Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada227 reviews

guysafetyapprenticejourneymanoilelectricalwagetown

Lots of work both local and camp work. Pay seems to be fairly even with others in the same market depending on the area or project your working on. great people to work with

Steady job for good employees

-Coworkers are trustworthy, smart, hardworking team players-Even though excellent performance is expected, no one will throw you to the wolves if you make a minor mistake

Insights into Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Love the atmosphere!

Going to work each day is no problem for me because pay is beyond respectable and the atmosphere is always jovial and fun. I truly feel that Techmation is a world-class company!

there’s a place for everyone

simply a wonderful place to work. it doesn’t matter how far along you are in your journey; there will certainly be a place for you. i encourage any and all electricians to apply.

Practically perfect

Dare I say that this is the perfect company? Granted, I don’t have that much professional experience, but I genuinely cannot imagine how it could possibly be improved.

Diverse, supportive, and challenging

Very inclusive and diverse work environment.Managers and teammates were equally supportive.I was in a constant state of learning.I felt challenged in the best ways.

No such thing as empty promises at Techmation

Techmation does for their employees what other companies always promise to do but rarely actually deliver.Work here if you want to be cared for and valued. You won’t be disappointed.

Great place to work with lots of learning opportunities

Started my apprenticeship here, I've been given many different opportunities to learn and advance in my trade. Management has always been great and every coworker has been a blast to work with. Really an amazing work environment.

Great place to work with opportunity to grow. good people, competitive salary. Field guys are great to get along with. Techmation has a strong safety culture and family values

I enjoyed it

I enjoyed my short time working for them. The pay was good and management was really good to. Workers are treated fairly and the culture is dedicated to openness and inclusiveness.

Great people, good pay and lots of opportunity!

Tec has kept me busy when it was slow, and looked after me in the busy times. crews I work with are a great group of guys and work we do in the oil industry has been a great experience. pay and benefits are good.

Good company, hard work, good pay

been working at TEC for 4 years, local work is typically 5 and 2 and then with shift work at 14 and 7. good crew to work with, the experience has been great, mostly oil and gas work. safety is top notch and management is supportive. looking forward to being promoted to a foreman.

Disappointment

Started out with little to no direction from management. Basically thrown to the wolves with an expectation to pick up on what to do without being taught. The job did not have any challenges, so I was never motivated. Office staff moral seemed down overall, maybe due to the fact management does not do any team building.

Good place to work, awesome team to work with

started my apprenticeship with Teck, they have treated me good. They recently made some changes to management, so far the new manager is great to work for. The crew I work with have been great, keeping steady doing local maintenance and wiring skids. pay and benefits are good.

Pros

Steady work, good crew

Cons

oil and gas work can be up and down

good culture, great place to work!

love working here, management has treated me excellent. I came to the company as a second year apprentice and worked my way up to a journeyman and foreman. I have gained a wide range of experience mostly in oil & gas installations from gas plants to wellsite tie-ins. Some camp work , shifts can range from 10-4 to 14-7 with some decent overtime. the site safety and quality is the best in the industry, I would recommend this company to anyone.

Amazing Company to work

I have been with Tech for over 10 years, they have treated me excellent and always kept me busy through the tuff times. Safety culture is the best in the industry and the crew I work with are awesome guys. Started out as an apprentice and worked myself up to a supervisor role. I started out doing maintenance and small work and now running larger projects. I highly recommend this company for great experience and for good pay.

Pros

great hands on experince

Cons

oil and gas work can be up and down

lots of work, good management

if you are looking for a good career with advancement, this is a great company. been here for a couple of years, my foreman and manager have treated me good. Once I proved myself, they have me running small jobs and doing commissioning and start-ups.

Électronique

Je vous prie d'avoir confiance en moi et mon objectif est de réussir dans ma carrière pour avoir la bénédiction de Dieu et aussi de mes parents

Pros

Repas gratuit

Cons

Courtes pauses

Cheap but steady work

They're probably the cheapest company in FSJ. They do all sorts of things to steal from employees. Electrical is also the most over saturated trade in the oil feild, which means low pay already. They won't teach you anything,you'll be laboring your whole apprentiship. By the time you're a journeyman, no one else will hire you because you have no real experience. However they are pretty good with requested time off. You'll always have steady work, and a set shift (15days on 6days off) And management is organized. I give this place 2 out of 5, if you really care about your career, choose a differnt conpany.

fast paced, good project work

enjoy working here, good crew to with and have gained some good experience. My time has been split on the road with some camp work and in town wiring skids. my manager has been really to good to work for and keeps us busy with stedy work

good company

worked here for 10 years, always have lots of work. typically 10hours a day, the crews are good to work with. Mostly oil & gas work with some solar projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement