Technip Employee Reviews

Poorly Managed from Higher Ups
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
No proper training, not enough productive communication, management does blame game to cover favorites. Supervisors are pushed to do reviews and give words of encouragement but never get it themselves from their supervisors/managers.
Pros
Money not bad
Cons
Expectations too high and not clear
Was hopeful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada15 March 2018
Was hopeful that the merger would bring positive changes. But with excessive management changes it is reverting to the status quo as people are afraid to show leadership for fear of termination
Pros
Big
Cons
small minded managers
Flowback management poor
Flowback supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 February 2018
Management is inexperienced. Company has whistle blower policy but if they don’t like what you say they will just fire you instead of addressing issue
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Poor management. Don’t adhere to own policy’s. Poor HR department.
Red Deer Location
Surface Wellhead Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 January 2018
Guys are great to work with that’s one thing that kept me going a bit longer than I did. Manager and service coordinator were difficult to work for. Working 30+ hours in a shift was no frowned apon. Service coordinator is a druggy biker wanna be. The young guys get treated like dirt while the older guys can do what they want and when they want as they please. No schdule was in place and you would have to book holidays in order to actually get a day off. They are short staffed and for a reason. The way things would only get better there would to be get rid of the manger that is lazy and only cares about himself and screw the guys mentality. And get rid of the service coordinator that only cares for himself and how much drugs and hookers he can get.
Pros
Benefits but didn’t get a chance to use them cause of the stupid no schedule we had
Cons
Garbage management and garbage service coordinator
Decent Job
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL12 January 2018
Good starting job but your efforts go unappreciated and raises are impossible to come by. The only way to get a raise is to quit and re-apply. OT pays less than regular pay and you are forced to do it. Not a good feeling or environment overall
Pros
Not always working offshore
Cons
Bad work environment
Working atmosphere is nice
Piping Stress Engineer (Current Employee) –  Qatar26 April 2017
Nice working experience
learning experience,workplace is nice
cool atmosphere,management is good and understand the
things.done job on off shore .
Good company to work for when work is available.
Pipeline Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 February 2017
Worked with a great team, with a great team leader.

Learned how to mange time and efficiently meet deadlines for projects. Vastly improved my problem solving skills when unexpected events would occur during the design/manufacturing/installation phase. My excel and report writing skills would not be at the level they are now without this job.

Management is good for the most part, but some require an improvement in interpersonal skills.

Hardest part for my for me was the lack of field time and inability to move up in the company, felt like I would of stayed in the same position unless I switched departments.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. Very helpful, hardworking and knowledgeable while still keeping spirits in a fun/positive mood.
Interesting place to work at
CAD- Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Burgas7 February 2017
Nice staff, very good quality of work. Everything is so well planned. Great team leaders. Ontime finished projects. Amazing design of steel structures.
Technip is the safe place to work. They are care about there employees in HSE , sports, gettogether parties, and much more.
FIELD PIPING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Yeman9 January 2017
Technip is equal opportunity firm where we can gain new experience and skills in the construction site as well as in the design office.

Myself enjoyed by implementing our ideas, skills and experience without any obstructs.
Pros
Free lunch and Project Bonus.
Cons
Worked till midnight under some circomstances
Productive and fun to work into with good recreational facilities.
Offshore Storekeeper (Current Employee) –  British Columbia15 August 2016
Working in an oil & gas industry and offshore environment. Good communication skills and working with different nationalities is a pleasure. Hard part of the job is when working offshore. The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet, communicate and work with customers with different nationalities and cultures.
Pros
Free food & lodging
Cons
Long hours on work
Fun workplace
ROV Pilot/Tech (Former Employee) –  aberdeen, uk4 April 2016
Lots of travel, which I loved. Enabled me to see the world while getting paid to do my job. Lots of ROV experience, doing different tasks. However, as oil prices are down at the moment the job security isn't there as I'm on a day rate contract. Also working away from home for 6 weeks at a time leaves me with a low life/work balance.
Local de trabalho produtivo e com muita camaradagem entre todos.
ENGENHEIRO DE TUBULAÇÃO DE CAMPO (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2016
A Technip Italy, é uma Empresa de Projectos bastante sólida, na qual todas as pessoas são consideradas, independentemente da sua posição laboral e da sua raça ou religião. Fiquei bastante satisfeito durante os 6 meses de contrato que fiz com eles para trabalhar no Canadá.
Pros
Não, refeições em apartamentos individuais fornecidos pela Technip Italy no Canadá.
Cons
Se desvantagens.
Great place to work! Everyone is very welcoming.
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 October 2015
I very much enjoyed my time at Technip! It is a company that encourages working as a team to complete tasks and share knowledge. Great work/life balance with the exception of those who go offshore during offshore season,for a short period of time. Benefits packages are great. Technip takes their team building to the next level having events often to get everyone from all departments interacting and working together. Training is also a number one priority at Technip, in which they will help provide training to those who are eagar to learn.
Great company
Process Engineer In Training (Former Employee) –  calgary3 June 2015
My best experience so far

really good company

truelly a global company

they believe in team building

Too bad they closed

loved working there
piping Engineer
Piping Engineer - Egypt (Former Employee) –  Egypt17 February 2014
Gas Compression station project
working as piping Engineer
Pros
over time work
Cons
8 hours
Productive & interactive with customers.
OFFSHORE STOREKEEPER (STOREMAN) (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT26 January 2013
Always on the job focus on e-mail correspondence with the vendors/suppliers. I've learned a lot on this job every year a new system in regards procurement, quality & inventory control management updated. Co- workers is great and cooperative. Hardest part is when supplier ask for a purchase order without delivering material or goods on site. Most enjoyable part is seeing different places around the world and knowing all new faces, cultures and interactive with different nationalities onboard a construction & pipelaying vessel.
Pros
free meals and accomodation.
Cons
long hours of work.. 12 hours a day.