead to some changes
Wellhead Engineer Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Europe/Africa20 September 2018
I have worked with fmc/technipfmc and enjoyed with my colligue for all the time I stayed there. The company is good for persons who want to improve the skill. It was only got a mess because of the oil crisis and I quit by my own because of personal of course the frequency of the job reduction due to oil crisis
A dynamic place to work, open minded area helping each other
Accounts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paris16 September 2018
I discovered a petroleum industry with a rewarding system to encourage the staff. However, I had loved the SAP usage that was very familiar to me those days. The staff management was very good, we were treated with respect.
Pros
The culture of the company was fantastic
Cons
Too bad that I had to quite to emigrate to Canada
Great employer
Sr Mechanical and Materials Engineer/Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2018
Great Engineering, Procurement and Construction Corporation where an Engineer can definitely develop his/her full potential if willing to do so. Many growth opportunities are offered.
Poorly Managed from Higher Ups
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
No proper training, not enough productive communication, management does blame game to cover favorites. Supervisors are pushed to do reviews and give words of encouragement but never get it themselves from their supervisors/managers.
Pros
Money not bad
Cons
Expectations too high and not clear
Was hopeful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada15 March 2018
Was hopeful that the merger would bring positive changes. But with excessive management changes it is reverting to the status quo as people are afraid to show leadership for fear of termination
Pros
Big
Cons
small minded managers
Flowback management poor
Flowback supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 February 2018
Management is inexperienced. Company has whistle blower policy but if they don’t like what you say they will just fire you instead of addressing issue
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Poor management. Don’t adhere to own policy’s. Poor HR department.
Decent Job
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL12 January 2018
Good starting job but your efforts go unappreciated and raises are impossible to come by. The only way to get a raise is to quit and re-apply. OT pays less than regular pay and you are forced to do it. Not a good feeling or environment overall
Pros
Not always working offshore
Cons
Bad work environment
Good structured company
Case Hole Wireline Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB17 August 2017
Strong management team to ensure employees are properly trained and competent to complete jobs. Good sales team. Long days and nights when on shift. Very little notice by dispatch when given a job.
Pros
Strong management team
Cons
Long days and nights
Great workplace
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada18 July 2017
Great place to work, positive environment, opportunity to learn, flexible hours, helpful and knowledgable coworkers, convenient location, great benefits
Working atmosphere is nice
Piping Stress Engineer (Current Employee) –  Qatar26 April 2017
Nice working experience
learning experience,workplace is nice
cool atmosphere,management is good and understand the
things.done job on off shore .
Good company to work for when work is available.
Pipeline Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 February 2017
Worked with a great team, with a great team leader.

Learned how to mange time and efficiently meet deadlines for projects. Vastly improved my problem solving skills when unexpected events would occur during the design/manufacturing/installation phase. My excel and report writing skills would not be at the level they are now without this job.

Management is good for the most part, but some require an improvement in interpersonal skills.

Hardest part for my for me was the lack of field time and inability to move up in the company, felt like I would of stayed in the same position unless I switched departments.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. Very helpful, hardworking and knowledgeable while still keeping spirits in a fun/positive mood.
Interesting place to work at
CAD- Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Burgas7 February 2017
Nice staff, very good quality of work. Everything is so well planned. Great team leaders. Ontime finished projects. Amazing design of steel structures.
An enjoyable place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC30 January 2017
I obtained a lot of experience and training while employed and gained valuable relationships with fellow co worker and the head trainer in Houston Texas.
Pros
All training provied as well as company credit card.
Cons
dealing with managment that shouldnt be there.
Technip is the safe place to work. They are care about there employees in HSE , sports, gettogether parties, and much more.
FIELD PIPING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Yeman9 January 2017
Technip is equal opportunity firm where we can gain new experience and skills in the construction site as well as in the design office.

Myself enjoyed by implementing our ideas, skills and experience without any obstructs.
Pros
Free lunch and Project Bonus.
Cons
Worked till midnight under some circomstances
Productive and fun to work into with good recreational facilities.
Offshore Storekeeper (Current Employee) –  British Columbia15 August 2016
Working in an oil & gas industry and offshore environment. Good communication skills and working with different nationalities is a pleasure. Hard part of the job is when working offshore. The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet, communicate and work with customers with different nationalities and cultures.
Pros
Free food & lodging
Cons
Long hours on work
Fun workplace
ROV Pilot/Tech (Former Employee) –  aberdeen, uk4 April 2016
Lots of travel, which I loved. Enabled me to see the world while getting paid to do my job. Lots of ROV experience, doing different tasks. However, as oil prices are down at the moment the job security isn't there as I'm on a day rate contract. Also working away from home for 6 weeks at a time leaves me with a low life/work balance.
Local de trabalho produtivo e com muita camaradagem entre todos.
ENGENHEIRO DE TUBULAÇÃO DE CAMPO (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2016
A Technip Italy, é uma Empresa de Projectos bastante sólida, na qual todas as pessoas são consideradas, independentemente da sua posição laboral e da sua raça ou religião. Fiquei bastante satisfeito durante os 6 meses de contrato que fiz com eles para trabalhar no Canadá.
Pros
Não, refeições em apartamentos individuais fornecidos pela Technip Italy no Canadá.
Cons
Se desvantagens.
Great place to work! Everyone is very welcoming.
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 October 2015
I very much enjoyed my time at Technip! It is a company that encourages working as a team to complete tasks and share knowledge. Great work/life balance with the exception of those who go offshore during offshore season,for a short period of time. Benefits packages are great. Technip takes their team building to the next level having events often to get everyone from all departments interacting and working together. Training is also a number one priority at Technip, in which they will help provide training to those who are eagar to learn.
Great company
Process Engineer In Training (Former Employee) –  calgary3 June 2015
My best experience so far

really good company

truelly a global company

they believe in team building

Too bad they closed

loved working there
piping Engineer
Piping Engineer - Egypt (Former Employee) –  Egypt17 February 2014
Gas Compression station project
working as piping Engineer
Pros
over time work
Cons
8 hours